Angry Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) ? Residents at the Sable Ridge Condominium complex say they?ll never forget the sound.

Michael Issa says the eight gunshots that rang out Monday morning scared him. ?I just know I heard a whole bunch of gunshots at 8 a.m. I dove over my son to protect him.?

Neighbor Yolanda Washington said, ?I heard three [gunshots], then it stopped and I was about to rise up on the floor, and I heard five more and I got back on the floor.?

Dallas police say the suspect shot and killed two residents.

Neighbors say both bodies lay outside.

While police haven?t identified the victims yet, neighbors say they include a Dallas man and his girlfriend, who?s the mother of five young children, ranging from 10 years in age, to a baby born just after Christmas.

Police believe the shooting was the result of an ongoing dispute between the couple and their accused shooter, an elderly man who lived downstairs from them.

Neighbors say the feud had been going on for nearly a year, and centered on a Pit Bull that lived in the couple?s unit. Issa said, ?From what I?m hearing now, they?ve had a lot of arguments over the pet dog, urinating on that balcony. But as far as I know personally, I?ve never heard them argue or fight.?

Resident Gilbert Leal says, ?It?s very sad. I heard the gunshots this morning. When I saw and heard it was her, how do you take this? She?s here one day, gone the next. It?s very sad.?

Neighbors say the problem was the dog went to the bathroom on the balcony, which often dripped downstairs onto the suspect?s balcony.

Residents tell us noise was also a problem.

Leal says the suspect often complained to condo management about the problem. ?He got frustrated because he didn?t get the cooperation of the board and management to enforce the rules and regulations.?

But Leal says what the suspect is accused of doing is ?completely unjustifiable.?

A spokeswoman with Child Protective Services says all five children will now live with relatives.

Neighbors say four of those children were at school when the shooting happened; the newborn was actually inside the apartment, but was unharmed.

A police affidavit identifies the suspect as 75-year-old Chung Kim. He?s being charged with Capital Murder. A statement released by police says Kim is hospitalized for treatment of a medical condition.

source

^ How is that ? They were shot dead in seconds.

Ask anti gun nuts. Apparently police are all you need to protect you. I was just agreeing with them. Not saying I know the logic.

We have a nut job living next store that lets his dogs run wild and poop all over everyone's yard. He has been told next time it will be by the Police.

Police won't do much other than maybe do something about the sound disturbance. But with 5 kids (did i read that right) and the dog, good luck ending the sound problem.

Ask anti gun nuts. Apparently police are all you need to protect you. I was just agreeing with them. Not saying I know the logic.

Police won't do much other than maybe do something about the sound disturbance. But with 5 kids (did i read that right) and the dog, good luck ending the sound problem.

Police respond to murders , they do not prevent them.

That's non-sense.

Not according to the law. Polices job is to respond, not protect.

Well, at least they will have to take action now.

Not to mention take it more seriously in the future when someone complains. Management will take some series heat if they are not the owners for failing to prevent this and indirectly contributing to the bad publicity that place will get.

Love the mentality of the pro-gunners. No credible arguments, lets poke fun at the "anti's". If the guy didn't have access to a gun, 2 people might be alive today.

• Like 4

the logic is the crazy man shouldn't have been allowed to be owner of the gun. Not saying you know the logic.

Love the mentality of the pro-gunners. No credible arguments, lets poke fun at the "anti's". If the guy didn't have access to a gun, 2 people might be alive today.

Says the guy from England where apparently guns are legal. So you are arguing that no American should legally be allowed to own a gun since he legally owned the one he had. Yay for disarming everyone but criminals.

Credible argument... I have a right to defend myself. You have no credible argument that I don't have the right to defend myself with equal force but yet you claim otherwise. Try again. Try with an argument that doesn't require law abiding citizens to give up there right to defend themselves and maybe then you will get somewhere.
  • Like 1

Says the guy from England where apparently guns are legal. So you are arguing that no American should legally be allowed to own a gun since he legally owned the one he had. Yay for disarming everyone but criminals.

Credible argument... I have a right to defend myself. You have no credible argument that I don't have the right to defend myself with equal force but yet you claim otherwise. Try again. Try with an argument that doesn't require law abiding citizens to give up there right to defend themselves and maybe then you will get somewhere.

LOL WUT

LOL WUT

TheLegendOfMart is known for saying that he supports limited rights for guns and the going on to say that people, such as the criminal in this case, shouldn't have been allowed to own a gun. The laws required to have prevented this guy from owning a gun would mean nobody is legally allowed to own a gun which goes against what even the law in England allows for as well as what TheLegendOfMart claims he supports. TheLegendOfMart contradicts himself with his own arguments.

It's all the gun's fault. We should ban them, that way he would have stabbed his neighbors to death instead, which would have made everything so much better. :yes:

the logic is the crazy man shouldn't have been allowed to be owner of the gun. Not saying you know the logic.

If somebody can't accept that restricting gun ownership would prevent situations like this then it's not worth bothering, as they're just not being reasonable or objective.

Disputes with neighbours are problematic at the best of times; the last thing you want is for angry people to have access to firearms. As for the suggestion that knives are equally dangerous to society, that's factually untrue - it's much harder to murder multiple people with knives and people are less likely to do it. It's why the US murder rate is so much higher than countries with firearms restrictions. Also, knives are restricted here - from age limits to certain designs being banned altogether, so the idea that knives aren't / shouldn't be restricted is patently absurd.

• Like 2

Not according to the law. Polices job is to respond, not protect.

Um, are you serious? The motto of police everywhere in this country is "To serve and protect". What "laws" are you referencing?

If somebody can't accept that restricting gun ownership would prevent situations like this then it's not worth bothering, as they're just not being reasonable or objective.

Nobody isn't accepting that. What isn't being accepted is that the only restriction that would have prevented this was a total ban of all firearms. Something that not even the UK has and yet you choose to advocate it. If you say you support changes that prevent this, you are supporting a total ban of all firearms.