competition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#16 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 16 March 2013 - 18:02

Hi guys, I'm afraid that every photo that has currently been entered is ineligible for entry since it does not meet the requirements as stated in the original post. Warwagon your photo has no date taken information at all.

The point of this challenge is to get you to go out there with your cameras and get exploring! Not to root through old archives and post random photos from years gone by. ;)

Friendly reminder, last day according to rules is tomorrow!
Also, suggestion chase, you should delete all the disqualified ones to avoid confusion.
I'll post my entry later today!

#17 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 16 March 2013 - 20:07

Posted Image
My go at it:

"Old god, I mean dog, new dog harness" :shifty:

proposed theme: pets ! double :shifty:

This thread didn't really seem to catch on this month!

Edit: doesn't seem to keep exif data, (My guess is since I set the photo to private, anyway let me know and i'll reup it if/in any case )

#18 OP Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56

The challenge still continues until the 24th by the way :)

#19 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 20 March 2013 - 18:18

I would've expected more participation :/ Perhaps this could be posted on the front page to get more attention? But I guess that needs to be considered by the admins?

#20 OP Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:27

I would've expected more participation :/ Perhaps this could be posted on the front page to get more attention? But I guess that needs to be considered by the admins?

It was already, that encouraged the influx we saw, but people failed to read the rules and haven't posted since. :( At the beginning of the next month we'll see if we can do another front page post, with the rules in full there too.

#21 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:37

It was already, that encouraged the influx we saw, but people failed to read the rules and haven't posted since. :( At the beginning of the next month we'll see if we can do another front page post, with the rules in full there too.

It was posted in the front page? I must've missed it!

#22 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:58

In terms of entering with film photographs, when you go to upload it to your service of choice ensure it's been uploaded within the time frame, I don't think there is much else I can do in regards to that :p I'll just have to trust that you have taken it in that month ;)

The only prize is simply selecting the next theme, so it gives you a bit of excitement!

Don't most cameras have a time and date watermark that can be enabled for film photography ?

----
I have tried for 10 minutes to get a direct link to the image after having to sign up to one of the accepted image sites and failed, so here is the link but I've posted the image using localhostr, because it works (Can it be added to the accepted list of image hosting sites? I can just quickly drag and drop into the client with localhostr

Posted Image

#23 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 23 March 2013 - 19:18

Don't most cameras have a time and date watermark that can be enabled for film photography ?

----
I have tried for 10 minutes to get a direct link to the image after having to sign up to one of the accepted image sites and failed, so here is the link but I've posted the image using localhostr, because it works (Can it be added to the accepted list of image hosting sites? I can just quickly drag and drop into the client with localhostr

I mean as a Post on the front page, not as a forum post?

#24 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 24 March 2013 - 22:07

...snip...

Not all of the cameras... some people have it turned off.

Not sure film cameras have them but I remember some of the old compact cameras (point and shoot) have them.

My camera has the date/time turned off. So it won't be printed on each photo every time I take. But it can be shown in EXIF.

#25 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 24 March 2013 - 22:16

----

Posted Image

Lol I just realized, that's your entry! Clever :p

#26 OP Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

Posted 25 March 2013 - 20:57

OK, entries are now closed for this month, there have been 2 suitable entries for this month's theme. These will be posted in a voting thread now, if your photo is not there, please review the submission rules since the most likely reason that they weren't suitable is that they were not taken within the specified time frame.

#27 Fezmid

Fezmid

Neowinian

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:29

I mean as a Post on the front page, not as a forum post?

Yeah, it was:
http://www.neowin.ne...phy-competition

I'll do another post or two for the next competition and as was suggested, put the official rules there as well since I think it was a little confusing the first time.

#28 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 29 March 2013 - 13:19

OK, entries are now closed for this month, there have been 2 suitable entries for this month's theme. These will be posted in a voting thread now, if your photo is not there, please review the submission rules since the most likely reason that they weren't suitable is that they were not taken within the specified time frame.

Wheres the voting thread? :)

#29 Fezmid

Fezmid

Neowinian

Posted 29 March 2013 - 14:02

Wheres the voting thread? :)

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1143684-neowin-monthly-photography-challenge-voting-march-2013-old-new/

#30 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 29 March 2013 - 14:27

What's the theme for April?

Edit: Looking at the poll results, I'd guess Pets: Double?