Pastry gun, dangerous weapon ?

Children at Park Elementary School went home with a letter today explaining there was a disruption in school.

Seven year old Josh Welch, and his father, say the disruption lead to a two day suspension for the second grader in Brooklyn Park.

Academics are hard for Josh, who suffers from ADHD, but he excels in art class. It is Josh's own creativity that may have gotten him into trouble.

At Park Elementary school, Josh was enjoying his breakfast pastry when he decided to try and shape it into a mountain.

Josh said, "It was already a rectangle and I just kept on biting it and biting it and tore off the top and it kinda looked like a gun but it wasn't."

Josh takes full responsibly for trying to shape his breakfast pastry, but admits it was in innocent fun. He told FOX45, "All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain but, it didn't look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun kinda."

When his teacher saw the strawberry tart he knew he was in trouble, he recalls, "She was pretty mad?and I think I was in big trouble." Josh's dad received a phone call from the school saying that Josh has been suspended for two days because he took his breakfast pastry and fashioned it into a gun.

Josh's dad was astounded to learn the school chose such a harsh punishment, even after no one was hurt. Late Friday afternoon a letter went home with students explaining the incident saying, "A student used food to make an inappropriate gesture." :rolleyes:

But Josh's dad is not happy saying, "I would almost call it insanity. I mean with all the potential issues that could be dealt with at school, real threats, bullies, whatever the real issue is, it's a pastry.., Ya know?"

Josh just wishes he could go back to class, but maintains a good sense of humor through the whole debacle saying, "I didn't get to eat all my breakfast, so, really I am still hungry."

source

This is what some teachers and school administrators worry about? Idiots! They need to teach, not create little melodramas showing how faux vigilant they are in protecting our children.

I wonder how long this PC madness is going to go on.

Teachers need to stop the thought police attitudes or be fired.

I would have praised the boy for his art ability. :p

And people wonder why our schools are in such a sorry state.

First and foremost,

The law put too much power in the hand of parents. Thus if one parent complain about this it is going to be a big deal for the school. The school will lose 90% of the time versus parents in the court.

Second,

The parents only care about PC. As proven in numerous threads before.

Third,

It does not mean what the school did is right. They are just doing that to prevent being sued.

Fourth,

I'm not defending the school in any way. But this "blame school" BS is getting old and tiring while the bigger problem is remain unmentioned.

Just noticed it's FoxNews: creating a whole new school-hating generation. Please ignore what I wrote above.

If we ban enough things we'll all have to live like cave men again.

Hmmm. It would be sort of like a "fresh start" ;)

Humanity: "Excuse me but, can we have a do over?"

Universe: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha. No."

Just noticed it's FoxNews: creating a whole new school-hating generation. Please ignore what I wrote above.

Ah Fox 45 is a local independent TV station.

They are only affiliated with Fox News.

Fox does not tell them what to write.

If a local story is interesting enough, Fox may reproduce the story.

And many other News sites also reprinted the story.

http://now.msn.com/josh-welch-7-suspended-for-shaping-pastry-into-gun-shape

Can't you walk into most toy shops and buy a toy gun ? Don't most boys have a toy gun ?

Idiots.... my Dad bought me a spud-gun, was very cool, stick the end into a potato and then shoot things, but don't shoot your Dad in the face or you lose your gun for a week

I wonder how long this PC madness is going to go on.

Teachers need to stop the thought police attitudes or be fired.

I would have praised the boy for his art ability. :p

If the teachers thought some kids meal looked offensive, somewhat like gun they'd have a heart attack if they saw this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TrBfrXYhIw

• Like 1

Can't you walk into most toy shops and buy a toy gun ? Don't most boys have a toy gun ?

Idiots.... my Dad bought me a spud-gun, was very cool, stick the end into a potato and then shoot things, but don't shoot your Dad in the face or you lose your gun for a week

It's worse than this. Kids have been suspended / expelled for pointing a finger and saying "pow" or "bang", and sometimes for making like a revolvers hammer with their thumb & saying nothing.

Stupid.

It's worse than this. Kids have been suspended / expelled for pointing a finger and saying "pow" or "bang." Stupid.

Incredibly stupid, things that were absolutely fine when I was young are now punishable by death almost, they are the same things done by the same types of kids and have the same effect as they did back then, the only difference is the t**ts saying it is wrong, they are the problem that need removing, not the kids or their toys

I'm sick of words being banned too, you can't call someone fat now, it is not a politically correct term, get over it, you're fat no matter which words are used, in-fact changing the words to be less insulting probably have a negative effect, "Oh I'm not fat any more, lets eat this pie"

Ah Fox 45 is a local independent TV station.

They are only affiliated with Fox News.

Fox does not tell them what to write.

If a local story is interesting enough, Fox may reproduce the story.

And many other News sites also reprinted the story.

http://now.msn.com/j...-into-gun-shape

OK. However the parents PC madness is the core issue here as I posted above.

So its really the skools fault for giving the poor lamb a pie big enough to make a gun, so from now on they should serve mini tarts instead :rolleyes: :laugh: