Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:50

?

#2 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:55

You can use visual C++. Or use the QT Library with a program such as QTCreator. Those will both do what you want.

#3 OP togermano

togermano

hot top for the bottoms

Posted 24 January 2013 - 17:02

You can use visual C++. Or use the QT Library with a program such as QTCreator. Those will both do what you want.

is QT like vb u can drag command buttons in?

#4 +Karl L.

Karl L.

xorangekiller

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 24 January 2013 - 17:08

I second firey's suggestion for Qt. However, if you're only interested in Windows development, its not the only option: SmartWin++ is a small but powerful C++ wrapper on top of the WIN32 API. (Writing a GUI directly using the WIN32 API is not a fun experience.) There is also a GUI editor for the toolkit called SallyIDE.

So long as you are designing your GUI using Qt Creator, it is. Unlike SallyIDE - which fairly featureless except for the WYSIWYG GUI editor - Qt Creator is actually a pretty good IDE all-around IMHO.

#5 pickypg

pickypg

Neowinian

Posted 24 January 2013 - 17:37

It can be. There is even a version that integrates with Visual Studio, but I am not honestly sure if you need the full version of Visual Studio, or if the Express version will work.

#6 OP togermano

togermano

hot top for the bottoms

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:15

thanks everyone but I am confused how do I get to the gui builder on QT?
Capture.PNG

#7 +Karl L.

Karl L.

xorangekiller

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 25 January 2013 - 16:58

In Qt Creator, goto File->New File or Project...->Files and Classes->Qt->Qt Designer Form Class. That will add an graphically editable interface with an accompanying class that you can implement.

If you're serious about learning Qt, you should probably consider reading a good tutorial or book on the subject. While Qt is fairly easy to understand and use, there is no substitute for a solid, conceptual understanding of how it works. I recommend C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 (Second Edition), although if you want a complete list of what's available check the Qt Project's Books page.

#8 dtytfyiutiufg

dtytfyiutiufg

Neowinian

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:51

How well do you know C++? All GUI toolkits require pretty decent knowledge of C++ before you can jump in and make an app even if they do support RAD (drag & drop development) like VB.