P.M.K

this should be a service-pack/patch not a new game.

No it shouldn't.

Flog.

• Like 1
Crisp

Terrible.

+LostCat

I'm gonna need a new vidcard this year. Right on.

• Like 2
+LostCat

That's what i was thinking. My 560ti isnt going to cut it anymore.

Loan me some money for the titan? :p

haha yeah that's gonna happen...I'm still runnin a 6870. planning to wait for the 8xxx series but who knows when that's going to happen or what it's going to cost

Dane

I'll wait. if they say later on, that it will be out for the new xbox, i'll get it. if not, then i'll wait.

Lamp0

If those 17 minutes of BF4 gameplay don't leave you speechless I don't know what will.

Sure, technically it looks great, but that's completely out balanced by it retaining the same old bombastic cinematic spectacle that military shooters have been doing for the past few years now.

The actual gameplay shows nothing remarkable in the slightest.

I mean, seriously are people just locking themselves into a corner & not excepting anything that isn't this particular thing? This badass military deal?

It's the same tiring dramatic nonsense paired with remedial gameplay.

• Like 6
HellboundIRL

It looks like more of the same to me. I don't think it looks all that different to Battlefield 3 either, the campaign in that looked as good.

I'm really sick of the over the top modern shooters, it's been done to death now.

WildWayz

It looks like more of the same to me. I don't think it looks all that different to Battlefield 3 either, the campaign in that looked as good.

I'm really sick of the over the top modern shooters, it's been done to death now.

I agree. Sure, looks pretty - but it is going to run like **** on about 99% of people's systems!

Heck, I have an Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz, Radeon HD 7850 XFX DD 2GB Black Edition and 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM and BF3 struggles still at 1920x1080 res.

Personally, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider got it right for me - loved both of the stories and how they played. Games like BFx, MWx just regurgitate the same macho American army dude scenario time and time again. HUUURAAAAY we are hardcore elite squad who kick everything in the nuts then frag out!

Just gets a bit boring after a while.

djdanster

Jesus freakin Christ!!!! Is all I can say! Looks hands down to be the best game of the year/all time! :woot:

McKay

I agree. Sure, looks pretty - but it is going to run like **** on about 99% of people's systems!

Heck, I have an Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz, Radeon HD 7850 XFX DD 2GB Black Edition and 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM and BF3 struggles still at 1920x1080 res.

Wow really? I have an i7 3770 3.4 Ghz, Radeon HD 7770 Ghz Edition 2GB and 6GB of RAM, BF3 runs at around 50FPS on high. It sits around 30FPS on Ultra but sometimes dips to 25 in high action moments to I play on high.

I may have to play BF4 at Medium.

Dreamspell

Apparently they have been able to optimize the engine much more with the new Frostbite 3 engine, so hopefully the game might run better than BF3.

When we built this engine, I think we already felt when we did Battlefield 3 with Frostbite 2 that it was kind of a power horse. It had enormous potential. We talked then about next-generation technology on the current generation of platforms, and I still have that feeling that we've done so many tech improvements in that engine that are, in many ways, just making things look more beautiful for a cheaper cost.

Source

madd-hatter

Visually, it's on par with my expectations.

I don't care for these FPS campaigns though. They are false, insensitive, and corrupting the minds of the impressionable youth, much like most of today's action movies.

Multiplayer can be a respectable form of competition. I would prefer that they invest all of their resources and man-hours into it.

But whatever, EA is behind it, and all they want is to go toe-to-toe with CoD. Greedy f***ing b******.

dead.cell

So what's the excuse to how my Phenom II X4, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX runs the game just fine @ 1680x1050?

This is the problem with PC gaming; some people act like you need a god box. No, I bought my machine for roughly $400-500, and I play Battlefield 3 just fine on decent enough settings that still blows current generation console graphics out of the water. All I can suggest is to try to tweak something because to me, that just doesn't sound right that I'm having such an amazing time with the game while yours is somehow "incapable"... Not every game needs to be supped up to high.

Sorry if I sound annoyed, it's just that I personally love Battlefield 3 because it looks amazing and isn't a miserable experience, compared to other games that choke even on low settings due to poor optimization.

But whatever, EA is behind it, and all they want is to go toe-to-toe with CoD. Greedy f***ing b******.

I don't care for EA either but... they're releasing a sequel 2 years after Battlefield 3, not a sequel every year like CoD. Their DLC also doesn't blow ass compared to what Activision and [Treyarch/Infinity Ward] offer.

madd-hatter

I don't care for EA either but... they're releasing a sequel 2 years after Battlefield 3, not a sequel every year like CoD. Their DLC also doesn't blow ass compared to what Activision and [Treyarch/Infinity Ward] offer.

Not really. They do it annually as well. They just rotate between BF and Medal of Honor.

+LostCat

It'll probably get weird with whatever Respawn Entertainment announces.

madd-hatter

It'll probably get weird with whatever Respawn Entertainment announces.

I'd say that they are a minimum of a year and a half from releasing a title, if not more, or much more.

WildWayz

So what's the excuse to how my Phenom II X4, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX runs the game just fine @ 1680x1050?

This is the problem with PC gaming; some people act like you need a god box. No, I bought my machine for roughly $400-500, and I play Battlefield 3 just fine on decent enough settings that still blows current generation console graphics out of the water. All I can suggest is to try to tweak something because to me, that just doesn't sound right that I'm having such an amazing time with the game while yours is somehow "incapable"... Not every game needs to be supped up to high.

Sorry if I sound annoyed, it's just that I personally love Battlefield 3 because it looks amazing and isn't a miserable experience, compared to other games that choke even on low settings due to poor optimization.

I think my point is, that yes I can turn down the graphics to medium or whatever, but a 2 year old game on new hardware (ok. not a super hot gfx card) it should be able to play on Ultra with a high fps.

I guess at the res I run it at, on the settings I have it set to - I was expecting more... and if BF4 is going to be more intensive then it is just crapping over everything else. Tomb Raider looks great and runs beautifully with all settings maxed out. I know, different engines but I really feel that a lot of these engines aren't optimised enough and are sloppily coded.

madd-hatter

I think my point is, that yes I can turn down the graphics to medium or whatever, but a 2 year old game on new hardware (ok. not a super hot gfx card) it should be able to play on Ultra with a high fps.

I guess at the res I run it at, on the settings I have it set to - I was expecting more... and if BF4 is going to be more intensive then it is just crapping over everything else. Tomb Raider looks great and runs beautifully with all settings maxed out. I know, different engines but I really feel that a lot of these engines aren't optimised enough and are sloppily coded.

My machine just turned 3 and I run it on ultra all, 1080, 40+ fps, no oc

mobo: http://www.amazon.co...77348245&sr=8-1

gpu: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102889

cpu: http://www.amazon.co...=A2KO89YV2VWO37

ram: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145286

Got3n

I see the need for dual Titan cards

I see the need for dual Titan cards

• Like 2
JTA

They should bring back the zip line from BF2:Special Forces.....and hopefully be not as glitchy as BF3. I can't wait for everyone to scream when they announce Premium for BF4 :laugh:

remixedcat

If those 17 minutes of BF4 gameplay don't leave you speechless I don't know what will.

I was not left speechless. Wait... mabye I was,,, as to the sorry state games are lately. I get more out of watching LPers derping it up in a lot of FPS games lately then actually playing them myself.

mabye MP is better... who knows.... but I don't see dropping full retail on this .

• Like 1
ManMountain

Hopefully some multiplayer videos will appear followed by beta gaming fun, looking forward to it :)

• Like 1
TheLegendOfMart

Ouch, the trailer and demo at GDC ran on AMD 7990 GPU.

amdmaltafront_480.jpg

Which is basically two 7970 GHz edition GPUs on one card. My 7850 am cry, would it be worth getting another 7850 for crossfire?

There is a MP trailer coming on the 30th apparently so says one of the staff on twitter.

sillypic

Seriously?

You could find the most tenuous links between almost any forms of media these days if you cherry pick the moments. Omg they shoot a gun, that is totally a copy of Call of Duty, grow up.

• Like 3
Luc2k

Just watched the reveal. The graphics are indeed impressive, but other than that it's just typical spunkgargleweewee (or modern military shooter for those not familiar with zero punctuation).