Rayman Legends Challenges free on Wii U this week

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 22:22

Though Wii U owners may still be steamed about the big Rayman Legends delay, Ubisoft's hoping to make up for it on April 25 with the exclusive eShop release of Rayman Legends Challenges -- a free series of levels for Nintendo's lil' system.

Four modes, including the Wii U-only Dragon Mode, will be playable, offering weekly challenges as well as the opportunity to race against a friend's ghost data.

Rayman Legends is coming to Wii U, as well as Xbox 360 and PS3, in September. Will the Challenges keep y'all satisfied until then?

Source

#2 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:34

Well maybe I will dust off the WiiU again.

#3 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:46

Well maybe I will dust off the WiiU again.

I still need to buy a WiiU :( I wish you could play GC games on it..

#4 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 13:05

I still need to buy a WiiU :( I wish you could play GC games on it..

I'd advise holding off on that purchase. I don't intend on picking up a Wii U until the first hardware revision. By that time one would hope there are ore worthwhile titles.

Plus, since i never owned a wii and the Wii U is BC I can play all those old games.

#5 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

Posted 23 April 2013 - 13:12

I'd advise holding off on that purchase. I don't intend on picking up a Wii U until the first hardware revision. By that time one would hope there are ore worthwhile titles.

Plus, since i never owned a wii and the Wii U is BC I can play all those old games.

Hardware revision?? I like the sound of that ;)

I am not in a huge hurry but seeing DirtyLarry get excited about all the new updates makes me excited lol

#6 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 13:24

I think the current Wii U design is as ugly as sin (besides the stupid name). I hope they come up with a better design for the next hardware release.

If you want a Nintendo fix, and you don't already own one, I would suggest picking up a 3DS. It looks like Ninty have been busy little bees getting some new content for the 3DS. Mario and Luigi Dream team, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, a new Legend of Zelda game which is like a prequel to A link to the past, not a 3D remake. Looking good for 3DS owners.

I wish Vita owners had as much cool **** to look forward to.

#7 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

Posted 23 April 2013 - 13:27

I think the current Wii U design is as ugly as sin (besides the stupid name). I hope they come up with a better design for the next hardware release.

If you want a Nintendo fix, and you don't already own one, I would suggest picking up a 3DS. It looks like Ninty have been busy little bees getting some new content for the 3DS. Mario and Luigi Dream team, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, a new Legend of Zelda game which is like a prequel to A link to the past, not a 3D remake. Looking good for 3DS owners.

Oh, I had an 3DS and sold it... to by a 3DS XL :) I love my 3DS XL.. best.console.ever. lol I can't wait for DK Country to come out

#8 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:47

Oh, I had an 3DS and sold it... to by a 3DS XL :) I love my 3DS XL.. best.console.ever. lol I can't wait for DK Country to come out

heh, I did the same thing. XL is a huge improvement over the 3DS.

#9 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:51

heh, I did the same thing. XL is a huge improvement over the 3DS.

:) yep. My hands didn't fit the 3ds all that well

#10 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 23 April 2013 - 18:57

Yea, this year is fantastic for the 3ds. Hopefully they'll pull out some great stuff for the wii u at e3.

#11 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 23 April 2013 - 22:21

Went to go download it just now, only to then realize it does not come out for a few more days. Do love me some Rayman, and it was (at the time) instrumental in why I even decided to pick up a WiiU, since it was once an exclusive.

Actually hoping this eventually makes it way to the Vita like Origins did. Blast to play on the go.

#12 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 22:31

Went to go download it just now, only to then realize it does not come out for a few more days. Do love me some Rayman, and it was (at the time) instrumental in why I even decided to pick up a WiiU, since it was once an exclusive.

Actually hoping this eventually makes it way to the Vita like Origins did. Blast to play on the go.

A lot of people were none too pleased about it going multiplat. It wasn't a good look for Ninty to lose an exclusive which people bought the system for and then the release date got pushed back until Spet. this year.

I have Rayman on Vita. It is the second game I bought. It looks amazing on that OLED screen.

#13 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 28 April 2013 - 19:42

Today's daily challenge is pretty awesome. I'm interested too see how they're going to translate levels and challenges likes that over the the PS3 & 360. It almost seems like it's not possible, without totally destroying the fun of the levels. (And I actually prefer these levels to the standard running & jumping levels I've played so far)

#14 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 30 April 2013 - 15:11

Yeah, this has literally pretty much made the WiiU an awesome purchase, which was not kidding one of the main reasons I decided to get the WiiU, besides the obvious exclusives, was because initially this game was going to be an exclusive. But I just enjoy the platforming and visual style of Rayman a whole, whole lot, and it has been kick ass to fire it up every day and have a new challenge, and they are pretty damn challenging at that. I think I have gotten 2 bronzes, 1 silver, and 1 Gold so far. Just have really enjoyed it, but I do wonder how they are going to keep it fresh, as I already feel like 2 challenges have been very similar to each other. Either way really dig it for sure.

#15 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 01 May 2013 - 14:11

Yeah, this has literally pretty much made the WiiU an awesome purchase, which was not kidding one of the main reasons I decided to get the WiiU, besides the obvious exclusives, was because initially this game was going to be an exclusive. But I just enjoy the platforming and visual style of Rayman a whole, whole lot, and it has been kick ass to fire it up every day and have a new challenge, and they are pretty damn challenging at that. I think I have gotten 2 bronzes, 1 silver, and 1 Gold so far. Just have really enjoyed it, but I do wonder how they are going to keep it fresh, as I already feel like 2 challenges have been very similar to each other. Either way really dig it for sure.

Dare I even ask but do the daily challenges disappear the next day? I havent had a chance to check this out and I hope that I am not going to miss out on anything...