Answered Go to the full post win 8.1

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 68

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:14

I only noticed it on MetroTwit, but the latest drivers (WHQL 320.something I think) caused overheating in Windows 8 (and reboots) so I was already rolled back to 310.70 which was suggested after some intensive Googling.

Windows 8.1 comes with a Microsoft certified Nvidia driver at 325.something and caused loads of black stripes on the MetroTwit window, rolled back to 310.70 and I don't have these problems anymore, hopefully this helps someone! :)

Best Answer Steven P. , 18 July 2013 - 16:36

Forgot about this, I clean installed Windows 8.1 and don't have any issues with 326.01 (from Windows Update) anymore. Dodgy upgrade from Windows 8 /methinks

Go to the full post

#2 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:31

I only noticed it on MetroTwit, but the latest drivers (WHQL 320.something I think) caused overheating in Windows 8 (and reboots) so I was already rolled back to 310.70 which was suggested after some intensive Googling.

Windows 8.1 comes with a Microsoft certified Nvidia driver at 325.something and caused loads of black stripes on the MetroTwit window, rolled back to 310.70 and I don't have these problems anymore, hopefully this helps someone! :)

Did you only notice the graphical errors in MetroTwit with the 325 drivers though?  

#3 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:32

Did you only notice the graphical errors in MetroTwit with the 325 drivers though?  

Yes. If left long enough it made the window unreadable. Since downgrading I haven't had that issue.

Edit: When I first upgraded, my PC blue screened in the night and rebooted. I had that with the newer Windows 8 drivers too, but I'm too lazy to crack open my case to see if the fan needs cleaning out :p

#4 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:41

It's an issue with the driver. nVidia have revoked it and asked people to downgrade.

It was frying cards in certain configurations :\

#5 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:42

It's an issue with the driver. nVidia have revoked it and asked people to downgrade.

It was frying cards in certain configurations :\

Seriously!? Man.. I'm glad I downgraded!

#6 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:43

Yeah. Kinda of ###### me off they didn't release a point update to downgrade it..

nVidia being the suxor again.

#7 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:44

Can you link me to a source? Might be worth reporting.

#8 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:47

Here's the forum thread that got it going: https://forums.gefor...ed-5-23-13-/67/

https://www.google.c...ra&channel=fflb <- Will show you dozens of reports on the issue, but still looking for the nVidia release info.

EDIT:: nVidia comment in here; https://forums.gefor...ased-5-23-13-/1

Edited by articuno1au, 28 June 2013 - 07:48.

#9 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:50

Here's the forum thread that got it going: https://forums.gefor...ed-5-23-13-/67/

https://www.google.c...ra&channel=fflb <- Will show you dozens of reports on the issue, but still looking for the nVidia release info.

Ah cheers, will skip it then seeing as it's related to Windows 7/8 and already a while back.

I ran into problems immediately after auto-upgrading to 320.18 and found the same sort of topics on the issues. I've disabled upgrading for now. Seemed 310.70 was the widely suggested one, but others are recommending others as well.

What card and ver are you on?

#10 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:03

Hardware venders and they're crap drivers ruining it again for us all.  I'm still waiting for Intel to update it's ATOM drivers so I can go ahead and install the preview on my Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500T tablet.  

#11 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:06

Hardware venders and they're crap drivers ruining it again for us all.  I'm still waiting for Intel to update it's ATOM drivers so I can go ahead and install the preview on my Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500T tablet.  

I thought there was a workaround for that?

#12 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:17

To be fair, Intel even on Ivy Bridge hardware sounds like they're causing BSODs on the upgrade.  Intel really needs to step up their game on drivers.  AMD and NV have a misstep here and there but they usually work...

#13 Manarift

Manarift

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:17

I had that graphics issue when i upgraded to 8.1 i did a fresh install of the latest beta drivers and have had no issues since with it.

#14 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:44

I thought there was a workaround for that?

Not as far as the intel atom support on select devices goes.  It's some issue with drivers for the IGP.  There's workarounds for the language issue that some are having but that's a different matter. 

#15 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 July 2013 - 16:33

I'm running the 326.01 Forceware drivers with my (refurbished) GTX 550 Ti and having nary a single problem.