Teen Titans Pilot, Featuring Nightwing, Nearing Order at TNT

toZu6Hh.jpg

Teenagers these days ? all they want to do is save the world.

According to multiple reports, DC Comics is nearing a deal with TNT for a drama pilot based on the Teen Titans, a group of young superheroes led by Dick Grayson, who makes the leap from sidekick Robin to full-fledged hero Nightwing.

Nightwing?s motley crew also includes the likes of Starfire and Raven. The Titans appeared in their own Cartoon Network animated series from 2003 to 2006, and can now be seen on the network?s far-less-serious Teen Titans Go!

The pilot is reportedly written by Akiva Goldsman and Marc Haimes. Goldsman would also serve as executive producer, with Haimes as co-EP.

But who will play the Titans, should the pilot get the green light? The Vampire Diaries star Steven R. McQueen has made it no secret that he?s dying to suit up as Nightwing, posting tons of pictures of his favorite crimefighter, but his character is very much alive and well on the supernatural CW drama, now heading into its sixth season.

Source

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

TNT's Teen "Titans" Adaptation Still Moving

"I sat down with Akiva and said - and he ultimately agreed - that the [TV] landscape right now is well-serviced on the superhero front. So what space is this going to inhabit? And really what he wants to do is be very true (to the source material).

There were consequences to things that happened; it wasn't somebody died and they moved on. There was the first superhero to be an addict [in Roy Harper's Speedy]. It's a coming-of-age story for Robin, who feels like Batman has betrayed him. I think it's going to end up being a very, very interesting offering. I think it's going to be excellent."