Samsung Galaxy S2

Wasn't sure if I should post this in the Android forum since this might end up about other phone types.

Anyway, I just found out about a MAJOR flaw with Samsung phones (or possibly all android based phones) is that when PIN locked, they do not allow outgoing calls with a BT headset. Very inconvenient and not very handsfree. I read the S3 & S4 continue with this flaw. I've tried Tasker & Delay Lock, but they don't seem to work with my phone either. It's on JB 4.1.2 and I'm about ready to give up on this phone and find one that will work with a headset while locked. My old Blackberry could make calls while being locked.

I'm looking for a phone comparable to the S2 in features/apps. It doesn't have to be the latest & greatest, but it does need to be compatible with my H730 headset. Searching Google doesn't exactly bring back useful info.

That actually seems preferable, so it's not a flaw (by design). The only place I can counter this with this example: When I get into my car, the phone automatically pairs with the iDrive system. I can make hands free calls with the phone in my pocket (which obviously is locked). So, yes, it can make calls while paired over Bluetooth and PIN locked. Confirmed with HTC One, and Nexus 5. Other forums also indicate this is possible with the GS3/4 and iPhones.

I make BT calls from my car using the car's built-in BT hands free system every day on a pin-locked Galaxy S2. Its running 4.1.2, stock ROM but rooted.