Photo

Which version of X-Men comic book to pick up?

comic books comics x-men

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 teknix360

teknix360

Neowinian

• 119 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus, Moto G

Posted 10 December 2013 - 21:25

I have been out of the Marvel universe for several years. Nostalgia has hit me and I want to start reading X-Men again. Which series should I add to my pull list? I prefer interesting story lines with some depth and nice artwork. If there is a particular run you think I might like, I'm open to digging through some back issues (but not too far back).  :shiftyninja:

#2 ncc50446

ncc50446

Engage!

• 1,341 posts
  • Phone: Android CM11 4.4.4

Posted 10 December 2013 - 21:34

I don't much like the X-Men lately...I like the older X-Men, from the 90's..

#3 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,519 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 10 December 2013 - 21:37

I'm currently reading the newly launched titles like "All-New X-Men" and such because I've been out of the loop for awhile as well. I do need to read Avengers vs. X-Men before getting into "All-New X-Men" and the other X-Men titles. Only then you'll understand the current team setups.

#4 OP teknix360

teknix360

Neowinian

• 119 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus, Moto G

Posted 10 December 2013 - 21:41

I'm currently reading the newly launched titles like "All-New X-Men" and such because I've been out of the loop for awhile as well. I do need to read Avengers vs. X-Men before getting into "All-New X-Men" and the other X-Men titles. Only then you'll understand the current team setups.

Is "All-New" Marvel's version of DC's "New 52"? I really like most of the New 52 titles -- Wonder Woman, Batwoman, Batgirl, even Aquaman isn't half bad.

#5 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,519 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 10 December 2013 - 22:09

Yeah, they've made Aquaman into something badass with the New 52 if you ask me. "All-New" from Marvel isn't like DC's New 52 though. New 52 is a complete reset of the universe with some major things from before the reset still intact. "All-New" however are just relaunches from existing titles under the "Marvel NOW!" branding. "All-New X-Men" for instance is about the original 5 who are pulled out of the past by Beast to see what they've become. So they're building off of what happened in previous books but it's also a great starting point. Along the way they'll explain what happened before the original five got pulled in from the past though.