Photo
thinkpad x1

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 2,263 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:41

I thought this was a pretty cool comparison to have come from Lenovo (reminiscent of the "Hi, I'm a Mac" "and I'm a PC" days, and more recently, the Samsung and Microsoft ads)...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sources:
http://shop.lenovo.c...72&esrc=DACSHIP
http://winsupersite....x1-carbon-touch

But still, only two USB ports... :(

#2 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• 8,831 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:09

How come these laptops still have the nipple? I mean touchpads are sooooooooo much better in every sense of the word, I just find it weird how they still have them here and there.

#3 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 10,042 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:15

How come these laptops still have the nipple? I mean touchpads are sooooooooo much better in every sense of the word, I just find it weird how they still have them here and there.

If it feels wrong to finger the nipple, you can always just avoid it.

With the touch screen bundled in there, these things have plenty of input methods for getting around.

#4 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

• 4,789 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:24

nice i hope doesn't get sue happy here

#5 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• 6,292 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:34

Simple, choice. That looks like a nice laptop and I hate to say it, but the MacBook Air looks far more elegant and the Lenovo looks abit rough. Not to mention the MacBook will still kill it in sales despite being "inferior" due to people being more interested in having a coveted Apple product then actually having something that can take a pounding and last the distance. If Lenovo could make it looks as elegant as a MacBook (and not get sued doing it) people might start taking notice (computers/phones are fashion accessories these days, nobody really cares if it's actually good just that looks good and the usual "badge snobbery"). That is my opinion anyway, take with a grain of salt.

#6 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 441 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:40

But the million $ question is: Does the Lenovo run OSX natively? Guess not. Thats why people will still buy the Air.

#7 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• 12,794 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:33

The "other things made from" is a little unfair. There's been all of one airplane that uses carbon and they put that down, ignoring every other airplane ever built using aluminum, but all Apple gets is a soda can...

But the million $ question is: Does the Lenovo run OSX natively? Guess not. Thats why people will still buy the Air.

hahahaha as if a significant portion of people actually buy it for OSX as compared to for the brand.

#8 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,394 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:43

That's a pretty nice laptop, but the price came out a little higher than the McBook Air when I configured it.

#9 OP 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 2,263 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:49

I'm still a fan of them; they mean no having to swipe back and forth when dragging things around.

#10 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,430 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:51

I dont use them, but wouldnt be a thinkpad without the red....nipple.

#11 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

Looking for a job in Lisbon

• 12,231 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:27

How come these laptops still have the nipple?

You haven't fondled enough nipples.

Nipples are awesome.

#12 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,653 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:43

Why are the battery test results based on Windows 7 when the images show Windows 8?

EDIT: According to the commenters on Winsupersite the default config comes with Win 7 with Win 8 as an option.

Trackpads are fine for general mousing but, personally, I prefer a trackpoint for more detailed, pixel-perfect work. Trackpoints are just more accurate.

OSX is clearly only important to a tiny proportion of the market.

#13 ingramator

ingramator

Hacker

• 1,819 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920, iPhone 5, GS3

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:12

Trackpoint is the best, I hated touch pads when they came out, especially the really small and rough ones. Anyhow this looks like a damn fine laptop- leagues ahead of the inferior MB air.

#14 medhunter

medhunter

Muslim Emergency physician

• 506 posts
  • OS: Win 7 SP1 Home Premium , Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Xubuntu 13.04
  • Phone: Sony Sola

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:22

Is the screen detachable?

#15 Evolution

Evolution

Neowinian Senior

• 4,559 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:33

The "other things made from" is a little unfair. There's been all of one airplane that uses carbon and they put that down, ignoring every other airplane ever built using aluminum, but all Apple gets is a soda can...

hahahaha as if a significant portion of people actually buy it for OSX as compared to for the brand.

There's also the added benefits that an aluminum casing could act as a giant heat sink, whereas the epoxy wouldn't be nearly as effective.