Last Ship

Solid end to the season, could easily have passed for the end of the series tbh. 

While they've deviated from the book a bit makes me wonder where that finished up vs the show.

Either way bring on Season3. 

For those who feel Rhonda may be becoming the female Sean Bean

Hidden Content

How did you manage to get through the book? I normally read everything cover to cover but had to drop it. The long winded internal monologues of the captain were painful. Much easier to watch Eric Dane stare into the distance for a few seconds. Ha! 

• 9 months later...

First two episodes of Season 3 were pretty decent. Quite shocked that the doctor actually died at the end of season 2. Hopefully Tex makes an appearance soon.

5 minutes ago, .Rob said:

First two episodes of Season 3 were pretty decent. Quite shocked that the doctor actually died at the end of season 2. Hopefully Tex makes an appearance soon.

I agree I quite enjoyed Season 3 episode 1 and 2. It does suck that the doctor died. :(

I thought this got postponed until the 19th because of Orlando, how'd you two see it? Maybe a mod could spoiler tag the above comments.

On 6/17/2016 at 5:32 PM, Zathras5 said:

I thought this got postponed until the 19th because of Orlando, how'd you two see it? Maybe a mod could spoiler tag the above comments.

No idea, both episodes were available from usual sources on Monday morning last week as if they had aired on schedule.

I guess the reason for episodes being postponed, would be there there was a segment in one of the episodes 

Spoiler

where some of the crew were attacked/killed/kidnapped in a nightclub in Vietnam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Episode 7 was great.

Spoiler

Kind of glad the President killed himself, always hated his character as he is such a ###### and unlikeable because he is undecisive. Got to say that I despise that journalist though.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, .Rob said:

Has everyone given up on this show or something?

I think Tex is going to make an appearance in the next episode!!

This is one of my favourite mid-seasons shows. 
I thought it would suck without the hottie Rhona Mita (Dr Rachel Scott) but its been fantastic. The backstabbing and how Chandler remains calm and collected during it all, amazing stuff. 

I have totally lost interest on this show,  I'm giving it just a few more episodes to see how it goes but I might quit,  it's the apocalypse and they are sending and receiving HD broadcasts and communications,  come on!  Give me a break,  too much silliness,  also they all look so well groomed etc. 

I don't know, there not really sending/receiving much and what they are sending is being done via satellite.

It's not like the walking dead where the country is done and has fell a part.

Most things are still operational. It's not really the apocalypse either, people got sick a cure was found, they are now rebuilding. The time frame has been close together, it wasn't as if the ship was at see for 5 - 10 years trying to find a cure. If that was the case everyone would be dead.

They where gone long enough for some systems to fail, but the infrastructure of the world wasn't really damaged. They still have power etc.

I really enjoy the show, its easy watching. the last episode was great, can't wait to see what happens next

So good to see Tex back. Really enjoyed that episode.

Does anyone know if they plan to wrap up the show this year or do a fourth season?

Edit:

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoy this season.

Good to see Tex back, and good to read that the show has been signed up for season 4 and 5.

http://tvline.com/2016/09/08/the-last-ship-renewed-season-4-and-season-5/

Spoiler

Sad to see what happened to Tex, not surprised as I have seen him in other shows. He was in Suits for a while. So was surprised he even made it back for season 3

Not to sure I enjoyed the final episode as much as the others. All seemed a bit of an anti climax.

With nearly every episode this season I have been busting to see the next ep, with the season finale i'm not busting to see season 4. 

Season 3 was probably one of the best so far, interesting to see where they take season 4.

I just finished all the episodes of this show and I must say I really love it. It's been quite a while since a tv show got me on the edge of my seat like this one did. Now I'm frustrated because I have to wait so much till the next season... In some way, this show reminds me of SG-1, but much darker and real. Again, I love it. :wub:

Started watching this.  Just ended season 2.  Good show so far.  The ending of Season 2 sucked tho.  I liked the Dr.  Read there is speculation on whether or not she is dead considering they did not show she died.  But I have not started season 3 yet so no spoilers!!  :p

• 10 months later...

I had to quit watching this,  episode 1 of this season was the last chance I gave it, too generic and predictable, bad acting, plus all the unrealistic situations, couldn't take it anymore, stopped on the first 15 minutes.