florida voicemail tips youtube video terminated

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,391 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 17:48

I never do get why people insist on paying servers for doing something their employer is already paying them.

#17 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,595 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 28 May 2013 - 17:48

Call me an ass, but I always check the pizza before I had over payment, too many times have they pizza's been wrong,smashed up,stone cold after the guy leaves.

Oh know.. not an ass at all bro.. I started doing this after I ordered a Pizza that was cold.. Like COLD.. I called and asked if the driver held it window the entire way to my house..

#18 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,808 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 28 May 2013 - 18:22

I never do get why people insist on paying servers for doing something their employer is already paying them.

Blame USA I guess - in general servers here get between $3-$5hr from the employers while they make most of their money from tips. On a good day at IHOP - my friend says she makes $250 In tips (with like $30 from the company or about $26/hour). So the idea you can make big bucks is why this still goes on today. $200/day times 5 or 6 and you're RICH! (not really but that's what people think). Since it's all tax free (for now, you'll have to pay back taxes later) it seems like you can make a good amount of money just by tips, more than most average people make (most admin or mid-level jobs don't take home $1,200/week, you'll be lucky to get $700-800).

In some other places like Germany (in the USA as well). The Tips just get divided up equally amongst the staff at the end of the night. They get their normal salary and anything from tips is just pocket change.

#19 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,926 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 18:32

Some places in the USA, servers get a few bucks and hour plus tips. So they rely on the tips and as long as they do a good job and are attentive, I dont mid tipping. I normally tip 20 percent, however, if all I have is a few drinks totally $6....I will tip $6 back. Going out is not a must have and servers have to put up with a lot of BS. So if you cannot tip, then say at home and dont order anything for delivery. MO.

What I dont like is places that charge a mandatory gratuity. Shouldnt be mandatory if the service sucks as I have given a few 2 cent tips before because the service was that bad.

#20 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,472 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 18:42

Is there a good reason why Americans have decided to start calling waiters servers?

#21 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,926 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 18:49

Is there a good reason why Americans have decided to start calling waiters servers?

Because waitress and waiter is not politically correct. Same thing with steward and stewardess.

#22 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 425 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 23:19

"Friends, I am extremely concerned to learn about the reprehensible language used by two former employees in one of our restaurants," the Facebook post stated. "Their thinking and actions defy both my personal and the company's values, and everything for which this company stands."

LOL AT THAT.

His personal and company value's are to treat his own workers like s**t and not give insurance, and if they do, knock people's hours down to get out of it. I would love to see his "personal and company value's". It is sad that the only people I see here 'working' for Papa Johns seems to be white trash anyways.

#23 +Tech Greek

Tech Greek

Neowinian

• 613 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 23:30

LOL AT THAT.

His personal and company value's are to treat his own workers like s**t and not give insurance, and if they do, knock people's hours down to get out of it. I would love to see his "personal and company value's". It is sad that the only people I see here 'working' for Papa Johns seems to be white trash anyways.

You can get your own insurance policy for less and not depend on paying into a group policy that'll most likely end up with a higher premium.

I tip depending on service. They don't get money for their cars being utilized for business and they are usually making minimum wage.

#24 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

• 2,798 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 00:03

Probably because someone somewhere got all butthurt and made a big deal that it makes them sound like servants or some crap like that.

I personally still call them waiters and waitresses, because that's what they are. They chose the occupation so they really don't have a right to get insulted by it.

#25 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 14:06

So he went from being an employed idiot to an unemployed idiot. I hope we don't end up supporting him.

#26 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,137 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 14:13

Call me an ass, but I always check the pizza before I had over payment, too many times have they pizza's been wrong,smashed up,stone cold after the guy leaves.

I remember a time when a woman complained that a slice was missing, and was blaming the driver.

Turns out, her boyfriend ate a piece, then pushed the remaining slices together. :p

#27 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,595 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 29 May 2013 - 14:29

I remember a time when a woman complained that a slice was missing, and was blaming the driver.

Turns out, her boyfriend ate a piece, then pushed the remaining slices together. :p

I kinda want a pizza right MEOW

#28 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,137 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 14:56

^ Kitty agrees !

Attached Images

• pizzakitty.jpg

#29 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior