• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,810 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 08 May 2013 - 22:41

Park + dog = instant conversation starter. (Y)

Now I just need a dog.

Even better if you bring a cat, because that stands out even more and everyone loves cats.

#92 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,456 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:15

er, what? My father left when I was a kid, so that automatically makes me a bad person and partner? How very rude. :no:

Anyway, OP, check the replies here, especially from Astra.Xtreme and DirtyLarry. They had very good and thorough answers that I agree with. :) Most of all just remember that women are people too, not just pretty things for you to sleep with (lol). Think of each person you meet as another individual just like you, with hopes and fears and uncertainties and quirks and goals and etc. Will make the whole experience more rewarding.

thanks for your little piece of anectdotal evidence but statistics don't lie. Children raised without their father are at significant risk of manner of social and emotional problems. Did you know that the incarceration rate disparity between whites and blacks in america disappear when you control for inmates raised in single parent households? Just because you turned out alright doesn't mean that I or any other guy wants to wade through oceans of emotionally disturbed and unbalanced women that are the daughters of single mothers to get to the few that are like you.

#93 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,206 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 22:56

thanks for your little piece of anectdotal evidence but statistics don't lie. Children raised without their father are at significant risk of manner of social and emotional problems. Did you know that the incarceration rate disparity between whites and blacks in america disappear when you control for inmates raised in single parent households? Just because you turned out alright doesn't mean that I or any other guy wants to wade through oceans of emotionally disturbed and unbalanced women that are the daughters of single mothers to get to the few that are like you.

Does that include those of us with stepfathers??

#94 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,456 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:29

Does that include those of us with stepfathers??

totally not sure. I do know that the problem doesn't plague children whose, typically father, dies

#95 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 16:13

That's odd, because my biological father died and my mom remarried, but I do feel that I have social and emotional problems. If I didn't, I wouldn't have started this thread on a tech forum, lol. My stepfather is decent person, but for some reason, I never felt very comfortable with him as I do with my mom (who is my biological mother). I wonder if this has more to do with my stepfather's personality, but sometimes I wonder if I would've turned out differently had I been raised by my real father.

#96 SirEvan

SirEvan

Neowinian Senior

• 3,397 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 16:28

Would it make me a creep if I went to park with binoculars? Hey, they may come in handy as there are a lot of girls that like to tan there in the summer. :D

Um you are a perv. And I sure as hell hope no woman gives you the time of day. Creeper.

This makes sense to a large degree. My father died when I was in my early teens, and I have a hard time when it comes to social things, and even harder time when it comes to talking to or interacting with women.

#97 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,165 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 16:35

Forget fathers, stepfathers and so on. The argument (if used correctly) is about authoritative male figures. Nothing more, nothing less.

#98 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 22:18

Um you are a perv. And I sure as hell hope no woman gives you the time of day. Creeper.

I was joking.

Forget fathers, stepfathers and so on. The argument (if used correctly) is about authoritative male figures. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, if that's true, then it's going to be a problem when homosexual couples adopt and have kids. They will have either two male figures or two female figures.

#99 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,107 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:59

I was joking.

Well, if that's true, then it's going to be a problem when homosexual couples adopt and have kids. They will have either two male figures or two female figures.

Even homosexuals have the concept of male and female in the relationship.