google

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 OP +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,019 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:05

HawkMan and I have already told you what they gain; good publicity.

God forbid a company doesnt do something for good PR while doing something good in the processes. I guess that all the work MS is doing on patent reform is just garbage and all for PR as well to then. Thanks for explaining that to me. Anything a company does good is just for PR. Got it.

And thats all I have to say. Lots of hate/assumption. Moving on.

#32 Roxkis

Roxkis

Neowinian

• 197 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:13

It's a lot of dirt being thrown at google in this thread but not a lot (or any) evidence to back that up.

I think this is awesome what google is doing. I'm sure it's no perfect company but at least it seems google is trying to do some good.

#33 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:17

It's a lot of dirt being thrown at google in this thread but not a lot (or any) evidence to back that up.

Isn't that the way fanboys operate?

#34 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,953 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:48

God forbid a company doesnt do something for good PR while doing something good in the processes. I guess that all the work MS is doing on patent reform is just garbage and all for PR as well to then. Thanks for explaining that to me. Anything a company does good is just for PR. Got it.

And thats all I have to say. Lots of hate/assumption. Moving on.

If they actually wanted to do something except release a bunch of worthless patents, they could have joined the program MS already has running and has been running for a long time.

#35 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,733 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:50

You made a similar comment in your first post to this thread.

Stay on topic please or else I will request this topic to be closed. This is not about Google and what they do with their websites. This is about their patents.

Thank You

What? I even quoted the relevant part of OP. They are doing this in the name of openness but in reality they only make their products work in Chrome. How is that off topic?

#36 ShadowMajestic

ShadowMajestic

Neowinian Senior

• 5,843 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:16

If they actually wanted to do something except release a bunch of worthless patents, they could have joined the program MS already has running and has been running for a long time.

Google playing together with Microsoft? Haha never. Which is sad though.

Nice gesture Google, now lets hope you make it meaningful :)