13 y/o girl attacks boy over a ....

.... bag of chips

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9004467

Girl, 13, accused of stabbing peer for bag of chips

FRESNO, CA -- A California middle-school student in Armona has been charged in the stabbing of another student..

A 13-year-old girl from Armona, located in the South Valley, has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

The Kings County District Attorney's Office says she also faces another charge for using a knife. Kings County Sheriff's deputies say the girl stabbed a 13-year-old boy after he stole a bag of chips from her lunch.

She claims she only meant to "poke" him and was joking around.

The girl is expected to be arraigned on the charges Monday morning in Kings County Juvenile Hall.

"Ain't nothing but a bag of chips!" ..... literally.

Lol - seriously though, the girl is a moron.

Can happen anywhere though

Thats true, but you hear of stupidity like this more often involving Americans...

Thats true, but you hear of stupidity like this more often involving Americans...

There might be some factors contributing to that:

- it's a big country

- it's not like you read chinese newspapers or indian ones for example. Most people on this forum are anglo-saxon oriented. Everyone understands English, so English news will get broader attention

- sensationalism, I wouldn't be suprised if in a lot of countries this wouldn't get reported

>.> I work with 90% middle-eastern people ... I would hear about it... lol

yup it might happen anywhere.

Very true, but more than often it happens in America. That is why in the first few comments there was some initial shock as people thought it happened outside of 'merica.

There might be some factors contributing to that:

- it's a big country

- it's not like you read chinese newspapers or indian ones for example. Most people on this forum are anglo-saxon oriented. Everyone understands English, so English news will get broader attention

- sensationalism, I wouldn't be suprised if in a lot of countries this wouldn't get reported

Yes, it's a big country. The bigger country - the more stupidity inside. Take Russia for example ;)

I feel sorry for the parents, the girl does something extremely stupid and it is the parents that have to foot the bill for lawyers, fines, and so on even though none of this would mean anything to the child to deter her from this behavior. Parents can do everything they can to teach their child right from wrong but once their kid goes to school, the child's actions our outside of their hands but they cop whatever consequences are heading their way.

• Like 1

Honestly, not the least bit surprised about the "attack" or the reason behind it either. Children, even at that age, fighting (or "poking") eachother for the most pointless of things are hardly that uncommon.

The whole "only meant to poke" thing isn't all that far fetched either... Well it isn't after just reading this at least, with more details like say the extent of the stab wound that might change.

What baffles me the most is that this escalates to actual charges.

Very true, but more than often it happens in America. That is why in the first few comments there was some initial shock as people thought it happened outside of 'merica.

No, we just air out our dirty laundry more than other places.

I wonder if she felt she could get away with it - being female and all.

Note, I am not bashing woman with this statement, but the culture that has cropped up in the past number of decades that seems to focus on the whole "men are the devil and women are pure and virtuous and can do no wrong"

Can happen anywhere though

Can, and has, sort of. One of my cousins was imprisoned many years ago for stabbing someone in school just for a Terry's Chocolate Orange (can't remember how long ago it was, but he's still in prison, so he must have got up to other things too). Obviously, it's a part of my family I never have any contact with.

Sounds like we need better knife control.

Or better people. Decent people don't stab each other. And it was all so pointless, as it wouldn't have occurred if the boy hadn't stolen from her in the first place (though that's not to excuse her behaviour).

Or better people. Decent people don't stab each other. And it was all so pointless....

At that age my daughter wouldn't have stabbed the kid - she'd have just pounded him, then threatened to pop-rivet his "thing" to a locker door (her favorite threat to bullies.) Tough chick, and still is.