usa 1.3 gigabits per second cisco netgear wi-fi alliance

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,267 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:07

How fast a speed can one achieve with Cat7 cables?

(might be worth looking into once this becomes mainstream if it's faster)

<though I like cabled connections, no risk of wifi dropouts>

The problems with cables like CAT7 is they have a very limited bend radius. Unless you run the cable completely straight, you're gonna lose speed once you bend it, or in some cases it wont work at all.

If you ever wanted to achieve 10G speeds, you may as well go fibre.

#17 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,348 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:14

They mention Galaxy Note 2. Does that mean my Note 2 already has Wireless AC chip in it and Samsung were waiting for certification? Will it be enabled in a software update?? Questions questions questions. ..

I was just wondering that very same thing...

#18 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,555 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 13 July 2013 - 22:37

Just upgraded DSL Modem/Gateway to Netgear D6200. Using a Belkin AC USB 2.0 Adapter. Fluctuating from 433Mbs to 702Mbs. Of course, USB 2.0 maxes at 480Mbs so, not going to get that throughput. Still significantly faster than the 300Mbs connection previously. Can stream Netflix HD while streaming ESPN Vids and web browsing with no hiccups. The concurrent use is probably the biggest benefit. This is a867+300 Dual Band. The few USB 3.0 adapters for some reason max at 433 so no need to get one yet.

Even the doggish iTunes store got a significant boost. It's nice for the low-band to be 300Mbs 11n, instead of 11g. Even though the iPhone 5 seems much faster on the 5Ghz than it did on the previous 11n @ 5Ghz though it is still 11n.

#19 Undead Steve

Undead Steve

O.O

• 43 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 July 2013 - 23:16

I bought the Buffalo AC router that was one of the first to come out a little over a year ago. I was actually really disappointing at first, had terrible reliability and only OK speeds, but after a few firmware updates, the thing is kicking. I'm still not overly impressed with the range of it, but speed and reliability are the best I've had in a router!

Now if only Charter's service wasn't s crappy, I could really take advantage of this thing :s

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!