• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 computer_lecturer

computer_lecturer

Neowinian

• 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 18:37

hello friends,
i have completed my masters in computers about 7 years ago. after that i have worked about 1 year in it industry and since last 6 years i m working as a lecturer in computer science. now i want to ask you friends how can i take my career further in IT?

if i do FPM from any IIMs, what will be the benefit? and if i want to go to foreign for phd or for job how can i proceed further? can any one help me , plz?

#2 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,985 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:41

Where are you?

What were the parts of masters that you enjoyed most?

#3 riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• 7,815 posts
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 12 November 2013 - 16:39

Hello,

hello friends,
i have completed my masters in computers about 7 years ago. after that i have worked about 1 year in it industry and since last 6 years i m working as a lecturer in computer science. now i want to ask you friends how can i take my career further in IT?

if i do FPM from any IIMs, what will be the benefit? and if i want to go to foreign for phd or for job how can i proceed further? can any one help me , plz?

I sincerally do not wish to offend you or insult you, but you might want to take up a course on english :) Being able to speak, type (write), and read english is SO important in the IT area.

#4 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,500 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 21:14

Welcome to Neowin

#5 OP computer_lecturer

computer_lecturer

Neowinian

• 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 18:52

Hello,
I sincerally do not wish to offend you or insult you, but you might want to take up a course on english :) Being able to speak, type (write), and read english is SO important in the IT area.

hello riahc3, well i really dnt know you! but in your post u have definitely insulted me! and i asked help , i didnt ask your "unwanted advice"!

and u need not to worry about my english that is definitely none of your business, u do your work!

#6 OP computer_lecturer

computer_lecturer

Neowinian

• 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 18:53

Where are you?

What were the parts of masters that you enjoyed most?

hi me from india

and i like mostly dbms and programming side

#7 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 18:54

hello riahc3, well i really dnt know you! but in your post u have definitely insulted me! and i asked help , i didnt ask your "unwanted advice"!

and u need not to worry about my english that is definitely none of your business, u do your work!

You asked for advice and he gave you honest advice.

#8 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,168 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 18:58

Wow, calm down.  He is correct - a proper use of English will help you get a lot further - which you actually DID ask, as will dropping that attitude!

Now, having been 7 years out of university and only gaining 1 years valid experience is going to work against you.

For the record, I am in the process of getting rid of an employee purely because his command of English is not sufficient.

#9 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:01

Welcome to Neowin. :)

#10 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,566 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:04

Wow, calm down.  He is correct - a proper use of English will help you get a lot further - which you actually DID ask, as will dropping that attitude!

Now, having been 7 years out of university and only gaining 1 years valid experience is going to work against you.

For the record, I am in the process of getting rid of an employee purely because his command of English is not sufficient.

Oh no, please do not be giving me the sackings this close to Christmas master........

#11 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,566 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:09

With an attitude like that, you will not be making many friends here, also most IT employers need to know they're understood in their requests and demands, and prefer anyone who can clearly answer their question with sufficient knowledge of the home language of said nation.

You want to take that as some friendly advise or as an insult is entirely your choice, oh and by the way I happen to be Indian, From Sherpura in Panjab, so please, drop that chip from your shoulder.

#12 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 18:37

Oh no, please do not be giving me the sackings this close to Christmas master...

I'm no scrooge, he simply is unable to do his job due to his poor English.  Last review he promised to go on a course to improve it - and didn't.