12 posts in this topic

Posted

A woman in Vancouver whose bike was stolen discovered someone was selling it on Craigslist and went about stealing the bike back in a hilarious tale she shared on Facebook and Reddit.

Kayla Smith had her bike stolen from a friend

Posted

That could have went really wrong, is it really worth it over a Bike? It's just a Bike. Besides, she already had his contact info. Although I semi-applaud her for doing this, I don't necessarily think it was the right idea. Pretty funny though, like I wonder if his first though was, "Ah, she stole my bike!".

Posted

That could have went really wrong, is it really worth it over a Bike? It's just a Bike. Besides, she already had his contact info. Although I semi-applaud her for doing this, I don't necessarily think it was the right idea. Pretty funny though, like I wonder if his first though was, "Ah, she stole my bike!".

I was thinking the same thing, he could have easily jumped in his vehicle and chased her down, or he could have beat the hell out of her car or something (she did say she pulled into the parking lot, so either a friend dropped her off or she drove there, in which case she left her car with a thief to recover a bike or left her friend sitting in a car next to the thief).

She could have easily gotten the cops involved, when she and the cops showed up to the parking lot he would have either started running or stuck around and the serial number the bike shop gave her would have matched up and he would have been arrested.

Posted

She took a chance -- the thief could of brought his friends from the 'hood. :laugh:

Posted

StoleMyBike1.jpg

Posted

What could have went wrong? Taking it for a ride gives perfect opportunity to be far enough away before the dude notices what has happened

Posted

Canadian police urged people not to take matters such as these into their own hands, but in this instance, it all worked out. Hysterically so.

Yeah ok well then Canadian police maybe should get their butts from a chair and helped her right away. 

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah ok well then Canadian police maybe should get their butts from a chair and helped her right away. 

well to be fair Tim Hortons had a new donut on sale, and im assuming they just wanted to try that out first HAHAHA

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't cotton to relying on the police when you can do the job yourself. She did good.

Posted

I wonder if she could prove she was the bike owner, if she needed to.

Posted

I was thinking the same thing, he could have easily jumped in his vehicle and chased her down, or he could have beat the hell out of her car or something (she did say she pulled into the parking lot, so either a friend dropped her off or she drove there, in which case she left her car with a thief to recover a bike or left her friend sitting in a car next to the thief).

She could have easily gotten the cops involved, when she and the cops showed up to the parking lot he would have either started running or stuck around and the serial number the bike shop gave her would have matched up and he would have been arrested.

Haha you've never visited Vancouver. Hundreds of bikes are stolen every day. The police couldn't care less about a bike. Anyways, the thief would have rode the bike to meet, since he probably doesn't have a car (he would have to steal a LOT of bikes to be able to afford car insurance here), so there's pretty much no chance for him to chase her down.

Posted

I wonder if she could prove she was the bike owner, if she needed to.

I wonder if you read the article.

She called police to report the theft and phoned the bike shop to retrieve the bike