David Attenborough - Humans are plague on Earth

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 Walrush

Walrush

Neowinian

• 337 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 19:25

He's obviously watched Agent Smiths excellent speech about humanity in The Matrix then.

"Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet....you are a plague".

#17 Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,921 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 22:17

well duh ... only people like me should be allowed to breed (tall, strong, high IQ and funny as hell ) ;D

#18 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 22:21

100% agree.

#19 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,544 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 22:27

Mmmm... I don't really care what he says, I will still blissfully fall asleep to the sound of him saying it :wub:

#20 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,610 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 22:30

I am sure WWIII will come around soon, if not a zombie apocolypse...

#21 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,026 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 22 January 2013 - 22:43

Humans are a blight on galactic purity.

You sir, you are a blight.

#22 mzta cody

mzta cody

Neowinian

• 364 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 22:50

Clearly Mr. Attenborough is a manboon in manpants pretending to have a functioning brain. Some sociopaths have a hard time pretending to be an actual, feeling human being. Just too much acting ability is required, so some don't even bother anymore.
Why doesn't Mr. Attenborough live up to his convictions and remove himself and all of his progeny from the Earth? Go take ride a rocket to Jupiter or something. That's good start and a great demonstration of leading by example!
"Population control for thee, but not for me"

#23 Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

• 999 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:06

This has always stuck in my mind...

Agent Smith:

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure. --The Matrix

I dont remember it all just the ending really and i think its pretty true.

#24 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:17

Overpopulated or not, we adapt. The time may come when we won't be able to, but that's what we've been doing and will continue to do.

I don't see the point in even talking about it. If science can't provide for us then people will have a difficult time sustaining themselves and the population levels will control themselves, one way or another.

Everyone dies in the end, no point making it happen faster.

#25 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

• 1,129 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:17

"Sir" Attenborough and people that believe like him are idiots
We've had crackpots making these same comments for centuries and it hasn't happened, crap like this falls under the "It's a Conspiracy" forum

So you are saything that we have not re shaped the world , by clearing all the land for farms, which is not natural. over 90% of the UK and euro is man made as how can the conteryside be natural.

#26 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• 4,135 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 23 January 2013 - 00:58

"Sir" Attenborough and people that believe like him are idiots
We've had crackpots making these same comments for centuries and it hasn't happened, crap like this falls under the "It's a Conspiracy" forum

Overpopulation isn't a conspiracy. It's a scientific fact, and yes, very observable in a laboratory and in nature.

Posted Image

We’re in the midst of the Earth’s sixth mass extinction crisis. Harvard biologist E. O. Wilson estimates that 30,000 species per year (or three species per hour) are being driven to extinction. Compare this to the natural background rate of one extinction per million species per year, and you can see why scientists refer to it as a crisis unparalleled in human history.

#27 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,178 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:08

An incredible man. I 100% agree with him, although I choose to refer to mankind as a virus rather than a plague. Obviously not in day-to-day conversation, but on the topic of our over population and consumption of resources without much (if any) thought to sustainability.

philanthropy and eugenics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

vs

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Philanthropy

makes me wonder.. two sciences by supposed people of this guys caliber.. Attenborough .. who decides who lives or dies? he has no right to say people must die or slow the population growth.this whole science is a sham.. but a bunch of hedonistic rubbish.

the rich feel they have this innate right to live over everyone else... lol ... centuries past, this same elite tried to inbreed with themselves since they feel they are a "superior" breed and came out with some seriously screwed up offspring.

probably the reason people like him say such things is because he has the failed genes of these inbred feral vermin

#28 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:17

He may be right (or not) about the blight but I'm always wary of people calling for population control.

#29 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

• 3,636 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:35

Nobody is asking for population control by force. He is quoted in the article, if any of you guyswho chastised him bothered to read, saying through sex education and voluntary means.

#30 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:18

Nobody is asking for population control by force. He is quoted in the article, if any of you guyswho chastised him bothered to read, saying through sex education and voluntary means.

The trolls here would rather ignore the facts and go with their own weird interpretation of what was said.