• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 23 May 2013 - 17:53

New cellphone records evidence were released that portrays Trayvon Martin considerably different than how he was portrayed by the media. The records show Trayvon Martin holding a gun, a photo of a marijuana plant and of him blowing smoke. The cell phone records also show Martin immersed in talking about guns and smoking weed also.

http://www.orlandose...,0,939183.story
http://miami.cbsloca...n-photos-texts/

The first link has the photos and the second link has links to the cellphone text records.

#2 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 17:56

So, he's like 90% of other people in Florida? :laugh:

#3 OP Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:16

So, he's like 90% of other people in Florida? :laugh:

The new cellphone evidence shows character. From objectively looking at the text and photos does not give an immediate impression of an upstanding person. We will have to let the court decide whether Zimmerman is innocent or not though.

#4 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:39

The new cellphone evidence shows character. From objectively looking at the text and photos does not give an immediate impression of an upstanding person. We will have to let the court decide whether Zimmerman is innocent or not though.

Guns are legal everywhere, marijuana is legal lots of places. As I said, if he's not an upstanding person, the majority of Americans aren't.

#5 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:44

So we are only portraying guns as bad when they are being held by a black person now? How does this stereotyping thing work agian?
If holding a gun is a sign of "bad character"... I think we need to address this to all those who hold guns. And of course, then answer the question, Who is more bad for holding a gun, Trayvon or Zimmerman?
See how stupid it is when I use your arguement and evidence. Let's not go down this route.

#6 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:51

As I said, if he's not an upstanding person, the majority of Americans aren't.

I beg to differ. Most Americans are nice, upstanding people.

As for this, it's about what I expected. The media had him painted as a saint.

#7 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:53

Was he the 2nd coming of hitler? Or was he just most likely, an average kid in america.... Lets not act like he deserved to die.

#8 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,885 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:00

By why does it matters how the media painted him? It's not revelant to the case at all imo.

Personally i don't consider holding a gun or smoking as a really bad habit unless it becomes an obsession/addiction.

#9 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,322 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:02

Guns are legal everywhere, marijuana is legal lots of places. As I said, if he's not an upstanding person, the majority of Americans aren't.

Guns are legal if you have a license for them. Most places its illegal to carry it on you outside the home unless you have a carry permit.

#10 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:07

Was he the 2nd coming of hitler? Or was he just most likely, an average kid in america.... Lets not act like he deserved to die.

Oh, I have no idea if he was innocent or guilty. Wasn't saying that at all. He just wasn't the martyred saint type person the media tried to portray him as. And he didn't deserve to die regardless.

#11 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:07

Guns are legal if you have a license for them. Most places its illegal to carry it on you outside the home unless you have a carry permit.

Don't need a permit to own a gun, only to publicly carry. Zimmerman illegally carried his gun. You guys are making this easy.

#12 OP Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:10

So we are only portraying guns as bad when they are being held by a black person now? How does this stereotyping thing work agian?
If holding a gun is a sign of "bad character"... I think we need to address this to all those who hold guns. And of course, then answer the question, Who is more bad for holding a gun, Trayvon or Zimmerman?
See how stupid it is when I use your arguement and evidence. Let's not go down this route.

I said objectively looking at the evidence (without prejudice or preconceived ideas). Forget race, a normal person usually would not post pictures of themselves blowing smoke (whatever it was), a marajuana plant and showing a gun with their finger on the trigger.

The media has consistently manipulated viewers throughout this case into having sympathy and feelings for Trayvon and making people view Zimmerman as guilty and as the bad person. It could be the total opposite of what we are all expecting. The court will have to decide on this.

#13 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:13

I said objectively looking at the evidence (without prejudice or preconceived ideas). Forget race, a normal person usually would not post pictures of themselves blowing smoke (whatever it was), a marajuana plant and showing a gun with their finger on the trigger.

The media has consistently manipulated viewers throughout this case into having sympathy and feelings for Trayvon and making people view Zimmerman as guilty and as the bad person. It could be the total opposite of what we are all expecting. The court will have to decide on this.

Actually, you're wrong. Many people have pictures of them smoking or holding or shooting a gun. In fact, one of the members here has a pick of him holding a gun and a small child together....

#14 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:17

I'm pretty sure I could get on Facebook and find a few thousand if not million pictures like that.

#15 OP Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 19:18

Actually, you're wrong. Many people have pictures of them smoking or holding or shooting a gun. In fact, one of the members here has a pick of him holding a gun and a small child together....

It is sad how our country jumps to the conclusion that someone is guilty. In fact, Zimmerman has only been charged with the crime, he has not been found guilty or innocent yet. Many people do not show pictures of them self holding a gun with their finger on the trigger and pot plants, that is not representative of everyone and is just a small minority of people.