51 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

it seems like a version of Ghost Recon Future soldier in 3rd person point of view. But with an open world. I am down on this title because of the always , gets points to get better weapons which turns the game from a tactical game into a gun bunny title.

I must say you're the only person I ever met who even cares about Ghost Recon :laugh:

6 hours ago, trag3dy said:

That and whoever's idea it was to put both dodge and cover on the same button needs to be fired. I've died more times because I've tried to dodge only to get stuck to a wall than anything else.

The facepalm moments and fits of laughter from the squad this caused last night - ugh. Some were just downright embarrassing, as I tried to roll away only to take cover and then start rotating around the cover in to multiple enemies. 

On 10/03/2016 at 3:46 AM, randomevent said:

I must say you're the only person I ever met who even cares about Ghost Recon :laugh:

What's wrong with GR? Great series :yes:

Just finished building my new PC and the GPU came with a copy of The Division. Looking forward to playing, but not in the least surprised the final game included micro-transactions.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Just finished building my new PC and the GPU came with a copy of The Division. Looking forward to playing, but not in the least surprised the final game included micro-transactions.

So far the only things in the store are 2 clothing packs which to be honest are pretty ugly. 

For awhile now I have been getting my butt kicked on most missions (at least the main story ones). I will die at least 6 times to complete them.
The reason that bothers me is the fact that the last few missions were below my level. I would start a level 16 mission when I'm level 22. Yet I still get my butt kicked.
Am I doing something wrong? I have the best gear I can seem to find or buy or create, but yea.

Or do I just suck? lol

As long as difficulty isn't set to hard, missions below your level should be a cakewalks for the most part, outside of the odd elite, which you need to spend some more time on. 

on hard though.... especially if you group up on a 4 man, and especially when one inevitably is an a hole and leaves....

Yea it's on normal, first attempt at the mission.

I feel like it's my equipment, somehow it's not good enough, but I don't know how I could have any better currently.

Remember you NEED to stay in cover at all times, that's the only way I can see it being difficult if you have decent level guns and are doing missions under your level on normal 

5 hours ago, bman said:

Yea it's on normal, first attempt at the mission.

I feel like it's my equipment, somehow it's not good enough, but I don't know how I could have any better currently.

What kind of gear are you using? The finer aspects of how to optimize your gear are not all that obvious and understanding what stats do what isn't really made all that clear in game.

Yea I find the gear stuff complicated. There are 10 different things to worry about, all of which don't always seem to make sense. When I think I figured out which does what, something else changes.

I was doing alright since posting, did a few levels but now I am on the Recon Roof Mission, which is level 22 I believe. I am level 25 and I have done the one section 10 times so far and I had to quit. It's the second where they come from both sides. Sure it's harder because of them coming from all areas and trying to stay in cover, plus many "bosses", but I'm still 3 levels above these guys, it shouldn't be this insanely hard.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, Andrew said:

57 minutes ago, bman said:

Yea I find the gear stuff complicated. There are 10 different things to worry about, all of which don't always seem to make sense. When I think I figured out which does what, something else changes.

I was doing alright since posting, did a few levels but now I am on the Recon Roof Mission, which is level 22 I believe. I am level 25 and I have done the one section 10 times so far and I had to quit. It's the second where they come from both sides. Sure it's harder because of them coming from all areas and trying to stay in cover, plus many "bosses", but I'm still 3 levels above these guys, it shouldn't be this insanely hard.

team up...its what that option is for =)

1 hour ago, bman said:

Explain what your gear situation is?

After few hours in dark zones i can say - it's boring as hell... Just a co-op of 4 running in a little dark zone, killing mobs and looting them. No exploration, no any serious PvP . Mobs respawn always in same places, have no AI at all, just few scripted moves and with a hell load of armor so you have to unload 30 lvl AK47 4-5 times into their heads to kill them.

Yea I dunno. Hopefully someone says yea your loadout seems crappy lol

Cause I just went to play a different mission, cause I can't beat the other one and same thing. It's super frustrating. I must just suck even when following tips and tricks lol

I am seriously stuck doing nothing now cause I can't move forward. I get the game is made for multiplayer, but geez.

1 minute ago, bman said:

Is that two assault rifles or no?  I'd pick a different secondary so you have an ammo pool once the first one runs out.

1 minute ago, randomevent said:

Is that two assault rifles or no?  I'd pick a different secondary so you have an ammo pool once the first one runs out.

No, Assault Rifle and Marksman Rifle.

I don't know man.  Sometimes you need to blind fire from cover, and DON'T use your grenades sparingly (you'll always find more.)  And you might want to change your equipped talents if you're having too much trouble.  Other than that, I don't know.  I haven't done all the missions yet.

Also, put a mod on that breathing mask already heh :) (at least it looks empty)

55 minutes ago, bman said:

No, Assault Rifle and Marksman Rifle.

Do you like your playstyle? It may seem silly but I figure I'd ask. Do you die to shotguns/melee sneaking up on you? I ended up feeling most comfortable with a LMG and a SMG with a handgun. Handgun is good fun for little fights. SMG provides excellent blind fire. LMG provides good suppression for moving up.

For mods I use first aid and seeker mine.

I've been playing for a few days put in 36 hours. I have been hammering out all the single player content like lost phones, echos, side missions, etc. I'm really liking this game and honestly I don't mind the farming aspect. I've had quite a bit of variety.

3 hours ago, bman said:

Cause I just went to play a different mission, cause I can't beat the other one and same thing. It's super frustrating. I must just suck even when following tips and tricks lol

I am seriously stuck doing nothing now cause I can't move forward. I get the game is made for multiplayer, but geez.

I would suggest trying to get a lot more stamina and use the smart cover ability instead of seeker mines.  Smart cover not only reduces damage you take but increases your damage too and also seeker mine scales really badly.

37 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

I would suggest trying to get a lot more stamina and use the smart cover ability instead of seeker mines.  Smart cover not only reduces damage you take but increases your damage too and also seeker mine scales really badly.

Yea that might be a good idea. The seeker mine only seems to help on the easy guys lol Any purples or yellows seem unaffected by it.

I use it mainly to flush the baddies out from cover. Like a grenade but it can go to exactly where they are in tough spots. I have found all grenades to be underpowered against bosses but it doesn't bother me.