Photo

How to lock your mouse inside a game on a dual monitor setup.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,463 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 July 2013 - 22:15

I noticed this happening when the Windows 8 Preview came out last year and even after putting the full version on with my dual monitor setup. Mouse just leaves my game of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion when I scroll around the edge. Thanks for this warwagon!

#17 Dukath

Dukath

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:34

I signed up for an account on the forums here, just to say thank you for this suggestion.

I've run multiple displays for years, and every once in a while I come across a game that (for whatever reason) I see this problem with.

This suggestion worked perfectly, and is certainly worth taking the time to register for a forum account to say Thanks!

#18 Crossie

Crossie

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 13:12

This tool is awesome, I recently reinstaled GTA 4 and had those issues.

Registered to forum just to say thanks.

So yeah thanks man! :D

#19 fsm123

fsm123

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:07

Just wanted to thank the OP.

I don't use this for games, but for my desktop.  I was having such a hard time finding the sweet spot to activate charms, etc. on my center monitor in my 3 monitor setup.  This tool allows me to make the cursor "sticky", making it much easier. 

This is the kind of thing that should be built into Windows 8.

Thanks again!

#20 boocowgrrl

boocowgrrl

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 14:35

Thank very much, kind sir. Now I can play Skyrim on one monitor while watching & chatting on Twitch on another. Much appreciated :-)

#21 Andrew Evenstar

Andrew Evenstar

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:35

I also registered just to say thank you! this was preventing me from playing FO3 the way I liked. Thanks so much!

I registered just to say thanks for this recommendation.

This is necessary not only for running borderless windowed mode with multiple displays, but also for disabling mouse scrolling (which the currently most popular game in the world does not allow) in favor of keyboard scrolling.

Btw I know many gamers who are using underdeveloped open source overlay software that functions ONLY when fullscreen mode is disabled.

@replies saying OP's contribution is useless....you really must be sooo bored with your lives to be finding time and reasons for such "critique". I'm glad I'm not you haha

#22 Jase

Jase

It's like..Kablammo!

• 9,844 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:52

Checking this out now! thanks for the tutorial!

Do you think it's possible to also mirror the mouse?

#23 jenovaswitness37

jenovaswitness37

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:30

I went through a lot of ###### to give you props. But you deserve it good sir. Exactly what I was looking for. Good lookin out!

#24 Kala the Fox

Kala the Fox

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:23

I just signed up, just to say thank you. I looked at snakebite's mouse lock, and I didn't like it. This is simplicity at it's best. it does what you want,. and leaves itself open to do more should you choose. Thank you!

Cheers.

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,984 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 March 2014 - 23:13

Just for the heck of it I decided to try this with Glactic Starfighter for SWTOR... yeah, as soon as SWTOR is activated as the active program any mouse locking is disabled so it only annoyingly locks the mouse outisde the game if I click somethign when it goes to the other screen...

#26 Turnstile

Turnstile

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:51

You just saved my ass in counter-strike. i looked this up in the middle of a match because someone was on my left flank rushing me and I slid my mouse as hard as I could to get the kill, my mouse goes off screen and I click... I get taken out of the game, ultimately killing myself.

it doesnt happen often but if i had to show someone the problem i could repeat it on my first try. the game doesnt have enough gravity to keep my mouse inside the 1920x1080 frame

never again.

btw made an account because there was too much hate in the top comments saying this app is "outdated" or "no recent games have this problem" I just had to say, thanks for the post.

#27 EyEvil

EyEvil

I let the dogs out!

• 287 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:26

Thx for this. Now I would like an app to keep the mouse trapped/locked in a Window when I play a game in Windowed mode  :)