Photo

Wind Waker HD for the WiiU coming this fall.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 23 January 2013 - 15:39

Along with telling us they are under way with the next Zelda game they announced this as well. The game still look gorgeous and it will look even better made for HD.
http://www.gameinfor...-this-fall.aspx

Also a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Smash Bros will be playable at E3. New Yoshi game based on Kirbys Epic Yarn and the VC is coming out in April.

#2 OP S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:31

Here is the full Nintendo Direct.

#3 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:36

Looking forward to the Mario 3d (maybe mario galaxy 3?) and Mario Kart... I never played Wind Waker so I may pick that up.. cant wait for E3

#4 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:37

Much rather they remade golden eye for the wiiU and improved physics, but then again, I stopped caring about Nintendo since the cube era.

#5 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:39

i see an odd pattern going on here, CES was amazing last year but E3 was rather disappointing, this year it seems to be the reverse. CES was rather lame and it's looking like we're gonna have a great E3 this year :)

#6 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:44

i want a full fledged console version of Golden Sun :D

#7 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:56

Wow oh wow. Sadly I would gladly go buy a Wii U just to play this game. Damn you Nintendo!

#8 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:18

OMG Wind Waker, only one of the best video games ever made, and the best looking!

#9 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 23 January 2013 - 19:09

Who says Nintendo just sell the same first party titles over-and-over again? Oh, wait.

It's smart. I'll buy them and no doubt love them, but I thought Ninty was looking to get more 3rd party titles on the Wii U. Have they spoken any more about that?

#10 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 23 January 2013 - 19:15

Haha, wind waker is the new OoT! OoT was released a total of 11 times last I counted, a right cash-cow for nintendo, wonder how many times this will get re-released.

Also, $8 for a SNES game!? Wow, does anyone actually pay that? Cheaper to buy a 2nd hand SNES and the cartridges.

#11 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 23 January 2013 - 20:10

Haha, wind waker is the new OoT! OoT was released a total of 11 times last I counted, a right cash-cow for nintendo, wonder how many times this will get re-released.

Also, $8 for a SNES game!? Wow, does anyone actually pay that? Cheaper to buy a 2nd hand SNES and the cartridges.

at our 2nd hand store, most of the SNES carts are well over $8.

look fwd to playing Wind Waker as i never have before.

#12 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 20:37

Those screenshots look so nice.

#13 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:25

Two words...
GamePad Support
As such, this is a definite buy for me.

Have to say, as a WiiU owner, was more than happy with everything announced for today. I have gone on the record about the fact the WiiU is not my primary console, so it is appearing to serve the exact purpose I purchased it for... To play some great 1st party Nintendo games.

The other thing I am incredibly psyched about, is the announcement of the Virtual Console, in particular the fact that games for the first 30 days will be 30 cents each. I will easily pick up 10 classic SNES games, and since it will only cost me $3 to do so, call me a happy camper.

#14 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:57

I'm excited about Mario Kart, maybe the new Mario game (3D land was fun but I didn't like galaxy). I'm disappointed there's no new Mario Party game, playing Nintendo Land really made me want a Mario Party game for the WiiU

#15 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:12

You haven't seen the SNES market lately have you? A system can go up to $200, and up to $1500 for a new boxed system...... games can go from tens of dollars to hundreds of dollars...back in early 2000 when SNES was considered an "old" system games went cheap, now its in the "retro" stage and games are worth a good bit now...

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!