Hmm, fair enough.  Though if it did it in game they'd have to be sold through Steam for the Steam version, last I checked Steams rules.  So effectively they'd have to have separate clients for everyone.

On 2/21/2016 at 2:50 PM, Dinggus said:

Just curious, why are you still in this thread if you don't like the game?

They do that everywhere.

I mean Ford fans go to Jeep forum and say "Jeep sucks" ...

There are trolls/haters everywhere.

If I were you, just ignore them and move on.

Players who have purchased digital copies can begin preloading today for Xbox One; Thursday, March 3 at 6PM CET / 9AM PT for PC (Steam/Uplay); and March 6 at 00:01AM local time on PlayStation 4 – except Japan where it will be available on March 8 at 00:01AM. In the US, digital copies of The Division for Xbox One, PS4, and PC will be active at 12:01AM EST on March 8.

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-reviews-what-to-expect-on-launch-day/

Yarr!  I love midnight launches.  I stay up way too freakin late anyway.

Ubisoft has just detailed two huge features for The Division set to arrive via free post-launch updates: raid-like "incursions" and player trading.

April sees the first incursion added to the game. Ubisoft describes the feature as "a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play".

A raid, then.

This update also brings loot trading to the game, where players in the same group can trade rewards gained in a co-op game session.

May brings a second incursion to the game, plus more Dark Zone content.

These two free updates are separate from the three paid-for expansions set to arrive throughout the next year.

Read More

This for me is great news - the Raids in Destiny is what kept me going so long and keeping with the comparison, loot trading is something I've always wanted. There were weapons that had dropped 12 times for a friend yet I'd yet to see so it would have worked brilliantly.

25 minutes ago, randomevent said:

I freakin hate the raids in Destiny.  I hope they can manage to do something more fun than that.

The problems with Destiny is that you can't do them with PUG's and that despite the "balanced" game, you will be fighting against other people who has done raids before and their weapons are far superior to anything you have and that means they are in fact much much better and you don't really stand a chance. 

2 hours ago, HawkMan said:

The problems with Destiny is that you can't do them with PUG's and that despite the "balanced" game, you will be fighting against other people who has done raids before and their weapons are far superior to anything you have and that means they are in fact much much better and you don't really stand a chance. 

That's...Crucible?  I haven't even done that.

My collectors edition which I was so lucky to be in the right place at the right time is in transit. The only disadvantage is I have to wait until I get hom from work. On the possative side I finish at 15:45... :D

I cannot not wait to play this game. I'm so excited. In fact this has to be the most I've been excited about a game in a long time. And the icing on the cake is Hitman Collectors edition is coming on Friday... :woot:

Ubisoft has a reputation for having cr** servers. But I've been advised on sound authority that Ubisoft have new servers ready for the launch tomorrow. Now I just hope the game isn't a cluster **** and the game will require patching on day one. I mean it wouldn't be Ubisoft without the hiccups.

oh well in 17 hrs I will be on TCTD... :yes:

The open beta supposedly had 6.4 million people.  They're doing a hell of a lot better with scale than you'd think, but pretty much every online game has issues at launch.

There is a day one patch, but I don't think it's supposed to be huge.

3 hours ago, randomevent said:

The open beta supposedly had 6.4 million people.  They're doing a hell of a lot better with scale than you'd think, but pretty much every online game has issues at launch.

There is a day one patch, but I don't think it's supposed to be huge.

It's 3.6gb.

"Ubisoft servers are not available at this time".

Best game ever.

Not sure why I thought I'd actually be able to play on launch night.

6 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

"Ubisoft servers are not available at this time".

Best game ever.

Not sure why I thought I'd actually be able to play on launch night.

Hahaha yeah me either.  I expected it though, it's Ubisofts first major online game.  I just didn't expect it to bomb this early I suppose.

11 hours ago, randomevent said:

Hahaha yeah me either.  I expected it though, it's Ubisofts first major online game.  I just didn't expect it to bomb this early I suppose.

Yeah it's not the launch day thats the issue. It's Ubisoft and their absolutely atrocious netcode / server software. Rainbow six siege has plenty of server issues too. 

They can barely keep stable servers up and running for a game thats 5 v 5 and doesn't have a lot of people playing. That game has been out for 3 months now and the servers still have issues. You really think they're going to be able to do any different with a game that's much bigger in both scope and number of people playing?

And that's why I put in a steam refund request. Sorry I'm not going to waste my money on Ubisoft's promises of "we're working on fixing it". Get your ######## ###### together.

My schedule intersects with my friends schedule poorly in the last couple days so I've been avoiding the main missions, but having a blast.

It looks great, plays great, I can't even think of anything to complain about except for only having the two enemy groups (that I've seen so far, anyway.)

I have a long way to go it seems.

(And yes, the game is mostly SP/coop.  You can do the PvP if you want to, but I have no plans to.)

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would that's for sure. Although the game balance itself seems kind of off to me.

Some enemies just waltz right up to as you empty clip after clip into their face and that's a valid tactic for them because they're bullet sponges. 

That and whoever's idea it was to put both dodge and cover on the same button needs to be fired. I've died more times because I've tried to dodge only to get stuck to a wall than anything else.

On 1/16/2016 at 7:46 AM, HawkMan said:

I believe you have story single player "instances", and multiplayer/pvp areas you can avoid if you want, and then you have the world where you walk between the zones/instances and probaby can't fight, maybe if you're PVP tagged manually. So I would guess it's like a modern spruced up version of Hellgate:London but less demons and stuff. 

it seems like a version of Ghost Recon Future soldier in 3rd person point of view. But with an open world. I am down on this title because of the always , gets points to get better weapons which turns the game from a tactical game into a gun bunny title.