• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:11

Those men are out there, risking their lives, leaving their families behind to fight in another country on the other side of the world and do their best to slow down terrorism, keep people like Bin Laden away from your families and your countries so you can enjoy the freedoms you have without worry. I think they deserve some respect, don't you think?

#17 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,257 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:13

Leave it to the neowin members to express their immature level to the highest :rofl:

#18 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:15

Are you serious?

Yes? They haven't disclosed his name and no one knows where he lives, not to mention who is it, exactly, that's going to hunt him down and try to harm him?

I think you're just overselling the danger he's in compared to, say, any other soldier.

#19 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:15

Why should we care about this specific person more than everyone else?

Why should he give up his freedom, his family and a normal life to defend your freedom and the freedom of millions of people he doesn't even know? Why should he care about you, me and everyone else? He didn't have to, but he did.

#20 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:27

Why should he give up his freedom, his family and a normal life to defend your freedom and the freedom of millions of people he doesn't even know? Why should he care about you, me and everyone else? He didn't have to, but he did.

Those are all his decisions though. He signed up for the military, that's the path he wanted to take.

#21 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:33

Those are all his decisions though. He signed up for the military, that's the path he wanted to take.

Very true, but that doesn't mean we have to be disrespectful to him.

#22 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• 3,095 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:36

Those men are out there, risking their lives, leaving their families behind to fight in another country on the other side of the world and do their best to slow down terrorism, keep people like Bin Laden away from your families and your countries so you can enjoy the freedoms you have without worry. I think they deserve some respect, don't you think?

I can respect them for what they do and what they volunteered to do without holding them on a pedestal. I realize what they do is hard work but they have the hard work of an entire military behind them and an entire nation paying taxes to support them. What does respect mean to you?

#23 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,006 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:41

Does it say how he came out of the Military? Was he not signed on for further service? If he left of his own accord then what is he bitching about? He doesn't deserve special treatment for doing what he was paid to do. If he wasn't signed on? Seems a shame they didn't sign on someone who has demonstrated that he is effective at his job.

#24 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:51

Does it say how he came out of the Military? Was he not signed on for further service? If he left of his own accord then what is he bitching about? He doesn't deserve special treatment for doing what he was paid to do. If he wasn't signed on? Seems a shame they didn't sign on someone who has demonstrated that he is effective at his job.

Oliver North was given protection when he got out. Just a thanks you and a C-Ya later is no way to treat any member of the Miliatary.

#25 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,916 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:54

A Job offer to drive a beer truck. This is disgusting.

Average trucker in Wisconsin makes $44,000 a year, and most likely if he was driving for a major brewery the pay may have been higher with pretty good benefits. Not a bad starter job IMO, and no one's shooting at you..

http://www.thetrucke...ckerreport.html

#26 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:56

Who cares?

Maybe if it was you, you would care but since it was not I can understand your lack of concern for the safety of men/women that protect you.

Average trucker in Wisconsin makes $44,000 a year, and most likely if he wes driving for a major brewery the pay may have been higher with pretty good benefits. Not a bad starter job IMO, and no one's shooting at you..

http://www.thetrucke...ckerreport.html

I know but maybe a security job would be better. Fact is he should have stayed in 4 more years.

#27 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• 19,542 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 February 2013 - 21:07

Gotta love these armchair pundits asking questions they could've had answered by reading the article.

The price he's paid with the physical toll it's taken on his body, his marriage, and his lack of thrill for the action were all factors in his decision to not re-up.

#28 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 21:13

I can respect them for what they do and what they volunteered to do without holding them on a pedestal. I realize what they do is hard work but they have the hard work of an entire military behind them and an entire nation paying taxes to support them. What does respect mean to you?

http://www.merriam-w...tionary/respect

#29 He's Dead Jim

He's Dead Jim

Neowinian Senior

• 2,248 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 21:32

This isnt meant to sound disrespectful, but if you make a grandiose gesture of hero worshiping the shooter, then you also create the great martyrdom for bin laden, no?

but I do hope he gets some compensation with his disabilty claim, at the very least.

#30 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 22:04

This isnt meant to sound disrespectful, but if you make a grandiose gesture of hero worshiping the shooter, then you also create the great martyrdom for bin laden, no?

but I do hope he gets some compensation with his disabilty claim, at the very least.

Nobody is worshiping anybody. This is about having a little respect for someone who gave up his life and freedoms to defend and protect ours. That's all.