23 replies to this topic

#1 +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,060 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:48

Posted Image

If half a dozen reports from several well-sourced reporters are to be believed, Apple has a huge redesign coming in iOS 7. Gone are the textures that have characterized iOS for six years now, replaced by a flatter user interface that will still maintain the overall feel of the operating system. While much remains a mystery, we already know what several redesigned elements in iOS 7 look like — not from a leak or a bunch of rumors, but because Apple has already shown them to us.

Apple device users should look no further than Apple’s official WWDC 2013 app for iOS if they are interested in getting a sneak peek at some of the new design elements coming to iOS 7. While things like app icons remain a mystery, the new color scheme and design identity are beyond apparent in Apple’s new app:

Posted Image

The general layout and button shapes are the same to ensure that Apple avoids the shock of a drastic visual overhaul — Microsoft’s Windows 8 has shown us what can happen when visual changes are too severe — but the flatter, more minimal graphics are a fresh new look for iOS.

Here is a comparison shot assembled by Twitter user “@yuize” that shows the new look of iOS 7 in the official WWDC 2013 app alongside last year’s WWDC app and the WWDC 2011 app:

Posted Image

The layout is cleaner, the look is more minimal and the colors certainly seem to pop a bit more, but longtime iOS users likely won’t find the new look terribly jarring, which is a fear any company has when refreshing a user interface.

Apple’s annual WWDC show kicks off on Monday and iOS 7 is expected to debut during the opening keynote, which starts at 1:00 p.m. EDT, 10:00 a.m. PDT.

http://bgr.com/2013/...design-preview/

#2 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,516 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:05

I still see gradients.

#3 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:12

Looks pretty awesome if you ask me. I'm digging the new look.

#4 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,579 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:16

So they are not ripping off Metro which is good but still disappointing. It feels more of a color scheme change than the "drastic flat look" that was rumored.

#5 A. Destroyer

A. Destroyer

Neowinian

• 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:16

I don't see how much more they can add to iOS. Every "major" update they've released after iOS 4 has been minor. In my opinion, they should cease "major" OS development after iOS 7 is released.

#6 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,509 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:18

Except for the colored triangles, it doesn't look any different to me.

#7 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,104 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:19

Looks fine to me. Doesn't look like anything will be drastically changed, which is good.

#8 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• 1,710 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:21

Doesnt look much different.

#9 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 4,870 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:22

I guess when the rumors said ios7 is going to look very black and white, it is true. I wonder what other info that same source revealed?

#10 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,084 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:23

In my opinion, they should cease "major" OS development after iOS 7 is released

Right... Nope!

Just because you can't see where to take it, doesn't mean nobody else can. Every OS needs to keep fresh!

#11 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,319 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:25

Except for the colored triangles, it doesn't look any different to me.

+1

I guess we'll have to wait for final release.

#12 A. Destroyer

A. Destroyer

Neowinian

• 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:28

Right... Nope!

Just because you can't see where to take it, doesn't mean nobody else can. Every OS needs to keep fresh!

I didn't once say nobody else can. I said "in my opinion." Nice try, though.

#13 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

• 2,328 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:28

I don't know. Just seems improbable to me that they would officially leak the new look just one week before introducing the new version. It may indicate the direction they're going into of course, but I doubt it's going to look exactly like that. We'll see soon enough though...

I still see gradients.

The horror... :o

#14 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,084 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:32

I don't see how much more they can add to iOS. Every "major" update they've released after iOS 4 has been minor. In my opinion, they should cease "major" OS development after iOS 7 is released.

There's your full quote.

I don't see how much more they can add to iOS. OK - you don't see where they should take it. Personally neither do I - but I have no idea what they are adding so...

In my opinion, they should cease "major" OS development after iOS 7 is released. Yup, that's your opinion. It's based on the above point, no doubt. Fine. But like I say, it's moot seeing as neither of us know what's to come.

#15 A. Destroyer

A. Destroyer

Neowinian

• 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 15:37

There's your full quote.

I don't see how much more they can add to iOS. OK - you don't see where they should take it. Personally neither do I - but I have no idea what they are adding so...

In my opinion, they should cease "major" OS development after iOS 7 is released. Yup, that's your opinion. It's based on the above point, no doubt. Fine. But like I say, it's moot seeing as neither of us know what's to come.

And let's take a look at your response to my opinion.

Right... Nope! Implying my opinion is wrong, with a hint of sarcasm. Uncalled for.

Just because you can't see where to take it, doesn't mean nobody else can. Again, where did I state nobody else can imagine new things for iOS? Based off the fact that Apple hasn't changed much since iOS 4, I can only assume they are going to continue developing minor updates and call them major.

Don't try to start an argument for no reason. Your posts are very HQ and I respect you for it, but man, don't try to cut down my opinions.