16 posts in this topic

Posted

SANTA ANA, Calif.

Posted

whoooo boy... :(

Posted

This is going overboard for a little money.

2 people like this

Posted

A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.

I think any divorced man can sympathize with him. :D

Posted

the US have no right to prosecute him... its down to the Italians ... US once again thinking they have rights to do what ever they want... this is the whole point of international relationships and treaties... they cannot touch him.

1 person likes this

Posted

the US have no right to prosecute him... its down to the Italians ... US once again thinking they have rights to do what ever they want... this is the whole point of international relationships and treaties... they cannot touch him.

He and his ex-wife are American citizens. She is a resident of the state of California.  A Superior court judge ruled they could proceed.  It has nothing to do with the big, bad ol' US.  The courts will decide.

Posted

He and his ex-wife are American citizens. She is a resident of the state of California.  A Superior court judge ruled they could proceed.  It has nothing to do with the big, bad ol' US.  The courts will decide.

so if i commit a crime in the US... its up to my court to decide what happens to me? 

Posted

They charged him and the first case was dismissed, yet they tried him again for the same crime?  That falls under double jeopardy which AFAIK is not allowed in the US.

Posted

They charged him and the first case was dismissed, yet they tried him again for the same crime?  That falls under double jeopardy which AFAIK is not allowed in the US.

Unless there is new evidence.

Posted

Unless there is new evidence.

Ah right, ok that makes sense.

Posted

She slipped and I accidentally grabbed her by her neck as she was falling over but after holding on to her neck for 5 minutes I lost my grip and she fell...  :shifty:

Case closed...

Posted

He was not tried, the case was dismissed before trial, no double jeopardy.  He has still not been tried, charges have been filed based on the new ruling by the Superior court judge, etc. 

Posted

so if i commit a crime in the US... its up to my court to decide what happens to me? 

The alleged crime was committed at sea, I'm not sure about the rule of law regarding this situation.  As I said the courts will decided.  If you commit a crime in the US you will be charged and brought to trial if necessary.

I think you may be trying to make this something it's not, the US isn't trying to take over the world.  In fact this involves the state of California, not the US, there is a difference

Posted

He should not of choked her plus maybe some defensive marks.  Should of just pushed her. 

Posted

Ah, come on.  Every hubby should be allowed one. :shifty:

Posted

This is going overboard for a little money.

Nice :laugh: