Since the decline (or lack) of JRPG's in the current generation (compared to say Playstation 2 era...) despite building up large Xbox360 and PS3 libraries... I've lost a lot of interest in console games. The prospect of no backwards compatibility on future Sony/Microsoft hasn't helped.
I've been passively playing around with the WiiU, 360 collects dust, and PS3 is my dvd/blu-ray/netflix/crunchyroll player.
That being said, WiiI U has rekindled interested me in console games I've not felt in a while.
(Links to youtube trailers)
Wii U titles
- Monolith Soft Trailer - Looks like a Xenogears / Xenoblade Chronicles game (by same creators) with HD graphics
- Bayonetta 2 - Loved the first one (also like Bullet Witch on 360 but wish there was a sequel)
- Shin-Megami Tensi X Fire Emblem - unless this turns in to a strategic turned based game
- Ni no Kuni - When Level 5 game developer and Studio Gibil animation studio join forces
- Atelier Ayesha - Still wish the go back to older sytle PS2 Atelier series... but will take what I can get.
- Pandor's Tower - I still value game play / story over graphics but so wish this was in HD
Sorry about no xbox360 titles catching my eye, I don't dislike the system, loved Halo Reach especially.
I'm a bit irked about having to re-buy Nintendo Virtual Game "WiiU" versions again (even at significant discount).
But re-releasing Zelda Windwalker in HD and adding Virtual Game Boy Advanced games soften's the blow a bit.