It is perfectly alright to have your own faith however, when your faith starts to get in the way of other people running their lives there is a problem. A perfectly good example is a guy in the town I live in, He has a fan that is plastered with Jesus and God propaganda and when he is exercising he holds a sign that says "Jesus died for you". He does not stop to talk to people (unless they stop him) and he does not go around bothering people or handing them pamphlets or anything he just lives his life.

*Sigh* Let's remember that this story is about a man threatening to sue because he believes his freedom of speech was violated. He could have been advocating a banana's right to live for all it matters, take the religious discussions to the Official Religion Thread.

This is why topics related to religion should be posted in that topic. I don't know why they end up out here. More views if you make individual topics, I guess.

I was raised catholic but this is the one thing that ****es me off about this religion. The people who feel it's ok to shove their beliefs down other peoples' throats. It's probably the biggest reason why I don't practice, don't go to church and question virtually everything about it.

I didn't threaten anyone. Just told him based on current evidence of what his future is going to be like.

>based on current evidence of what his future is going to be like

>based on current evidence

>evidence

Sidenote: At least I'm not hashtagging. :)

More sidenote: Are mods at least considering Yogurt a troll? Minor consideration? a thimble?

The fact that you think that is weird is more creepy to me.

Here is a pro-tip, not everyone who watches a school soccer game is interested in doing anything physical with kids.

Yeah, religious authorities have a well established relationship with children. Nothing creepy there /s

But as a christian, we have (special) rights no more. They?re taking all the (special) christian rights away.

Pick your fights carefully lest it bite you in the ass when your children are informed about paganism, islam etc.

You may subscribe to "alternative" history which states that the us is a christian nation but the courts don't.

He's preying on children because it's easier to convince them of his mythology...

>based on current evidence of what his future is going to be like

>based on current evidence

>evidence

Sidenote: At least I'm not hashtagging. :)

More sidenote: Are mods at least considering Yogurt a troll? Minor consideration? a thimble?

Yeah, religious authorities have a well established relationship with children. Nothing creepy there /s

Well, that is happening with teachers as well. I am not Catholic, but I think it's kind of silly that Priests and Nuns can't get married and have families of their own. I think they should also be fine with condoms as well.

I think you are far overrating things though. Most people that watch soccer games or baseball games with children are not going to molest children. The fact that you don't get that says more about the issues that you have than anything else.

I think this guy has a case. he clearly has a right to free speech. the only way the government can prevent him from exercising that is it puts people in harm or he's on some sort of private property that he can be removed from.

This is the issue I have with religion as a whole, I can't believe any one religion entirely. So, I basically pick what I like from as many as I can and decide from that the best way in which I can live my life doing what I think is right. This is why I don't affiliate with any religion because to me they are all wrong and most are right.

I'm a Deist, and that is rational to me. I believe there is something, definitely, but I accept the possibility that I might be wrong on what that something is.

You are correct. ;)

Let me be clear. I am an ATHEIST yes an ATHEIST and regardless of the fact he is approaching CHILDREN in the street, I DONT THINK HE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROMOTE HIS WAY OF LIFE TO OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN PERIOD.

Am I the only one thinks this is ok... Good for him!

http://kingjbible.com/m/matthew/10.htm

Let me be clear. I am an ATHEIST yes an ATHEIST and regardless of the fact he is approaching CHILDREN in the street, I DONT THINK HE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROMOTE HIS WAY OF LIFE TO OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN PERIOD.

Then if he can't niether should you!

Am I the only one thinks this is ok... Good for him!

With a member title "Jesus Saved me! A Christian!" I imagine you're right behind this.

It seems pretty clear cut: he wasn't asked to stop distributing his pamphlets, he was harassing people so he was asked to move on. You have no constitutionally protected right to harass people.

Don't think I've ever seen atheists "proselytizing" in public about their atheism...

^ There were big billboards a couple of years ago, poo-pooing Xmas, paid for by atheists.

post-37120-0-20355100-1369928850.jpg

^ OK, a few billboards I'll grant you. Never seen any standing around actually proselytizing their lack of religious belief, though.

Also, I find it kinda odd that some atheists feel the need to make up a group based on it. The whole point is that it's a LACK of belief in something! Do you see anti-fan club groups anywyere? Hey, how about a group setup specifically to tell everyone that the New York Yankees suck? Silly buggers. :p

Note: I know nothing about the New York Yankees and only chose them as a random example because they're a US sports team who's name I actually know!

Never seen any standing around actually proselytizing their lack of religious belief, though.

Go to most colleges in the USA. Entire organizations exist for that sole purpose.

Do you see anti-fan club groups anywyere? Hey, how about a group setup specifically to tell everyone that the New York Yankees suck? Silly buggers. :p

Yes, here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/100-MILLION-AGAINST-1-MILLION-AGAINST-JUSTIN-BIEBER/257104119314

^ OK, a few billboards I'll grant you. Never seen any standing around actually proselytizing their lack of religious belief, though.

Also, I find it kinda odd that some atheists feel the need to make up a group based on it. The whole point is that it's a LACK of belief in something! Do you see anti-fan club groups anywyere? Hey, how about a group setup specifically to tell everyone that the New York Yankees suck? Silly buggers. :p

Note: I know nothing about the New York Yankees and only chose them as a random example because they're a US sports team who's name I actually know!

But the Yankees do suck, It's all about them Oakland A's :p

• Like 1

Sorry, Faceberk doesn't count.. That's just a bunch of mindless teenagers being mindless teenagers.

Any other stipulations you want to add after the fact? Your exact word was "anywyere", which I took to mean anywhere. I found somewhere and you claim it doesn't count because of where it is. :wacko: I know you like to argue just for the fun of it but come on.

Any other stipulations you want to add after the fact? Your exact word was "anywyere", which I took to mean anywhere. I found somewhere and you claim it doesn't count because of where it is. :wacko: I know you like to argue just for the fun of it but come on.

OK, I'll give you that. But I still don't think anything on Faceberk should count. :p Most of the stuff on there is really just idiots pratting around...

OK, I'll give you that. But I still don't think anything on Faceberk should count. :p Most of the stuff on there is really just idiots pratting around...

Wasn't that your point? Anti-fan club groups are silly buggers?

Wasn't that your point? Anti-fan club groups are silly buggers?

Faceberk counts for even less than silly buggers. It's -that- insignificant.

Oh how I wish it would go away, along with all the other social media sites poisoning the internet with their utter drivel.

Anyway.. Where the hell were we? Oh yeah. Groups that get together just for the purpose of telling people they DON'T believe in something, are not only silly, but I've never actually seen any in real life. I dunno, maybe we're just slightly more sensible about it in the UK?

Faceberk counts for even less than silly buggers. It's -that- insignificant.

Oh how I wish it would go away, along with all the other social media sites poisoning the internet with their utter drivel.

Anyway.. Where the hell were we? Oh yeah. Groups that get together just for the purpose of telling people they DON'T believe in something, are not only silly, but I've never actually seen any in real life. I dunno, maybe we're just slightly more sensible about it in the UK?

They don't tell you they don't believe in something. They tell you to stop believing in whatever it is you believe in. IMO that is just as bad as telling someone to believe in something.