Why is Neowin so biased towards Xbox?

This console debate and wars is rediculous and irrelevant. Games are cross platform now, GTA IV was on the PC, Xbox 360 and ps3. The Xbox one and the PS4 are in par in terms of specs.

If Sony wanted more media coverage they should of done what Microsoft did and add something controversial. This is the internet people want to rant about negative crap not about good stuff and microsofts DRM is currently the popular "I wanna be cool and get a lot of post in my thread topic".

This console debate and wars is rediculous and irrelevant. Games are cross platform now, GTA IV was on the PC, Xbox 360 and ps3. The Xbox one and the PS4 are in par in terms of specs.

The debate is valid enough, but there's still too much unknown in how the software and services will differentiate things. We know the basics, but as to how things will evolve over time? Who knows.

The whole point of this thread was to simply point out the "news" and how it was clearly skewed towards the Xbox. The PS4's price was technically announced AFTER the Xbox One's and has clearly been huge with almost every media outlet. The fact that one of the top 3 articles is discussing the Xbox One's price just goes to show how skewed the new is.

That's essentially what I was pointing out.

I guess you missed my earlier post on this very issue? HERE

I only call people out on spreading FUD when they actually do.

Like posting that Forza 5 won't be 1080p60 after it's been confirmed by the devs.

Or bringing up a debunked MS/NSA aerticle.

or posting about the "negative" effects of a DRM while claiming there is no positives.

you know I could keep going. but it's besides the point. and you're again accusing people of doing what you yourself are doing. and gang mentality... seriously, the pack leader of Boxy, nashy and marty is talking about gang mentality. Grow up and stop throwing accusations for which you have no grounds. it doesn't reflect well on yourself. Certainly not when thos same accusation would then apply at least as much to yourself.

I do not have to believe there are benefits of DRM, hence why I don't.

Cmeh the bias and all those news topics are not needed tbh anyone with a brain knows to get the ps4. Cheaper, better console with less restrictions.

Cmeh the bias and all those news topics are not needed tbh anyone with a brain knows to get the ps4. Cheaper, better console with less restrictions.

People accusing others of not having a brain are usually the ones acting like they don't have one.

I do not have to believe there are benefits of DRM, hence why I don't.

no, sharing my library with 10 "family" members, and playing my games on any of my consoles without remembering to drag the disk around, lending games to and from my friends digitally and so on, yup, no benefits whatsoever.

You realise that the "win" in Neowin stands for Windows right?

Yup it stands for Windows not Microsoft ;)

Seriously i've been reading Neowin for a while now. I think i started reading it back in spring 2001 when i installed Windows 2000 (god bless it Windows ME sucked). I used it back then as a way to know when updates to applications was coming since most applications did not have an auto update feature or a new update checker. I used it for news about Whistler beta and for guides to tweak Windows 2000. I don't remember Neowin covering the XBox launch too much but i could be wrong.

From what i can recall (my memory could be wrong) back then it was not a web site full of devoted blind Microsoft fanboys. It was a site for people enjoying Microsoft's products and where you could discuss the pros and cons of their products without user like **** coming in every posts telling us we should devote our life praying the allmighty god Microsoft and converting the unfaithful to the true light that is Microsoft.

Today we can't even say that we don't like the Start Screen without getting called a Microsoft hater.

The whole point of this thread was to simply point out the "news" and how it was clearly skewed towards the Xbox. The PS4's price was technically announced AFTER the Xbox One's and has clearly been huge with almost every media outlet. The fact that one of the top 3 articles is discussing the Xbox One's price just goes to show how skewed the new is.

That's essentially what I was pointing out.

From now on, before you complain, go to the front page and scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on 'load more news' so you will get more PS4 news... if you want to keep up with PS4 news, come to this site everyday or find other tech sites..

If you are not happy with what the staff have been doing, feel free to contact them or leave to find your new homepage for your tech news.

If you think you can do better than Neowin, then why don't you open a new website of your own and run the tech news...

If it was me, I don't care how many Xbox or PS articles they post on here... it is up to the news authors who post the articles on here.

I'm not busting the staffs balls here but, on another note, to the people who support MS, I don't know why you support MS. they couldn't give 2 ****s about you or making you happy. they only care about their bottom line... $$$$

oh well. enough said about that.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but NO business cares about you and all they do is think about their bottom line.

If their products/policies line up with what you want, then you both get something out of it.

So sick of people b***hing about bias. PS4 news is abundant. The same will be said for any other topic (Apple news, etc). Wake the hell up. There isn't some meter on keeping the quantity of topics in balance. Whatever news is available and palatable gets posted in the order it's released. That's why you have periods of intense Microsoft news and periods of intense Sony news. If you're not seeing this, then you're either delusional or just butthurt because you don't like seeing particular news.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but NO business cares about you and all they do is think about their bottom line.

If their products/policies line up with what you want, then you both get something out of it.

It's all great but these days on Neowin some people are just dishonest. To the point you have to wonder if they are not paid advocate posting online for Microsoft (we all know it exists pretty much all big companies pay people to talk positively about them online). It's impossible for someone to like everything a company does. There's always thing you'll dislike and it's okay to talk about them in the hope the company will tweak them (24 hours phone home).

I rememeber when XP was in beta the "ugly" blue/green skin was a hot discussion subject here on Neowin. Some people liked it. Some people hated it (i did hate it god bless the royal theme). Pretty much everyone agreed that Microsoft needed to make more skins to give the users a choice. Nobody felt the need to call people who did not like the skin XP haters and nobody felt the need to convince others it was an awesome looking skin every fans of windows should like to save their soul.

I'm not busting the staffs balls here but, on another note, to the people who support MS, I don't know why you support MS. they couldn't give 2 ****s about you or making you happy. they only care about their bottom line... $$$$

oh well. enough said about that.

Yeah, because McDonalds cares about your health and well being while serving you a McHeartattack.... your point is invalid as ALL companies are like that, possibly with the exception of Google

(IM JUST KIDDING HOLY GEEZE CALM DOWN)

There's always thing you'll dislike and it's okay to talk about them in the hope the company will tweak them (24 hours phone home).

I don't dislike that either. It keeps me from needing discs post install, which is something I have hated about gaming ever since I had an alternative (Alcohol 120% a long, long time ago, not Steam.)

no, sharing my library with 10 "family" members, and playing my games on any of my consoles without remembering to drag the disk around, lending games to and from my friends digitally and so on, yup, no benefits whatsoever.

When it comes to DRM I am simply not willing to accept huge negatives by anything positive. For me nothing can receed the damage of online checks and taking away physical disc consumer rights. Not that you'll care about me explaining myself, you simply want me to say DRM has positives, but there's the explanation for others.

You do know there's not much news for PS4 compared to Xbox right?.... PS4 is pretty much just updated PS3... whereas Xbox One is bringing a whole new entertainment experience, and they constantly have more news to announce each day (even if it's stuff you don't like). Second, this is Microsoft-primary site. :)

I must admit, the comments from [extremely] pro MS/Xbox users are quite comical :)

Seriously, it isn't even a gaming site. I don't really get what you're even complaining about.