Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

driving sim RaceRoom Racing Experience Beta

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I was invited a while back to test RaceRoom in a closed Beta, I just remembered about it and tried to load it and steam threw up this message

--

Hello,

This is the installation folder of the closed beta builds.

If you were looking for the OPEN BETA, please install it from:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/

---

So I guess its open ;) Go install, the closed was a load of fun, only complaint was the length of the tracks, bit too short, but the driving was good fun :)

Downloading the open beta now

Posted

So I guess its open ;) Go install, the closed was a load of fun, only complaint was the length of the tracks, bit too short, but the driving was good fun :)

I was actually thinking about trying it when it popped up on steam. But after reading the blerb it suggested that it came with the bare bones of a game with the option to buy in game cars and tracks. So I didn't bother and went back to playing Dirt Showdown lol.

Let us know how it plays and what you actually get for free.

Posted

I was actually thinking about trying it when it popped up on steam. But after reading the blerb it suggested that it came with the bare bones of a game with the option to buy in game cars and tracks. So I didn't bother and went back to playing Dirt Showdown lol.

Let us know how it plays and what you actually get for free.

To be honest, I think the closed beta drove much better than this, this feels much more arcade, less control, I've just played a good few minutes then quit, whereas the close beta I enjoyed, it was difficult but much more realistic.

I`m reviewing the default > quick race right now, I`ll have a play around with the settings and see if I can get the closed beta handling back

Posted

Hmm, not sure about trying this now, after all its a 10gig download...

Posted

Hmm, not sure about trying this now, after all its a 10gig download...

This is me just now, after a good few drinks, using a keyboard (A manual wheel and pedals are VERY needed for this game) I tried playing it with a PS2 pad and it was no easier, even with analogue sticks)

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh it's a Beta? I hadn't noticed that from the game description... that'll be why it was so limited...