• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#16 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,430 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:15

I think all of this is a load of horse manure. Someone has something over his head and gave him an option:

A. Tell the world your a liar and a cheater

or

B. We tell the world this other stuff that we have proof of

He got caught cheating and was stripped of his titles, so there was nothing left to reveal. His admission was to garner public sympathy and he lied because anyone who still believes him is a gullible fool who will believe anything - he's a compulsive liar. Everybody that had anything over him had already testified against him. The only conspiracy was Lance Armstrong's attempt to conceal his doping.

He should tell his lies in Prison. All of that money he got was under false pretenses. He is a jerk.

At the very least the US government agencies that sponsored him and his team should sue him for fraud. It's a clear cut case when he admitted to cheating.

#17 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:22

He got caught cheating and was stripped of his titles, so there was nothing left to reveal. His admission was to garner public sympathy and he lied because anyone who still believes him is a gullible fool who will believe anything - he's a compulsive liar. Everybody that had anything over him had already testified against him. The only conspiracy was Lance Armstrong's attempt to conceal his doping.

At the very least the US government agencies that sponsored him and his team should sue him for fraud. It's a clear cut case when he admitted to cheating.

Bologna!

He should tell his lies in Prison. All of that money he got was under false pretenses. He is a jerk.

See above!

#18 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26

Athletes that use roids ruin it for the rest of the clean athletes. How many were inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame this year? Nobody because most of the ones that qualified were on the juice. It has to be a fair playing field and drugs does not make it fair.

#19 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,386 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:38

USADA needs to GTFO!!!! Armstrong is a hero to many people and they ruined him and ruined lots of other people's faith and emotions. ANYONE THAT DOES THAT NEEDS TO GTFO

and so what if he did dope.... it's just like overclocking your computer to be better at game competitions!!! people need to STFU about this crap it's getting out of hand.

If you're serious, you need to return to your meds, quickly.

The whole interview was just two narcissists enjoying each other's company.

#20 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:42

Everyone in sports should be forced to use steroids. Especially baseball. I don't know whats worse, that people are so bent out of shape he doped up or that people out there actually looked up to a bike rider lol

#21 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:43

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Absolutely ludicrous statement.

What about all the other riders who competed perfectly fairly and were conned out of a win by his lying, cheating ass?

Also, how the hell is he a hero?! Cos he recovered from cancer? Thousands of people a year do the same, have you ever heard of them?

They're just butthurt becuase they couldn't afford the good **** or they are just being anal. Like the people that are too dumb/poor to OC thier gaming PCs or they get ****ty systems that can't overclock and they get butthurt becuase they get pwnt in battlefield or whatever. Do you want OCing to be outlawed in LANs????

#22 Jlobb2

Jlobb2

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:43

and so what if he did dope.... it's just like overclocking your computer to be better at game competitions!!! people need to STFU about this crap it's getting out of hand.

No, a fast computer doesn't make one better. It's more like using an aimbot or a wallhack in a FPS.

And it is a big deal. Where would you draw the line? Or wouldn't you? It's perfectly fine for 13 or 14 year olds to start taking roids so they can be a star in High School? I can't believe how desensitized people have become towards cheaters. Too much forgive and forget.

#23 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:44

Athletes that use roids ruin it for the rest of the clean athletes. How many were inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame this year? Nobody because most of the ones that qualified were on the juice. It has to be a fair playing field and drugs does not make it fair.

Reminds me of something I heard a while back. We can put an asterix next to barry bonds name as soon as you put an asterix next to babe ruth. Being able to break records before black people were allowed to play, that's unfair.

#24 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:46

No, a fast computer doesn't make one better. It's more like using an aimbot or a wallhack in a FPS.

And it is a big deal. Where would you draw the line? Or wouldn't you? It's perfectly fine for 13 or 14 year olds to start taking roids so they can be a star in High School? I can't believe how desensitized people have become towards cheaters. Too much forgive and forget.

a faster computer does make a difference. try going up against someone with an OCed top of the line i7 and nvidia GPU with your core 2 duo and intel GMA GPU....

are you gonna whine that nobody should be able to use a computer faster then yours?

#25 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,848 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:46

Him having drugs and winning 7 Tour du France isn't just cheating and "leave him alone"; the repercussions this is having in professional cyclism are enormous, since this sports as lost all the integrity and respect it should have; there are talks of banning this sports from the Olympics. :o Also how the other teams that worked hard and were clean should feel? That wasn't fair to them. He cheated everyone and me as a viewer also feel cheated (stopped watching this sports when the number of doping cases were getting higher every year).

Also at least one sponsor (the USPSS) are seeking prize money returned from Armstrong, since he cheated.
http://postalnews.co...rship-payments/

Also i understand why people are still defending him; he was a legend and many got inspirited by his accomplishments, but the truth is out now: not only he cheated but everything he worked so hard (family, work, his foundation) is crumbling because of this. And that's the sad part.

#26 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,848 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:56

They're just butthurt becuase they couldn't afford the good **** or they are just being anal. Like the people that are too dumb/poor to OC thier gaming PCs or they get ****ty systems that can't overclock and they get butthurt becuase they get pwnt in battlefield or whatever. Do you want OCing to be outlawed in LANs????

remixedcat wtf? i love you girl but that is not OK: you just can't compare having enhancement drugs in a professional environment and having an unfair edge over everyone (specially since not only it's against the rules but it's also a health hazardous) and gaming, because they are completely different things.

a fair comparison is horse racing: imagine that you put all your money, emotions, pride in one horse to discover that every race that he lost was won by a drug pumped up horse, giving it more stamina and strength...

#27 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,430 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:00

Everyone in sports should be forced to use steroids.

There should be separate sports leagues for people who want to cheat... and they should be made to wear dresses and women's make-up.

As we've already discussed, overclocking isn't illegal or fraudulent, nor does it break any rules. However, if a gaming event prohibits overclocking and competitors do it anyway then that would be cheating and they should be punished. It's really simple to understand. Lance Armstrong cheated and committed fraud; someone with an overclocked computer did neither.

You need to learn the difference between an analogy and a false equivalence.

Also how the other teams that worked hard and were clean should feel? That wasn't fair to them. He cheated everyone and me as a viewer also feel cheated (stopped watching this sports when the number of doping cases were getting higher every year).

Exactly. Many professional cyclists are furious at him for bringing the entire sport into disrepute. He has destroyed the credibility of the entire sport. He is a disgrace and it's disgusting that he's still lying. He's a compulsive liar and he deserves no respect.

#28 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,430 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:05

Reminds me of something I heard a while back. We can put an asterix next to barry bonds name as soon as you put an asterix next to babe ruth. Being able to break records before black people were allowed to play, that's unfair.

Setting a record while competing fairly is perfectly legitimate - the fact that black people weren't allowed to play in no way invalidates his achievement. Doping is against the rules though, and invalidates any achievements made.

#29 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:13

Why play the race card? This is ridiculous. Barry Bonds was on the Juice, Babe Ruth wasn't.Race has nothing to do whatsoever with this topic. I'm done here.

#30 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:13

remixedcat wtf? i love you girl but that is not OK: you just can't compare having enhancement drugs in a professional environment and having an unfair edge over everyone (specially since not only it's against the rules but it's also a health hazardous) and gaming, because they are completely different things.

a fair comparison is horse racing: imagine that you put all your money, emotions, pride in one horse to discover that every race that he lost was won by a drug pumped up horse, giving it more stamina and strength...

I'd have to dope up and tweak my weak body to even be able to be normal if I were to compete with normal non doped athletes. so I got the reverse going on.