Photo

Wildstar

official wildstar mmorpg pc carbine studios ncsoft

148 replies to this topic

#136 Yogurth

Yogurth

Neowinian

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:29

Played it for 10 days during open beta...all I can say is that MMO does not get more generic than this :(  Very disappointed.

#137 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:37

Played it for 10 days during open beta...all I can say is that MMO does not get more generic than this :(  Very disappointed.

To be fair, it kinda had to be generic to grow a wider playerbase. Look at all the niche MMOs that have came and went as of late.

#138 Yogurth

Yogurth

Neowinian

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:46

To be fair, it kinda had to be generic to grow a wider playerbase. Look at all the niche MMOs that have came and went as of late.

I think that is surefire way to f2p, before it fails completely like ESO. Look at Guild Wars 2...very successful game even after almost 2 years since the launch, and very few things are generic in that game. I think not a single WoW copy will dethrone old school MMORPG, something completely new is  needed and GW2 is a pretty solid try.

#139 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:47

The thing is of course that generic MMOs get a big early playerbase, then the die or ncsoft kills it. Niche MMOs they hang around with their dedicated niche playerbase.

#140 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 19 June 2014 - 20:33

Topic cleaned

Enough of the troll card / bickering. Agree to disagree and move on.

#141 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 19 June 2014 - 20:45

I have seen a few reviews of the game so far that state the beginning is very standard but the end game is actually rather nice. I am not sure yet if i am going to pick this one up. I played Guild Wars 2 till the end game and ended up getting bored because i do not know anyone else that is playing the game so I have never done a dungeon or anything in the game.

#142 Beyond Godlike

Beyond Godlike

Neowinian

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:31

Having poorly coded the game and the horrible performance(specially on AMD hardware), the game itself seems half baked.  Im kind of relieved it didnt work out anyways, Id have spent too much time on it. 

#143 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2014 - 00:04

Well according to their update notes they may have a potential fix in the works for the performance issues on amd.

But the game still needs a lot of optimization.

#144 sc305495

sc305495

"do or do not, there is no try"

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:27

If anyone happens to have a spare 10 day free trial key I'd love to give it a go :rofl: .

#145 sc305495

sc305495

"do or do not, there is no try"

Posted 25 July 2014 - 17:50

I've been playing on Pergo(pvp), level 50 Esper and I LOVE this game!!!  It's very much like vanilla wow, the boss encounters are actually challenging!  Feel free to add me if you'd like to play :).

Also!  There will be a public free trial soon: http://www.wildstar-...trial-giveaway/

#146 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 July 2014 - 18:11

I decided to get a cheap key last weekend. just because being out of work and being super hot summer I'm super bored and have nothing to do...

I've barely gotten to level 10 in this time. game still does little to make me want to play the game. missions are all over the place(not geographically) with some being extremely hard to impossible. until you grind regular mobs to level up since there wasn't enough quests around to level me up, except for the stupid challenges. in these days when I was playing I can count the amount of other players I've seen on ONE hand. it's dead in there. 

and the interface is badly designed in many places. things are badly explained.  "ding you level, now you can tradecraft and have hobbies" .... ok.. what are hobbies. not explained anywhere, even when you click on it, it just makes it go away. Costumes. not explained anywhere. even the wiki when you look it up just says "go to this thing somewhere".

#147 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:12

If you're running out of quests then you're doing something wrong. There's no way you should be running out of quests in any given area if you're progressing through the area properly. I've made several characters and each one of them was 15-16 after clearing the first areas of all quests without any sort of grinding.

As for the rest...yeah some things aren't explained very well. Like costumes.

The best way I can describe how to use costumes is that you have to visit the dye/costume npc and open the dye window. Then you can equip any kind of armor as a costume in that window (not your character window, but the dye window..). This is nice because you can use any sort of armor in your costume. If you're a light armor class you can use heavy armor and vice versa.

#148 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:29

So all the fears about NCSoft was unsurprisingly justified after all.

http://www.polygon.c...studios-layoffs

Now will it turn F2P or be killed first is the next question. And what happened to all the claims it wasn't an NCSoft game, just published by them...

#149 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:32

I stopped playing some months ago. Maybe I'll try it again if it goes f2p.