• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,767 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 16:37

Get it?

Oh, I get it. My point is that what you're proposing still requires a keyboard in the first place. If it requires a keyboard in the first place then what is the point of voice when I can just copy and paste the code?

#17 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,790 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 01 March 2013 - 16:47

Damn, Microsoft marketing team has some real liking for little Asian girls. :p

#18 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 9,866 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 16:50

Oh, I get it. My point is that what you're proposing still requires a keyboard in the first place. If it requires a keyboard in the first place then what is the point of voice when I can just copy and paste the code?

Not me, feiry wants a physical keyboard... not me. I told him that it may have virtual keyboard that way he could code his scripts but he still wants physical keyboard for his work. Right now, tablets/phones have virtual keyboard.

I was saying, the user can use anything to the device, such as, voice commands, physical/onscreen keyboard, touch...

You can much do anything with it... as you see other users have made stuff for iPad such as camera lens...

I have photoshop and autocad, I don't need keyboard much for these programs... I used to be a programmer back in 90's but not anymore.

#19 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,521 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:15

..and here I'll be with still using Windows 7. I'm not impressed. It looks like a pain in the ass.

#20 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,508 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:23

How do you create the script in the first place?

Keyboards aren't going away.

#21 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,965 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:27

So in the end if MS does continue how they are going, that's fine with me I just wont be using any MS Windows products.

This is one MS will lose. They will not be able to force this upon the masses with their OS dominance, they do not dominate that space or the tablet or phone space yet have not adjusted their business practices for conducting business in a non-dominant position.

There's a reason touch, which is not knew, is not the primary interface. Even KIOSKS didn't proliferate that much. The success of the iPad and now cheap Android tablets have MS confused IMO. They have overestimated the impact of the "touch" UI. It's the devices usability and ecosystem as a whole and of course, the apps.

I also think they underestimated the impact of desktop computing among consumers. Microcenter is the most packed place every weekend in a very large mall area here. Fathers taking their sons to buy "cables" and building big rigs, still. Women as well, I'm kind of shocked. And there's not a Windows 8 promo anywhere.

There is room for touch, but I think MS just doesn't get it.

#22 exotoxic

exotoxic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,196 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:57

Can you imagine standing at the screen for 5 hours waving your arms around. :s

Those big screens, how do people reach the top of them?? Those small "family" screens, how would kids be able to reach them?? if you put them lower then everyone else would have to bend down, you couldn't even pull up a chair to sit because your legs wouldn't be able to fit, and if you built an alcove(??) then you would be sat with your face right up against the screen.

in my opinion, it looks good but in the real world you would have problems.

#23 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,095 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:05

its amaze me, that Microsoft deliberately avoid mentioning Glasses,
well probaby with Glasses & gestures, the so called 'touchscreen' no longer reign supreme.