Boston Bombing Suspects - MIT Shooting - Manhunt

and what if you have corrupt judges?... a jury is suppose to protect against that... problem is, either way you will have issues

difference is that a judge if he's corrupt will easily be detected and removed. a jury makes sentences base don emotions not facts and law. you also have a panel of 5+ judges so you'd need 3 corrupt judges at the same time.

seems jury's are a far bigger problem.

https://www.youtube....h?v=t4OLZjJwrmU Oh look what I found lol!

ugh... no, just no. it's also edited and not how it was in the actual episode.

difference is that a judge if he's corrupt will easily be detected and removed. a jury makes sentences base don emotions not facts and law. you also have a panel of 5+ judges so you'd need 3 corrupt judges at the same time.

ugh... no, just no. it's also edited and not how it was in the actual episode.

I know it was but i also said most scenes were in the same ep mate ;)

I know it was but i also said most scenes were in the same ep mate ;)

So? With editing I could make almost anything predict the Boston bombings.

In the US, Juries only decide guilt or innocence, and I think may also recommend a lesser or stronger charge, ultimately the sentencing is decided and performed by the judge when found guilty, a jury cant really decide anything on basis of law because they are not lawyers or judges who actually know law.

Incorrect. Per a US Supreme Court decision a few years ago only a jury can apply the death penalty, not a judge. They do two deliberations; the guilt phase, followed by the penalty phase. After this the judge affirms it and signs the order, but it isn't his decision.

• Like 1

Boston Marathon bombings: Police take three into custody

Boston police have taken into custody three additional suspects in the 15 April bombing of the Boston Marathon.

The police department has released no further details of the suspects' identity or alleged role in the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22370695

There was also the female DNA on their third pressure cooker bomb.

So much for the lone wolf +one theory.

IMO the Russians had it right from the start in 2010 and our govts. defocussing away from the Patriot Acts inter-agency communications reforms** caused a massive dropped ball.

** CIA didn't talk to FBI didn't talk to Boston PD didn't talk to NYPD (their next target), etc.

IMO the Russians had it right from the start in 2010 and our govts. defocussing away from the Patriot Acts inter-agency communications reforms** caused a massive dropped ball.

** CIA didn't talk to FBI didn't talk to Boston PD didn't talk to NYPD (their next target), etc.

we don't have any proof on that yet, these could just be "friends" that where trying to protect their friend... that happens a lot in protective groups...

and who knows where the female DNA came from, it could of came from the scene for all we know, or when it was assembled in a factory...

I think the Russians really dropped the ball by not telling us enough information.. just saying look out for them doesn't say why or give a reason to... but them being the Russians do want to protect their surveillance methods also just like we do

Yes, they should have arrested him for pre-crimes. :rolleyes:

How do I downvote this into oblivion?

I can't imagine anyone but the bomber would have touched the pressure cooker between it's being manufactured in (probably china), being boxed, shipped, arriving in a store and being sold (possibly not even to these butt monkeys).

How do I downvote this into oblivion?

I can't imagine anyone but the bomber would have touched the pressure cooker between it's being manufactured in (probably china), being boxed, shipped, arriving in a store and being sold (possibly not even to these butt monkeys).

There could be DNA from the scene, the device was kinda right there, blood can fly, who knows what happened at that moment exactly

There could be DNA from the scene, the device was kinda right there, blood can fly, who knows what happened at that moment exactly

This pressure cooker isn't from the primary crime scenes but is the one that was tossed from their car at pursuing cops.

Also, try watching How It's Made sometime. Very informative. Before pressure cookers are shipped they're thoroughly washed to remove manufacturing lubricants, release agents etc., then it's bagged before boxing (personal knowledge - wife has like 5-6.) Workers wear gloves throughout the process, much of which is robotic anyhow. No prints, no trace DNA from handling.

So, unless this one has signs of being used for cooking, Occam's Razor says it was most likey purchased and used only by the bomb makers. If one was female we have an incomplete story.

This pressure cooker isn't from the primary crime scenes but is the one that was tossed from their car at pursuing cops.

Also, try watching How It's Made sometime. Very informative. Before pressure cookers are shipped they're thoroughly washed to remove manufacturing lubricants, release agents etc., then it's bagged before boxing (personal knowledge - wife has like 5-6.) Workers wear gloves throughout the process, much of which is robotic anyhow. No prints, no trace DNA from handling.

So, unless this one has signs of being used for cooking, Occam's Razor says it was most likey purchased and used only by the bomb makers. If one was female we have an incomplete story.

All pressure cookers are bought new and have no prints or DNA anywhere on them, conspiracy theory step one.. check.

hahahahahahahaha ,oh god im dying here.

Die all you want. Good for the species ;)

If no prints are on it at package opening, and it was not used for cooking, the logical inference is that it was obtained for the purpose and only the bomb makers handled it. We only have two male attackers in custody or dead. Female DNA on it indicates an incomplete picture of events.

I just read that he could potentially avoid the Death Penalty, and forgive me if I am wrong as I am not an American (I Approve of the Death Penalty for crimes like this anyway so I am not against it) but as Boston is in Massachusetts and Massachusetts doesn't have the Death Penalty how can he "avoid" it if he can't even be executed in the first place. Like I said I am not American so forgive my Ignorance but I want to know how they could execute him considering the state doesn't have the Death Penalty?

Because he is being charged under both state and federal laws, and the federal charges can carry the death penalty regardless of state law.

For example; someone could be charged with murder under the state law, but iif it was committed with a weapon of mass destruction (in federal law, a bomb, chemical or biological) an additional federal terrorism charge could result in the death penalty. Commit murder on federal property (buildings, parks, in federal jurisdictions stc.) and the feds can also take over and charge murder under federal law.

Now as to avoiding it - if a perp pleads guilty death is off the table as it can only be applied by a jury, and one is not involved in guilty pleas. The judge just sentences prison by the sentencing guidelines. Sometimes this is by arrangemdnt with prosecuting attorney in exchange for either a term less than life or for assignment to a prison closer to relatives, not in a SuperMax etc.

Because he is being charged under both state and federal laws, and the federal charges can carry the death penalty regardless of state law.

For example; someone could be charged with murder under the state law, but iif it was committed with a weapon of mass destruction (in federal law, a bomb, chemical or biological) an additional federal terrorism charge could result in the death penalty. Commit murder on federal property (buildings, parks, in federal jurisdictions stc.) and the feds can also take over and charge murder under federal law.

Now as to avoiding it - if a perp pleads guilty death is off the table as it can only be applied by a jury, and one is not involved in guilty pleas. The judge just sentences prison by the sentencing guidelines. Sometimes this is by arrangemdnt with prosecuting attorney in exchange for either a term less than life or for assignment to a prison closer to relatives, not in a SuperMax etc.

Ah right so essentially if the Feds are prosecuting you can get the death penalty no matter where it was committed?. And he could also avoid it if he pleads guilty, Gotcha.

Ah right so essentially if the Feds are prosecuting you can get the death penalty no matter where it was committed?. And he could also avoid it if he pleads guilty, Gotcha.

Yup, it's called dual jurisdiction. Now figure in that there 53 jurisdictions that can prosecute murder; each of the the 50 states, the federal govt, the military and Washington DC via the DC Superior Court.