Yeah... I fired up Diablo 3 and played season 6 over the weekend. Came away satisfied after every gaming session. Then I go into the Division, look around for the DZ for a few minutes and feel like I wasted my time.

11 hours ago, Vykranth said:

Yeah, hijacking the extractions pretty much kills the game for me as I am a solo player.

If I cannot farm the DZ for Equipment , I cannot get set gear so I am going to end up an even easier target for the 210+ players.

I did the incursion once with a very good team assembled out of nowhere in the DZ. I might have been 165 at the time.

Right now, I might be 192 because of some serious Phoenix shopping of gear set. I have a 2 piece nomad and a 2 piece sentry set with a 182 Liberator assault rifle and a 163 tactical AUG.

I spent hours getting weapons mods from the DZ to finally get something that is supposedly working. The thing is, get the Vector blueprint from the base and build some until you have the proper talents: vicious, brutal and I forgot the third one

The Vector is OP as heck with the proper mods. I would have hoped that they balance things out to make marksman rifles usable but that does not seem what is going to happen

I have 160K DPS and 90K HP but I am totally getting my derriere handed to me by rogues

I've got similar levels of DPS and a bit lower on health - maybe I should give the Incursion a go if I can get a team together.

24 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I've got similar levels of DPS and a bit lower on health - maybe I should give the Incursion a go if I can get a team together.

Stock on heal abilities and talk to each other and it should be a breeze. Only the last part with the APC is difficult

21 hours ago, Skiver said:

I've got about 60 hours gameplay - got to rank 30 and DZ rank 35. I had all yellow/gold kit but I just seemed to hit a wall with regards to the DPS/Health stats that I could not increase. 

Have you done the incursion? If so what is your DPS/Health like for a comparison? As I was led to believe my stats were on the low side for it.

Yep done the incursion on hard and challenging a good few times, its not THAT hard as long as the group you are in think about their perks and work as a team.

The endgame green stats armour etc helps a lot, my armour rating is now around 190 and have 5 items of it so far, all helps, including making my own top end weapons (Liberator etc) with all top end mods. im at work atm, but ill upload a screenshot of my armour when i get home, which seems to work in DZ, SP and all the challenges/incursions.

11 hours ago, Vykranth said:

Yeah, hijacking the extractions pretty much kills the game for me as I am a solo player.

If I cannot farm the DZ for Equipment , I cannot get set gear so I am going to end up an even easier target for the 210+ players.

I did the incursion once with a very good team assembled out of nowhere in the DZ. I might have been 165 at the time.

Right now, I might be 192 because of some serious Phoenix shopping of gear set. I have a 2 piece nomad and a 2 piece sentry set with a 182 Liberator assault rifle and a 163 tactical AUG.

I spent hours getting weapons mods from the DZ to finally get something that is supposedly working. The thing is, get the Vector blueprint from the base and build some until you have the proper talents: vicious, brutal and I forgot the third one

The Vector is OP as heck with the proper mods. I would have hoped that they balance things out to make marksman rifles usable but that does not seem what is going to happen

I have 160K DPS and 90K HP but I am totally getting my derriere handed to me by rogues

You won't encounter the 200+ players unless you're over 200 yourself as 1.2 brings a third DZ bracket for 200+ GS. It'll have up to level 34 mobs and drop the best gear

1 minute ago, -T- said:

You won't encounter the 200+ players unless you're over 200 yourself as 1.2 brings a third DZ bracket for 200+ GS. It'll have up to level 34 mobs and drop the best gear

perhaps its the time of day i play, but out of all the extractions from the DZ, ive only ever had 1 rogue steal my stuff, 2 at best.

50 minutes ago, -T- said:

Yes but that will happen after the update next week May 24th. For the moment, The top bracket in 161+ and that makes life for the guys who barely reached 163 and are sturggling to get 182 or even 204 type gear and the apex predators at 210+

1 hour ago, Mando said:

perhaps its the time of day i play, but out of all the extractions from the DZ, ive only ever had 1 rogue steal my stuff, 2 at best.

I've literally never been ganked at an extraction. Not sure what people worry about that for 

18 minutes ago, -T- said:

I've literally never been ganked at an extraction. Not sure what people worry about that for 

You should play more. 

28 minutes ago, -T- said:

it can be quite annoying when you've nailed a few elites and you have lots of gold booty, usually an arrrg you feckers moment....then a sigh and start again :) adds to the thrill & actually makes a successful extraction feel quite rewarding.

10 hours ago, mudslag said:

You should play more. 

I have over 16 days logged as play time, I play a lot

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:42 AM, Mando said:

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:07 PM, -T- said:

Well, you two are lucky to end up on servers with nice people. I just left the game for the afternoon session: I appeared in the middle of the DZ. When I left the safe room, I had 3 rogue groups appear on the radar. I did

For me, getting killed in the back while preparing an extraction is common, it happened to me yesterday evening.

So, basically, my Division gameplay is do the daily chores, grind Broadway Emporium or Ahmerst's Apartment and stockpile on phoenix credits in the vain hope of getting some 204 gear from the base. I am having more fun with Doom

4 hours ago, Vykranth said:

Well, you two are lucky to end up on servers with nice people. I just left the game for the afternoon session: I appeared in the middle of the DZ. When I left the safe room, I had 3 rogue groups appear on the radar. I did

For me, getting killed in the back while preparing an extraction is common, it happened to me yesterday evening.

So, basically, my Division gameplay is do the daily chores, grind Broadway Emporium or Ahmerst's Apartment and stockpile on phoenix credits in the vain hope of getting some 204 gear from the base. I am having more fun with Doom

:( add me mate il run with ya in the DZ (mandoscottie72) infact any neowin member who fancys a team run add me and lets hit the DZ rogue hunters :) turn tables on them, itll improve after tomorrows 1.2 patch high enders will have their own zone

Edited by Mando

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:33 PM, Mando said:

:( add me mate il run with ya in the DZ (mandoscottie72) infact any neowin member who fancys a team run add me and lets hit the DZ rogue hunters :) turn tables on them, itll improve after tomorrows 1.2 patch high enders will have their own zone

Thanks for the offer but I rage-wiped the game from the HD yesterday evening. My last session was a nightmare with rogues fragging everything in sight, then being chased by several groups of players. Everything went bonkers when one of the chaser groups became rogues with a stray bullet and everyone turned against each other.

Kinda not funny when you are in the middle of the firefight on the bad business of a dozen Vectors

12 minutes ago, Vykranth said:

Thanks for the offer but I rage-wiped the game from the HD yesterday evening. My last session was a nightmare with rogues fragging everything in sight, then being chased by several groups of players. Everything went bonkers when one of the chaser groups became rogues with a stray bullet and everyone turned against each other.

Kinda not funny when you are in the middle of the firefight on the bad business of a dozen Vectors

Really ? You uninstalled 2 days before the 1.2 patch, which brings a lot of changes including the loots.

Just do like I do, matchmake with a group, eventually you will find good people and then you friend them. Buy a mic.

But you might need to wait 1.2, a lot of people will come back to the game after the patch. I'm sure of it.

19 minutes ago, 2xSilverKnight said:

Really ? You uninstalled 2 days before the 1.2 patch, which brings a lot of changes including the loots.

Just do like I do, matchmake with a group, eventually you will find good people and then you friend them. Buy a mic.

But you might need to wait 1.2, a lot of people will come back to the game after the patch. I'm sure of it.

It is not just the loot that makes things difficult for solo players like me: it is the balance. SMGs are totally overpowered and have no counter. I have yet to see someone using a shotgun, a LMG or a marksman rifle.

I did a hard daily with a M44 rifle: it was immensly satisfying to headshot enemies for more than 300K damage with it. Against players or named enemies in the DZ, everybody would be laughing at me.

Marksman rifles or even truer bolt action sniper rifles like the M44 or the SRS should do much more damage.

The funny thing about me rage-wiping the Division, I did exactly the same thing with Destiny a few weeks after the release of Destiny, only to re-install it a few months after the Taken King.

I just got frustrated and bored. I do have a mic, it is the most critical piece of equipment when doing raids.

We will see on the friend list what is going to happen after Tuesday: right now, my friend list has been moving away from the Division.

On 4/24/2016 at 11:15 PM, trag3dy said:

Funny thing. Apparently the stat "Protection from Elites" on armor increases damage you take from elites not decreases it, according to reddit.

It's almost like the fine folks over at Massive don't know how to QA their own game with how many new exploits have popped up pretty much every other day and stuff like this happening.

Don't get me wrong I like the game but geez I've never seen a game released in such state before.

This is why I jumped off of the division to ARMA3 now that ARMA3 has had a massive price reduction.

1 hour ago, chrisj1968 said:

This is why I jumped off of the division to ARMA3 now that ARMA3 has had a massive price reduction.

That was fixed weeks ago, enjoy ARMA 

1 minute ago, -T- said:

That was fixed weeks ago, enjoy ARMA 

oh I saw a lot of potential in the division. but when ARMA3 dropped in price, I sort of forgot about the division. I might play it at a later time. but ARMA3 is my cup of tea ATM.

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2016 at 10:40 PM, Vykranth said:

It is not just the loot that makes things difficult for solo players like me: it is the balance. SMGs are totally overpowered and have no counter. I have yet to see someone using a shotgun, a LMG or a marksman rifle.

I did a hard daily with a M44 rifle: it was immensly satisfying to headshot enemies for more than 300K damage with it. Against players or named enemies in the DZ, everybody would be laughing at me.

Marksman rifles or even truer bolt action sniper rifles like the M44 or the SRS should do much more damage.

The funny thing about me rage-wiping the Division, I did exactly the same thing with Destiny a few weeks after the release of Destiny, only to re-install it a few months after the Taken King.

I just got frustrated and bored. I do have a mic, it is the most critical piece of equipment when doing raids.

We will see on the friend list what is going to happen after Tuesday: right now, my friend list has been moving away from the Division.

Add me & come baaack ill run with ya mate, running dz even in pairs is risky tbh. Mandoscottie72

in saying that ive not fired underground up yet, i got a closed alpha invite to a certain title so been trying that this week. :woot:

which is refreshingly different and more enjoyable for it.

Anyone know why the Secure Quarantine Sector mission wouldn't show up for me? Is something borked with my install or do I need to be at a set level?

4 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Anyone know why the Secure Quarantine Sector mission wouldn't show up for me? Is something borked with my install or do I need to be at a set level?

isnt that the one you have to have completed both previous lvl 30 missions on hard before being eligible? (forget the name of them)

14 minutes ago, Mando said:

isnt that the one you have to have completed both previous lvl 30 missions on hard before being eligible? (forget the name of them)

I was under the impression that it was something else that I needed to be on level 30 for.