5 posts in this topic

Posted

A German cookie manufacturer has found itself the victim of a crummy theft.

The Associated Press reports that police are on the lookout for a giant golden cookie that was stolen from a sculpture atop the Bahlsen headquarters in Hannover. The 100-year-old, 44-pound biscuit went missing earlier in January, baffling authorities until this week, when a ransom note was mailed to Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper along with a photo of the apparent thief holding the sculpture while dressed in a Cookie Monster costume.

"I have the cookie! And you want it," the letter reads, according to HAZ via Spiegel.

The perpetrator is demanding that Bahlsen donate cookies to a local children's hospital, making the effort to specify that the cookies be "milk chocolate." According to a HuffPost translation of HAZ, if his demands are not met, the gold cookie "will wind up in the trash with Oscar the Grouch."

The ransom note is signed "Kr

Posted

Well, I guess if you're going to break the law you might as well do it in style. :laugh:

Posted

I want 6 fresh sugar cookies a day, or your statue gets it.

Posted

It's nice to meet a criminal with a sense of humor. :laugh:

Posted

The perpetrator is demanding that Bahlsen donate cookies to a local children's hospital, making the effort to specify that the cookies be "milk chocolate."

Alright, this guy's crossed the line. Dark chocolate or death.