Steam Summer Sale 2013

If you enjoy RPG games than definitely. The mod community behind it is strong as well, which means more content than Bethesda supplied as a reward for buying it on PC instead of the console. If you do want to buy it, wait until it goes on a larger sale than it is now, while $12 isn't much ($6 for just the base game), I bet you will be able to buy ultimate edition for $7-9 before the end of the summer sale. Worst case you can buy it on the last day at its current sale prices.

Ty that's what i'm gonna do. Playing Tomb Raider right now anyway really good game i must say.

For those who have yet the play the awesome Witcher 2 it is curently 5$.

Ty that's what i'm gonna do. Playing Tomb Raider right now anyway really good game i must say.

Was considering buying this.. haven't played the first either though.. do I need to?

Was considering buying this.. haven't played the first either though.. do I need to?

Not really. It's better to have played the first one but it's not necessary. There's a few npcs and reference to the first game you wont recognize but nothing key to understanding the sequel. Witcher 1 is still a very good game and well worth your play time ... providing you have enough time ;) 

There's 2 other games i'm looking for personally.

I am alive

Alan Wake

Anyone played those and can recommend or not recommend them. Both are sorta the same genre so i will probably buy only one of those.

Not really. It's better to have played the first one but it's not necessary. There's a few npcs and reference to the first game you wont recognize but nothing key to understanding the sequel. Witcher 1 is still a very good game and well worth your play time ... providing you have enough time ;)

There's 2 other games i'm looking for personally.

I am alive

Alan Wake

Anyone played those and can recommend or not recommend them. Both are sorta the same genre so i will probably buy only one of those.

Watched the trailer for i am alive (it's on the flash sale).   Didn't look too great and ratings were kinda low.

Stupid question but how that stupid card **** thing actually works ???

I can sell my cards by cannot buy new one ... if i sell a card do i get a virtual curency to buy new cards or real money to my steam wallet? I thought we could actually trade cards. If yes how do we do that cause i'm sure not paying real money for stupid virtual cards.

Stupid question but how that stupid card **** thing actually works ???

I can sell my cards by cannot buy new one ... if i sell a card do i get a virtual curency to buy new cards or real money to my steam wallet? I thought we could actually trade cards. If yes how do we do that cause i'm sure not paying real money for stupid virtual cards.

Looks like they are sold on the "Steam Market" anything sold on the market can go into your wallet.  Which lets you (I assume) pay for games.. or other items.

Looks like they are sold on the "Steam Market" anything sold on the market can go into your wallet.  Which lets you (I assume) pay for games.. or other items.

Yes.....So far I have $13.12 after selling cards and some TF2 items (~1500 hours of TF2 and I burned out hardcore...haven't touched it in over a year...might as well put some of my items to use), granted the cards only make up maybe $5 worth.....but that is money on my Steam wallet which can be used to purchase anything through Steam.

Yes.....So far I have $13.12 after selling cards and some TF2 items (~1500 hours of TF2 and I burned out hardcore...haven't touched it in over a year...might as well put some of my items to use), granted the cards only make up maybe $5 worth.....but that is money on my Steam wallet which can be used to purchase anything through Steam.

I can't sell till August (hadn't bought anything in the past year).  Need to play a bunch.. make some money off cards/items and pay for next sale :p

Not sure i like this card thing. This is pure money grabbing by Valve. I just sold one for 0.23$. 0.03$ went to Valve. I sold it in less than a seconde which means there's lot of people buying those. I'm sure Valve makes some good money out of those cards that really bring nothing to the gamer imo. I understand people can simply not buy any but well i would have prefered a way to trade one card for another one missing that would have been fun and not a money grabbing scheme by valve.

Not sure i like this card thing. This is pure money grabbing by Valve. I just sold one for 0.23$. 0.03$ went to Valve. I sold it in less than a seconde which means there's lot of people buying those. I'm sure Valve makes some good money out of those cards that really bring nothing to the gamer imo. UNderstand people can simply not buy any but well i would have prefered a way to trade one card for another one missing that would have been fun and not a money grabbing scheme by valve.

Valve makes cost of the game.  Can't get cards without the game.  Also the summer ones are only gotten via voting 5x or through 10$ purchases.

Not sure i like this card thing. This is pure money grabbing by Valve. I just sold one for 0.23$. 0.03$ went to Valve. I sold it in less than a seconde which means there's lot of people buying those. I'm sure Valve makes some good money out of those cards that really bring nothing to the gamer imo. I understand people can simply not buy any but well i would have prefered a way to trade one card for another one missing that would have been fun and not a money grabbing scheme by valve.

I disagree.....I'm up to $14.92 and all I've done was sell a few things that I don't plan on using to people who do plan on using them. Sure Valve gets a cut, but they are also giving me an easy platform to make a little extra money dedicated for games, as opposed to me trying to sell things outside the Steam client and possibly getting scammed or banned for breaking the EULA.

can't say I really understand the whole card thing haha but I love Steam sales, not buying too much this time, just got HL2 and Tomb Raider so far. Will get Dead Island Riptide when that goes on sale, most likely.

can't say I really understand the whole card thing haha but I love Steam sales, not buying too much this time, just got HL2 and Tomb Raider so far. Will get Dead Island Riptide when that goes on sale, most likely.

It's pretty simply actually.....you get cards for playing and buying games, or trading other people for them. Each card belongs to a specific badge. You can only get half the cards from a badge by playing it, after that you become eligible to receive a booster pack that contains 3 random cards, once eligible you have a chance each time somebody else crafts a badge to get a booster pack.

Once you have all the cards to a badge you can then craft that badge (each game that has cards has its own badge), once you craft a badge you can an emoticon to use in chat, and a profile background both related to the game you just crafted that badge for. As well as a chance to get a coupon for a random game or DLC, and 100 experience on your steam level (which currently is equal to 100 exp every 10 levels, so 1-10 takes 100, 11-20 takes 200, etc).

That's basically the gist of cards, I personally don't care about emoticons, profile backgrounds or Steam level, so it's better for me to simply sell all my cards on the Steam market.

Well now is the time to buy Fallout: NV, I definitely am, Ultimate Edition for $4.99, cheaper than the normal sale price of just the base game.

We can all vote for Torchlight 2 right now as the next community choice.

And Portal 2 is 5$ for people who have yet to play it.

Valve really should consider upgrading their servers. It would be nice if the store actually worked.

In their eyes its probably not worth it to upgrade when after the first half hour its practically back to normal.

Well now is the time to buy Fallout: NV, I definitely am, Ultimate Edition for $4.99, cheaper than the normal sale price of just the base game.

I just brought Fallout NV Ultimate to go with my standard version as it was cheaper than buying the DLC. :laugh:

So far i bought:

New vegas for 4.79

Tomb Raider for 12.49

Xcom for 9.99

Looking to buy Dishonored if it gets to 9.99$ or less.

I'll have enough new game for the rest of the summer probably.

BTW nothing to do with Steam summer sale but can't wait for Shadowrun Returns it looks so awesome.

There's a free demo on their website if you want to check that out first:

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/download.php

Thanks, I was curious about it but didn't know if it wanted to buy it.

I just brought Fallout NV Ultimate to go with my standard version as it was cheaper than buying the DLC. :laugh:

That's pretty crazy, guess they forgot to update the DLC prices or just didn't care enough to do so. Now you have an extra copy of the base game you can give to a friend though (or do they not give you an extra copy unless it's a Valve game?).

I think it used to add the ultimate along side standard in your game list but now it just updated my standard game to include the DLC which is good :)

Was planning on getting kerbal.. but its not sub 10$ :(  trying to decide if I should grab switcher 2 while it is still on sale.  

Was planning on getting kerbal.. but its not sub 10$ :(  trying to decide if I should grab switcher 2 while it is still on sale.

It's easily worth that price, however the game is really hard at the start.