Photo

COD Ghosts: $1 Billion in sales to retail stores in 24hrs.

call of duty ghosts $$$$$$

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,519 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:21

Activision announced today that Call of Duty: Ghosts generated $1 billion in worldwide revenue on launch day.

Activision specifically noted in its announcement that it "sold more than $1 billion of Call of Duty: Ghosts into retail stores worldwide as of day one," meaning the figure is made up of units sold to retailers and not necessarily sales to consumers.

By comparison, Call of Duty: Black Ops II needed 15 days to reach $1 billion in sales, though that figure included units sold to consumers and not only to retailers.

Citing data from Microsoft, Activision also announced that Call of Duty: Ghosts has moved to the top spot on Xbox Live as the most-played game this week.

On the Xbox 360, average play sessions for Call of Duty: Ghosts have been longer than Black Ops II or Modern Warfare 3 over the same period, Activision said.

http://www.gamespot....n/1100-6415993/

hot damn. Call of Duty still has it.

#2 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,232 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:22

Video game equivalent to Justin Bieber and Twilight.

#3 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,366 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:29

The only good COD games are COD2 and COD:MW. The rest is just the same old trash.

#4 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,148 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:31

Video game equivalent to Justin Bieber and Twilight.

Personally i think Bieber is the lesser of two evils.

I've actually never heard anyone say Bieber is a great singer. I know some people think it but i've never encountered one. I've heard many many casual console gamers say CoD is teh b3st thing ev4r it's aw3some bla bla bla.

I'm positive Bieber fans will someday realise he was not great and will put him in the "guilty pleasure" drawer of their life experiences. I'm not so sure about CoD fanboys. I think there's no hope for them. They really think CoD past the first one are great games and i think they are beyond redemption.

#5 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,492 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:32

awesome! Glad to see video games owning the entertainment scene!

#6 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• 1,035 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:34

I've actually never heard anyone say Bieber is a great singer.

Bieber is a great singer, no joke.

Regarding this, it just makes me sad to see the game industry becoming monopolised in this way. If there's the market for it like this, they're going to keep working on them. I remember being excited to play and download the CoD 4 beta.

#7 Master of Earth

Master of Earth

Neowinian

• 583 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:36

this is about retailer not consumer sales...lol 

NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO GTA V. 

#8 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,148 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:46

Bieber is a great singer, no joke.

Regarding this, it just makes me sad to see the game industry becoming monopolised in this way. If there's the market for it like this, they're going to keep working on them. I remember being excited to play and download the CoD 4 beta.

CoD 4 was Modern Warfare right ? It was a good game actually.

Honestly on a more serious tone CoD games are great games. I loved the first CoD and played it a lot. I liked Modern Warfare too. My problem with the serie is they release a new game every year with the same gfx, same engine and mostly same gameplay with an occasional new twist.

I mean people keep saying Nintendo rehash bla bla bla etc. Yet there have been more CoD games in the last 10 years than real Mario games ever (not considering the many spin-off and xpac). There have been in the last 10 years a great total of 10 CoD games. One every damn year.

All of those games are good to great games when you ignore the other ones in the serie. But i think it's dumb for people to spend 60$ a year on what is basically the same game with the same gfx. And it think reviewers are stupid to give the same game 8/10 every year too. The reviews of this new CoD are so dumb. Reviewers basically say it's the same old thing with out of date gfx yet they give the game 8+. Only Giant Bomb had to guts the give it the score it deserves which is a 3 stars out of 5 for being the same old thing over and over again.

#9 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Web Developer

• 478 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 06 November 2013 - 15:49

THAT ARTICLE IS NOT TRUE!  They've sold $1bn to retaillers so they can sell the game, that's not sales. 

#10 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• 1,035 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 06 November 2013 - 16:10

CoD 4 was Modern Warfare right ? It was a good game actually.

Honestly on a more serious tone CoD games are great games. I loved the first CoD and played it a lot. I liked Modern Warfare too. My problem with the serie is they release a new game every year with the same gfx, same engine and mostly same gameplay with an occasional new twist.

I mean people keep saying Nintendo rehash bla bla bla etc. Yet there have been more CoD games in the last 10 years than real Mario games ever (not considering the many spin-off and xpac). There have been in the last 10 years a great total of 10 CoD games. One every damn year.

All of those games are good to great games when you ignore the other ones in the serie. But i think it's dumb for people to spend 60$ a year on what is basically the same game with the same gfx. And it think reviewers are stupid to give the same game 8/10 every year too. The reviews of this new CoD are so dumb. Reviewers basically say it's the same old thing with out of date gfx yet they give the game 8+. Only Giant Bomb had to guts the give it the score it deserves which is a 3 stars out of 5 for being the same old thing over and over again.

Yeah it was. Was the last CoD to have the numbering on the case. Now the number is probably in double figures. I loved CoD 4 to death and remember moving over from Halo 3 weeks after it came out just to play the beta, thought it was revolutionary. Now look at it.

#11 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,232 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 06 November 2013 - 16:12

Yeah CoD4 was pretty good, after that it just became so derivative that the series devolved into shlock.

#12 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

• 1,848 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 16:18

This is a misinterpretation of the article.

They've sold $1billion worth of stock to retailers, not to customers.  This is not sales, this is shipping.  there aren't yet any actual sales figures.

#13 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,788 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 16:21

I like the CoD single player missions i think there fun even though its is the same old story redone most of the time but i think the multiplayer sucks on it, i really dont like it i find it really boring and static. not sure whether to get ghosts or not mainly cus i find BF4 awesome even with its server issues at the moe so not much other time:d

#14 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• 23,829 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 18:29

1 Billion to retail != 1 Billion in sales. GTA V record hasn't been broken.

#15 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• 5,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 19:46

That Gamespot didn't see any particular framerate problems (If I'm not mistaken) while the rest of the internets did, coupled with this twaddle, may very well speak they must be enjoying Activision's early Xmas presents.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!