Finally got sorted on my stuff, right on.  The Underground awaits!  The only thing missing is the smell.  I can't say it's terribly different from the main game of course, but it is different.

what bothers me is the low power MP5 you start out with. at any rate, The division is a decent game. I have ascertained that, splintercell, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the upcoming, Ghost Recon Wildlands, the division are all using the same basic game engine and POV across the board. I'd enjoy a true to life FPS for the division and the Wildlands.

On 03/07/2016 at 7:52 PM, chrisj1968 said:

what bothers me is the low power MP5 you start out with. at any rate, The division is a decent game. I have ascertained that, splintercell, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the upcoming, Ghost Recon Wildlands, the division are all using the same basic game engine and POV across the board. I'd enjoy a true to life FPS for the division and the Wildlands.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you just named a bunch of Ubisoft games there so there is a good chance they are all based on the same engines yes.

Why not play something like America's Army or Squad if you're looking for something a little more realistic? I don't think any of these games would ever try to claim a realistic feel.

Finished the main story (including the general assembly) and now I am upto that missing that I need to do before I go underground. Right now I am on level 27.

On 06/07/2016 at 3:09 AM, LostCat said:

It isn't actually true anyway, Snowdrop is a new engine used only in The Division atm.

http://thedivision.wikia.com/wiki/Snowdrop_Engine

Oh I know its a "new engine" but in the sense that the engine is stilla Ubi engine it will still have a similar style to the older ones also, it's still an evolutionary process in the end.

On 7/3/2016 at 6:40 AM, LostCat said:

They're a bit slow atm with the email support.  But I think you might need to finish the main story first, if you haven't.

correct, you need to have completed the story 100% and its advised to do it at lvl30 after you've got all your base subsections at 100% completion (lots of extra perks)

On 7/3/2016 at 7:52 PM, chrisj1968 said:

Thats games designing in a nutshell mate, you dont develop a graphic and 3d engine each time you build a title in your portfolio, if devs did titles would take 6-10 years to make it to market.

Modular coding and design. 

Just as pretty much every EA game uses the Frostbyte engine, the engine isnt the game, just as the engine of a car is not the entire car you drive.

• 1 month later...

People still playing this game? Tried the DLC, and after a week, was bored.  Dark Zone is deserted, and it seems the company who made the game could care less about it...

45 minutes ago, BoDEAN said:

People still playing this game? Tried the DLC, and after a week, was bored.  Dark Zone is deserted, and it seems the company who made the game could care less about it...

Not recently but when I get bored of Deus Ex then I will fire it back up :) 

15 hours ago, BoDEAN said:

Nope, I played about an hour of the Underground DLC and relalised not only did this offer nothing really new it actually set me back in a sense that there was a completely new level I had to grind before I could buy anything. The loot drops were still no better then what I currently had equipped so it just wasn't worth my time. There didn't appear to be any new story to the DLC but that might have just been me really not caring before I'd even gone into it.

I did get an email to complete a survey from Ubisoft on this game which I happily left my feedback, i think they do care, i just don't think they know how to fix the issues without spending a lot of money and it's probably not worth it as they'll never draw back the players.

7 hours ago, Skiver said:

Nope, I played about an hour of the Underground DLC and relalised not only did this offer nothing really new it actually set me back in a sense that there was a completely new level I had to grind before I could buy anything. The loot drops were still no better then what I currently had equipped so it just wasn't worth my time. There didn't appear to be any new story to the DLC but that might have just been me really not caring before I'd even gone into it.

I did get an email to complete a survey from Ubisoft on this game which I happily left my feedback, i think they do care, i just don't think they know how to fix the issues without spending a lot of money and it's probably not worth it as they'll never draw back the players.

know what you mean, realised the other night ive not fired it up since underground week really. 

I still plan to play future DLC but I already put a bunch of time into it and their focus on groups is off putting to some of us.  My friends don't have as much free time and are mostly doing other things.

They apparently just delayed new DLCs to improve the core experience, which is cool

Our focus for update 1.4 and beyond will be on the following:
Fixing bugs, including those listed in our Known Issues as well as many other ones
Making loot drops more relevant to the player
Enemy difficulty and time to kill
Gear Sets and weapons balancing
Solo player experience
Dark Zone and PvP balancing
Quality of life additions based on community suggestions (such as weapon skins no longer taking inventory space)

Read more: http://wccftech.com/division-dlc-packs-delayed/#ixzz4J4H1JBOh

• 2 weeks later...

Massive update to The Division fixes so many things we can’t fit them all into this headline

Thursday, 15 September 2016 16:52 GMT By Shabana Arif

Hold onto your butts everyone. We’re going in.

Tom Clany’s The Division has had a lot of issues, even earning a mention on Fox News of all places.

But with update 1.4 we were promised change and a reason to come back, and by all accounts, that’s what we’re getting. Alex certainly seems pretty psyched which is always a good sign.

Firstly the PTS is scheduled for some time next week after an initial delay. There’s no firm date so we’ll update you as soon as that’s announced.

Next up, they addressed Time to Kill.

Currently enemies are bullet-sponges that deal a ton of damage and the game is too difficult for those players that can’t or don’t want to devote huge amounts of time to it. There’s a huge spike in Time to Kill post-level 30 which isn’t how the game should behave – and that goes for both optimised and non-optimised gear.

Alex distills the problem as the game being optimised for the small percentage of high level players with fully optimised gear, leaving everybody else with a crappy experience.

The fix being implemented for this first off is that the enemy Time to Kill will mirror the gradual incline pre-level 30 by fixing their health and damage scaling.

Continues...

I didn't watch the video but I've heard a lot about this 1.4 update and it does seem like it could be a reason to jump back in but with Rise of Iron due tomorrow it certainly won't be any time soon for me.