Post your lifehacks

qC0ht5c.jpg

I like that... A friend of mine has been looking for the sleeves for his CDs... the stores said they don't have them..  He was frustrated.

Now you posted that image.. LOL  

I will forward that image to him and see what he says....  (I bet he will say: DAMN, I should have thought about this!)   lol

I like that... A friend of mine has been looking for the sleeves for his CDs... the stores said they don't have them..  He was frustrated.

Now you posted that image.. LOL  

I will forward that image to him and see what he says....  (I bet he will say: DAMN, I should have thought about this!)   lol

Careful on using paper, it will scratch.

Careful on using paper, it will scratch.

Yeah, I think this hack is supposed to be for short-term storage. E.G. Your friend burns you something (lol, who burns ###### any more?) but doesn't have a case so you fashion one like this so it doesn't get scratched in your pocket/bag.

Those paper sleeves are pretty easy to find. You can probably buy like 100 online for a buck or something.

• Like 1

Those paper sleeves are pretty easy to find. You can probably buy like 100 online for a buck or something.

Yeah they are now.. but they weren't around/available that time which the CDs were invented that time. CDs always come with plastic cases..  and when the cases are broken.. he wanted to get the sleeves but there weren't around. He was trying to be careful to carry the CDs without cases... 

He didn't have a job that time. I told him to put the CD in other case along with other CD... I mean you can carry 2 CDs in one case... if you know what I meant.

He didn't have a job that time. I told him to put the CD in other case along with other CD... I mean you can carry 2 CDs in one case... if you know what I meant.

Kind of works, although I've found the CD sitting on the top slips off of the hub and it slips around inside the case.

Kind of works, although I've found the CD sitting on the top slips off of the hub and it slips around inside the case.

My cases don't do that.  They stay put.  I checked and tested shaking the case and no CDs moving around.

You probably have the wrong cases ..

That doesn't work on my 1100w microwave.  You know the difference times for it?

Butterkist popcorn in an 1100w Microwave:

2mins 25secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

2mins 33secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

2mins 40secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

One of the most useful things i've found when travelling for business is how to iron a shirt without an iron.

You need two hangers, one of which needs the clips on the bottom.  Hang the shirt in the bathroom on a normal hanger, and clip the clips on the other hanger to the bottom of the shirt. Hang a bag or something on the hook of the bottom hanger and turn the shower on as hot as it will go.  Close the door for about 10 minutes and you have a wrinkle free shirt.

Butterkist popcorn in an 1100w Microwave:

2mins 25secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

2mins 33secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

2mins 40secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

tumblr_m9cckmRlJK1rd2qw6o1_400.gif

Leave the side panel off of the desktop -- keeps it much cooler, for free. ;)

And invites every piece of dust from metres in every direction into the case.

Leave the side panel off of the desktop -- keeps it much cooler, for free. ;)

If you have a crappy case with thermal-management not taken into account for the design of the case than yes it can help, but with a decent case doing this will not help component temperatures, only case temperatures (due to destroying airflow).

Was reminded of this from a Facebook status just now.

Razor blades:

To get more use out of those expensive replacement blades, dry it after each use. You'll get much more usage out of it.

Post yours :p

I switched a couple of months ago to a double edge straight razor.  Best shave ever.  Plus the blades are super cheap.  I can get a box of 100 from Amazon for $12, that less than a 4 pack of cartridge blades.  And the de razors last me for about a 3 week period shaving every day.