• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#16 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 02 February 2013 - 14:16

With the specs of PS4 I think its going to be Nextbox that's going to underpeform.

Rumours are that Sony are pushing for 8Gb of ram like Nextbox, if they do its game over.

Why would that be game over ?

#17 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 February 2013 - 14:24

Not getting into some ridiculous argument with you.

It's my personal opinion that Microsoft are making a mistake by aiming the Xbox as a media hub rather than a purebred gaming machine, there are a massive number of devices that aren't as locked down as the Xbox will be with regards to format support and features.

Both consoles have similar specs, Orbis has the same CPU but more powerful GPU, extra APUs, faster memory, etc.. they don't charge for online, free games via PS+, they don't lock down features that are free on other consoles behind a pay wall.

Durango with weaker specs more aimed as a media centre than a pure games machine is a mistake. I'm not looking for a discussion, that's all I have to say on the matter.

#18 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 February 2013 - 22:46

Then maybe you should slap an "IMHO" after that, instead of stating it as a clear fact, despite the fact that history has showed that you opinion/statement on this is wrong. people don't look at specs when buying, and what the xbox offers as far as a hub goes, in rental (at the highest quality(highest bit rate) around, music and Xbox glass and the rest, it puts it at an advantage without having to compete on pure hardware.

in any case, if Sony plans to release this year, it's to late to add more memory. that means a hardware change, a hardware change requires months of testing, then verification, then QnA, then factories need to be retooled, and their production needs to be retested, and it goes on and on, even with a small change like that, they'd be lucky to be ready for production by the end of the year. and even so if they do announce increased RAM, MS could announce faster ram and faster GPU the next day. for all practical purposes the changes required amount to the same time in testing and retooling.

besides that after the PS3 I doubt they could afford it. especially since if the trend keeps up. sales of the next gen will be even slower than it was last time. The PS3 will never sell as much as the PS2 did, and the PS4 will most likely never sell as much as the PS3 will.

the only way to turn this trend, is to offer more than a gaming machine. and just slapping a movie rental service on top, isn't going to do it.

#19 American Ninja

American Ninja

Don't Tread on Me!!!!

• Phone: Apple iPhone 5 32GB

Posted 04 February 2013 - 17:57

So excited for this!

#20 Nightz

Nightz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 February 2013 - 20:08

My body is ready.

#21 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2013 - 18:56

why have two people said "my body is ready" already in this thread? is this some new slogan i dont know about?

#22 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 February 2013 - 18:58

why have two people said "my body is ready" already in this thread? is this some new slogan i dont know about?

It's something which caught on from this...

#23 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 05 February 2013 - 18:59

http://knowyourmeme....y-body-is-ready

#24 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 07 February 2013 - 13:26

Nikkei: PS4 to utilize Gaikai, have expanded social features

According to the Japanese outlet, the network function of PlayStation 4 will be expanded, including a new social feature where you can exchange opinions among your friends while playing games.

The system is said to utilize Gaikai cloud technology, which Sony purchased for $380 million in the summer of last year.

Echoing previous reports, the outlet claims the Sony developed “Cell” chip loaded onto the PlayStation 3 will not be included in PlayStation 4, and that it’ll arrive by the holidays.

PlayStation 4 is expected to be revealed during PlayStation Meeting 2013 in New York City on February 20. Its controller will supposedly have a touch pad.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2...social-features

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 February 2013 - 14:30

ugh... they should learn from Apple/itunes and everyone else.

don't make your own limited scope social network. connect with FB natively and use that for the social sharing functions.

#26 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 07 February 2013 - 14:41

ugh... they should learn from Apple/itunes and everyone else.

don't make your own limited scope social network. connect with FB natively and use that for the social sharing functions.

The PS3 already connects with Facebook.

The share button on the new DS is also rumoured to be for Twitter/FB and the likes.

#27 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 February 2013 - 14:43

yes, but now they're obviously trying to move over to their own limited scope social network. which is overall a bad idea.

#28 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 07 February 2013 - 14:44

yes, but now they're obviously trying to move over to their own limited scope social network. which is overall a bad idea.

The article doesn't even say that. It says a new social feature, not a new social network. The social feature probably IS the Dualshock share button.

The controller

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

Isn't the YouTube cap 15 minutes?

#29 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 07 February 2013 - 14:58

The article doesn't even say that. It says a new social feature, not a new social network. The social feature probably IS the Dualshock share button.

Isn't the YouTube cap 15 minutes?

By default the limit is 15 minutes but you can change a setting to enable unlimited uploads: http://support.googl...en&answer=71673

EDIT: I just enabled it on my YouTube account. You need to verify your account with a verification code (delivered with a phone call or text).

#30 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 February 2013 - 14:59

hopefully, unless they've decided to block FB just because MS are part owners and will probably be heavily integrated in the nextbox. (following their strategy with everything else they've done the last few years)