366 posts in this topic

I did that mission once but now I don't see it on my map.

Just now, LostCat said:

I did that mission once but now I don't see it on my map.

this is what i'm seeing:

thedivision.png

Finally got sorted on my stuff, right on.  The Underground awaits!  The only thing missing is the smell.  I can't say it's terribly different from the main game of course, but it is different.

What level do I need to be at?

My friend just did it at 29 (with me in the group.)  I think the mission is right below The Meat Locker safehouse.

1 person likes this

I've email support asking as it still not showing up for me. As of now I am on level 22.

They're a bit slow atm with the email support.  But I think you might need to finish the main story first, if you haven't.

Did you friend finish the main story and get the base of operation at 100%?

Yeah, we finished the story together.  No idea about the base though.

what bothers me is the low power MP5 you start out with. at any rate, The division is a decent game. I have ascertained that, splintercell, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the upcoming, Ghost Recon Wildlands, the division are all using the same basic game engine and POV across the board. I'd enjoy a true to life FPS for the division and the Wildlands.

On 03/07/2016 at 7:52 PM, chrisj1968 said:

what bothers me is the low power MP5 you start out with. at any rate, The division is a decent game. I have ascertained that, splintercell, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the upcoming, Ghost Recon Wildlands, the division are all using the same basic game engine and POV across the board. I'd enjoy a true to life FPS for the division and the Wildlands.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you just named a bunch of Ubisoft games there so there is a good chance they are all based on the same engines yes.

Why not play something like America's Army or Squad if you're looking for something a little more realistic? I don't think any of these games would ever try to claim a realistic feel.

Finished the main story (including the general assembly) and now I am upto that missing that I need to do before I go underground. Right now I am on level 27.

On 06/07/2016 at 3:09 AM, LostCat said:

It isn't actually true anyway, Snowdrop is a new engine used only in The Division atm.

http://thedivision.wikia.com/wiki/Snowdrop_Engine

Oh I know its a "new engine" but in the sense that the engine is stilla Ubi engine it will still have a similar style to the older ones also, it's still an evolutionary process in the end.

On 7/3/2016 at 6:40 AM, LostCat said:

They're a bit slow atm with the email support.  But I think you might need to finish the main story first, if you haven't.

correct, you need to have completed the story 100% and its advised to do it at lvl30 after you've got all your base subsections at 100% completion (lots of extra perks)

On 7/3/2016 at 7:52 PM, chrisj1968 said:

Thats games designing in a nutshell mate, you dont develop a graphic and 3d engine each time you build a title in your portfolio, if devs did titles would take 6-10 years to make it to market.

Modular coding and design. 

Just as pretty much every EA game uses the Frostbyte engine, the engine isnt the game, just as the engine of a car is not the entire car you drive.

1 person likes this