65 replies to this topic

#61 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:32

Hello,Personally, Mario games without Yoshi are a shame :(

There's that to :(. No Yoshi... Instead some annoying big inflatable dragon.

#62 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:36

Hello,Personally, Mario games without Yoshi are a shame :(

There's that to :(. No Yoshi... Instead some annoying big inflatable dragon.

You're not actually done after beating bowser in world bowser. There's the extra worlds which do require some collecting to fully unlock.

Also, they didn't use the gamepad that much.

I beat the boss and saved all the fairy things. I beat the game. Collecting crap and unlocking secret worlds is extras for OCD completionists. I might do a few levels I haven't finished yet when I'm bored or collect some stars when I'm done with that. But it's not something I have to do or have the energy to do, just something to do when bored, and only because I can play it on the pad while something else is on the screen.

#63 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:35

I beat the boss and saved all the fairy things. I beat the game. Collecting crap and unlocking secret worlds is extras for OCD completionists. I might do a few levels I haven't finished yet when I'm bored or collect some stars when I'm done with that. But it's not something I have to do or have the energy to do, just something to do when bored, and only because I can play it on the pad while something else is on the screen.

I don't think i'd call additional post game content stuff only for "ocd completionists". Achievements like you have on the other consoles, yes that'd be for completionists, but not actual gameplay like you have here.

#64 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 January 2014 - 15:41

the stamps and stars are still merely an incentive to get you to replay the same levels again. basically same thing as achievements. as for levels that require you to have all the hidden stuff,, personally I find it kind of annoying. like having to go back to get enough stars to get into the final castle. 

#65 OP jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 January 2014 - 18:05

the stamps and stars are still merely an incentive to get you to replay the same levels again. basically same thing as achievements. as for levels that require you to have all the hidden stuff,, personally I find it kind of annoying. like having to go back to get enough stars to get into the final castle. 

you could always collect the stamps and stars on your first go around?  jk  although I did do it on most of the early levels

#66 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 January 2014 - 18:50

In most cases where I skipped them it's was either because I didn't see it until to late and didn't want to waste a life, or I just managed to pass on of those annoying more luck than skill required areas and had no intention of doing crazy risks and have to do it again.