Corrinne Yu (Halo) leaves Microsoft for Naughty Dog

Sony own ND so unless they bought themselves out they aren't going MP.

They could do something like Bungie did. Although I'm not sure if that was exactly the same relationship as Sony and ND have.

They could do something like Bungie did. Although I'm not sure if that was exactly the same relationship as Sony and ND have.

It's not. Bungie was fully owned by MS until they split into a private company. I believe they still own a minority stake, unless that changed the moment they made the 10 year partnership with Activision. At which point, Microsoft probably sold their stake as it's essentially worthless after they finished Halo Reach.

Same story with MS, Nintendo and Rare.

Plus there has been plenty of coverage in the past of the troublesome relationship between Bungie and MS. Had they declined their request to split they would have all left anyway. AFAIK Naughty Dog haven't got any issues with Sony or their working relationship. As long as they never let the quality slip & Sony never drop out from consoles, you're pretty much guaranteed a job for life.

Sony own ND so unless they bought themselves out they aren't going MP.

Didn't know Sony owned them. Thought they just owned some of the IPs. Oh well ...

If Sony owns them, it sure would be cool if they gave Heavenly Sword to ND for a go ...

Didn't know Sony owned them. Thought they just owned some of the IPs. Oh well ...

Yeah they are 1st party devs.