tablet apple isense ipad android google samsung windows microsoft ios

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tk1917

Tk1917

Neowinian

• 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:12

Over the last few weeks, out-shouted by giant press releases including the avalanche of Google product updates and Mr. Cook going to Washington was a very interesting press release that should have been quite earth-moving. In it, Hisense introduced their two new Android tablets. What makes them special is that they are $99 or $149 and will be available in every Walmart store in the US. Sure, there have been cheap tablets like this, and some even Google Play certified, but to be easily available to the masses like this is truly exciting for a number of reasons...

http://thebackbenche...let-that-could/

#2 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,527 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:30

at the very least, they make great book readers, and at that price point no big loss if you give em to your kids
though it might kill the kindle range

#3 greenwizard88

greenwizard88

Neowinian Senior

• 1,746 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:45

Doesn't surprise me at all. There were plenty of $150 7" tablets on the market last christmas, and they weren't terrible. Nothing good, but quite honestly probably better than an older Kindle. A year later, and betting on reoccurring income from google music...

I'm quite happy with my surface RT though, I wouldn't trade it for a 7" Nexus even.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!