BATTLEFIELD 4 CONTROL ROOM

-------

This is the official Neowin forum topic for Battlefield 4
Please discuss all news, updates, and other BF4 related discussions here.

We'll try our bests to keep this OP updated with all the latest BF4 info.

BF3 Premium Owners get access to the Battlefield 4 Beta! WOOT! :woot:

Developer: DICE
Publisher: EA
Release Date: Fall 2013
Engine: Frostbite 3

System Requirements:

Minimum:

• CPU(AMD): 2,8 GHz Athlon X2
  • CPU(Intel): 2,4 GHz Core 2 Duo
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • HDD: 30 GB
  • GPU(AMD): Radeon 3870
  • GPU(Nvidia): GeForce 8800 GT
  • VRAM: 512 MB

Recommended:

• CPU(AMD): 6-core
  • CPU(Intel): 4-core
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • HDD: 30 GB
  • GPU(AMD): Radeon 7870
  • GPU(Nvidia): GeForce GT660
  • VRAM: 3 GB

Pricing/Versions:
Standard: $59 - PC/Xbox360/PS3
Digital Deluxe: $69 - Early Access to beta, plus first expansion pack.

Premium: $49.99

Battlefield 4 Premium membership includes:

? Five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content
? Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
? Exclusive personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
? Priority position in server queues
? New weekly content and challenges:
? 12 Battlepacks

More info:
http://www.battlefield.com/

Pre-Order:
http://www.battlefie...ttlefield-4/buy

Pre-Order Premium:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/76889/pc-download/addon/battlefield-4-premium#details

Trailer:

Game play Footage:

Battlefield 4? is a genre-defining action blockbuster made from moments that blur the line between game and glory - moments found only in Battlefield. These 17 minutes of Battlefield 4 gameplay provide an exclusive look at BF4's single-player campaign. With dynamic destructible environments, epic vehicular combat, and the chaos of all-out war, Battlefield 4 gives you the freedom to do more and be more for an unrivaled entertainment experience.

Multiplayer Footage:

Frostbite 3 (new effects):

Battlefield 4: Official Levolution Features Video

^^ haha awesome

New Game Mode Revealed ? Obliteration

http://youtu.be/zYIV5erokbw

Screenshots:
(click for larger images)

[/url]

Edited by Andrew G.

this should be a service-pack/patch not a new game.

This, Most modern FPS games are like this

Cant wait. Looks utterly epic and the little piece of story already sounds way better than the BF3 campaign.

As said above the details are amazing. Really want to see the MP in action tho, as hey its BF.

Will deffo be sticking a pre-order down for this one.

Wow! That is the best graphics I've ever seen for a video game. I can't wait to play the campaign. It looks much more emotional than Battlefield 3.

Single player campaign. Why waste your time DICE? It will be just as forgettable as BF3's. No one buys battlefield games for single player. :pinch:

One thing that looks noticeably improved are explosions and smoke though. It's hard to say what else has changed since BF3 from the video.

Single player campaign. Why waste your time DICE? It will be just as forgettable as BF3's. No one buys battlefield games for single player. :pinch:

That doesn't mean they shouldn't try.

I'm blown away. I don't get hyped for games too often, especially... ESPECIALLY FPS games. I'm excited though! :D

I wouldn't pay for a multi only game.

• Like 3

I would. Maybe they could make a multiplayer only version for $10-15 less. A man can dream.

I am suddenly remembering Brink =) Of course, now that I can play Brink on my connection, noone else is o.o

I was hoping to see some of the multiplayer as that's all I play of Battlefield 3.. I'm sure I'll end up buying this but not sure I can be bothered with pre-ordering.

And yes I would pay for a multiplayer-only version of the game with the single player element stripped out!

I am suddenly remembering Brink =) Of course, now that I can play Brink on my connection, noone else is o.o

Fair point. But I should also point out that Counterstrike 1.6 was and still is the most competitive fps game ever played and it had 0 single player campaign (if you don't count HL1). And then most of the older Battlefield games all were without any sort of single player.

There are two sides to that coin. Of course if they chose not to make a campaign that doesn't necessarily mean the multiplayer would be better as well, I'm willing to concede that point.

One thing that looks noticeably improved are explosions and smoke though. It's hard to say what else has changed since BF3 from the video.

I did :laugh: it wasn't bad [bF3], but not worth the money if your not interested in the multiplayer (which I'm not). I won't be making the same mistake again with BF4 though!

Looks great and i'm looking forward to it. Graphics and engine look vastly improved and hopefully they'll have taken on a few of the flaws of BF3, which was a fantastic game.

We all know a lot of the team work intricacies were removed from BF3 but that aside, it was still plain awesome.

Looking forward to some multi-player footage.

Looks great but i dont know abt the single player.Maybe it should have been like BF2 single player which is in reality offline multiplayer with bots.

What have they done to the epic DUNDUNDUN DUN DUN DUN from BF3, just BRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZRZRZZRZZZZZZZDUNDUNDUNZZZZZZZZZZRRRZZZZZZZRZZZZZZ in BF4.

BF3

Story looks completely uninteresting. Hard to get excited about this after BF3 which wasnt great.

Looks more like an updated B3. I would rather it had more development time and was next gen only rather than cross gen as im sure they would be able to do more if they didnt have the woeful specs of the PS3 and Xbox 360 holding them back.

Story looks completely uninteresting. Hard to get excited about this after BF3 which wasnt great.

Looks more like an updated B3. I would rather it had more development time and was next gen only rather than cross gen as im sure they would be able to do more if they didnt have the woeful specs of the PS3 and Xbox 360 holding them back.

BF3 for the 360/PS3 was notably different from the PC ver. I'm rather curious if the differences are greater this time.

We shall see.