win7

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 24 February 2013 - 22:40

Hey Guys. I'm having a bit of a problem with my home folder and WMP.

Every time I open WMP, my folders duplicate!

dupe.jpg

And the ones that dupe appear in my favorites folder!

favo.jpg

If I delete the ones in my favorites folder, it returns to normal

norm.jpg

WTF is going on? I use WMP avidly to sync my N7, so it's kind of a pain in the keester. I have already tried restoring all the locations of my folders. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#2 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 24 February 2013 - 22:50

I can't exactly say what's wrong, yet anyways, but going by your second screenshot "Favorites", obviousely it's not showing right, becuz everything in the navigation pane on the left hand side there, for favorites should show in that folder.
Personally I think it's that folder that's corrupted or linking to another user, as in Default user or Public.

Actually it is that folder. in the address bar, it shouldn't have... Tyler->Favorites, it should just be Favorites.
The folder there is supposed to be for your browser favorites.

Or maybe you do know wich favorites folder it is, but I say it is whats corrupted.

#3 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 24 February 2013 - 22:57

Try this: Right-click "Favorites" on the left-hand side and click on "Restore favorite links".

#4 OP f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 February 2013 - 23:10

Try this: Right-click "Favorites" on the left-hand side and click on "Restore favorite links".

Didn't work. :cry:

If everything fails, I'm thinking about formatting and giving 8 another chance to impress me.

I can't exactly say what's wrong, yet anyways, but going by your second screenshot "Favorites", obviousely it's not showing right, becuz everything in the navigation pane on the left hand side there, for favorites should show in that folder.
Personally I think it's that folder that's corrupted or linking to another user, as in Default user or Public.

Actually it is that folder. in the address bar, it shouldn't have... Tyler->Favorites, it should just be Favorites.
The folder there is supposed to be for your browser favorites.

Or maybe you do know wich favorites folder it is, but I say it is whats corrupted.

The side bar is easily customized by adding/removing shortcuts in "Links". So really, those are just shortcuts.

#5 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 25 February 2013 - 00:08

Try removing>rebooting, then adding again WMP from "Turn Windows Features On or Off"

Posted Image

#6 OP f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 February 2013 - 14:03

Try removing>rebooting, then adding again WMP from "Turn Windows Features On or Off"

I'm at work right now, but i'll try that tonight. :) I was actually thinking about that. I think my problem is I accidentily dragged those folders (music,videos,pictures) to my favorites folder on accident, dragged them back, but WMP remapped those folders, thus re creating them because they don't exist anymore in that location. Maybe I just have to remove and readd them from my watched folder list? It's just a theory, but It's worth a try.

#7 OP f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 February 2013 - 20:32

Didn't work. :/ Oh well, I'm going to have to reload then. Thanks for your help, tho. :)

#8 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 25 February 2013 - 20:37

Didn't work. :/ Oh well, I'm going to have another go with 8 then. Thanks for your help, tho. :)

System restore might do it, if you restore to before the problem

#9 OP f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 February 2013 - 20:47

System restore might do it, if you restore to before the problem

Nope. I think I just have a bugged install. I think I'm just going to go to reload.

#10 +Preppy

Preppy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:14

I can't quite tell what view you're in, but are you perhaps seeing both the user My Pictures (and etc) and the default My Pictures (and etc)?

If you go to WMP in the Library view and right-click on the Music node on the left and choose Manage Music Library..., do you see anything odd? :\

#11 OP f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:47

It's fixed after reformat. :) 1hr. and a few Advil later.