I think the best looking games at the moment are :

Splinter cell: Blacklist

BF4

FC3

ACIV

Crysis 3

grid 2

Batman Arkham Origins

An of couse i think Half-life 2 still looks kickass after all these years.

Where to start?

Firstly, I'd recommend whacking the SweetFX mod on whatever you do.

Video Tutorial

Skip to 6:30 if you want to see him fiddling with the settings in-game.

And then, I'd give Ziggy's Mod a go:

http://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/63/?

Whether you play the vanilla first and then switch to one of the mods such as Ziggy's is up to you. I played through the game first before fiddling with mods, but I've got friends who've gotten bored of the game early because they simply hated how easy it was. They didn't enjoy stuff like the detection markers, minimap, glowing items, bright red / blue enemies and so on - I'm not a stickler for realism, but stuff like that does break the game's immersion. So, they didn't even get through half a game without playing with the mods available. I enjoyed it just as much on the second playthrough with Ziggy's mod, as I did with the first playthrough on vanilla.

Skyrim all tricked out will pwn all but the best PC's. I'm talking all 2k/4k textures, dense flora, ENB, Parallax. I just bought a new gfx card and I still can't run an ENB + textures :/ Still I'd rather have better textures than an ENB. I can still simulate ENB effects like DOF using dynavision. I'd probably need a Titan or something to have everything running.

I just wanted to see how far i could push my system and how it compared to 'next gen' console graphics of the PS4..

I started playing Far Cry 3 last night and completely agree it looks great.. managed to max it out with very little performance hit on my 7950, dropped the anti-alising to x4 to improve performance and had a great experience.

I think a 7950 would destroy both consoles on gfx mainly because it can actually handle a high lvl of antialiasing and max settings atm. Obviously the console gfx will get better but I doubt its hard for a decent gfx card to own it up. but on topic

BF4 is really good specially the grass swaying in the wind

AC4 look s really the sea looks amazing so fluid but that's where youd expect the majority to be seeing as its a scurvy dog game argghh!!

CoD Ghosts isn't one of them tbh, sure it look s better than say black ops 2 but its same engine tweaked with DX11 gfx slapped on top rather than dx9/10

that's al ive played so far I think with my new one that push it to the limits :d

Assassin's creed 4. Bioshock infinite while not as intense as the crysis games features a visually stunning pallet, probably one of the most vibrant games I have ever played.

Thanks guys.. I've got GTA4, mods look great but not really enjoying the game much so it could be a wasted effort. I've got Hitman Absolution so i'll try that... and both Metro and Farcry have 50% off on Steam at the minute so i'll grab those.

Crysis 3 fully updated, Crysis 2 with 1.9 patch AND high-texture mods (if you have a GPU with 2GB onboard or more, with the large-texture pack otherwise).  If you have Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, you need only the larger-texture mod.  When I got my GTX550Ti, I could finally add the large-texture package (the Crytek one - not the mod), and it actually does improve the visual quality, though it didn't look exactly awful before the larger textures.

iRacing

iRacing-Circuit-Zolder-Available-For-Pre

Those cobbles look out of place, kind of like old school blue/green screen effects in films.