Bieber Gets Off

I like how people are saying he "only" blew xyz as a way to justify it, that is still illegal no matter which way you look at it, he is 19 which is under the legal drinking age of 21, and driving. The minimum he should get is a Wet and Reckless but in all honestly he deserves a DUI and should have the book thrown at him for all his antics.

In other words, you hate Bieber for being Bieber - not because he broke any laws (which, according to the real records, he didn't).

Basically, the worst they could LEGALLY hit him with would be disorderly conduct (misdemeanor charge - probation OR likely no more than sixty days in the local jail, along with a light-to-medium fine).

Juvenile version of DUI would require a BAL of 0.02 - Bieber didn't even have that.  (Therefore, so much for DUI.)  He wasn't speeding, either.  (Oooops.)  Smarting off to the cops (which he admits) was rather dense - however, that is covered by a disorderly-conduct charge - which is ALL that is left.

I don't particularly care for Bieber, either - however, just because I don't care for his antics, that does not put me any more above the law than he is.  All trying to throw the book at him (without evidence) would do is make the charging authorities look worse than Bieber.  (The Superior Court in and for the County of Los Angeles, California is STILL getting the egg off their collective faces after OJ's acquittal; thoroughly wrecking the rep built up by "Dragnet" and "ADAM-12".)

I agree. I'm no Bieber fan, but you can't charge someone with a crime "just because." A law has to be violated first, and laws have specific definitions and criteria.

In other words, you hate Bieber for being Bieber - not because he broke any laws (which, according to the real records, he didn't).

Basically, the worst they could LEGALLY hit him with would be disorderly conduct (misdemeanor charge - probation OR likely no more than sixty days in the local jail, along with a light-to-medium fine).

Juvenile version of DUI would require a BAL of 0.02 - Bieber didn't even have that.  (Therefore, so much for DUI.)  He wasn't speeding, either.  (Oooops.)  Smarting off to the cops (which he admits) was rather dense - however, that is covered by a disorderly-conduct charge - which is ALL that is left.

I don't particularly care for Bieber, either - however, just because I don't care for his antics, that does not put me any more above the law than he is.  All trying to throw the book at him (without evidence) would do is make the charging authorities look worse than Bieber.  (The Superior Court in and for the County of Los Angeles, California is STILL getting the egg off their collective faces after OJ's acquittal; thoroughly wrecking the rep built up by "Dragnet" and "ADAM-12".)

I don't care for his antics either, but they can actually make it easier for him to get off if his lawyer can bring up that law enforcement had a predisposition to pull him over just because of his celebrity and highly publicized "antics".  If that is the only reason they had to pull him over, then that is an instant case dismissed.  I'd be surprised if the mouthing off to the cops wouldn't be dismissed as well since it wasn't a proper pull over to begin with.

I agree. I'm no Bieber fan, but you can't charge someone with a crime "just because." A law has to be violated first, and laws have specific definitions and criteria.

Of course you can, it's Justin Bieber we're talking about :p

I was reading the article and this stood out at me...

uh, what? at 18 you are considered an adult in the USA

Depends on the state and the context.

For the general age of majority (contract signing etc.) it's 18 EXCEPT for Alabama (19), Nebraska (19 or upon marriage) and Puerto Rico (21)

For drinking some states allow it at 18 while for others its 21.

For sexual consent it ranges from 16-18, with exceptions for marriage or between kids of a similar age over 13-15.

For voting its 18. US Constitution.

For marriage without permission it's 18, 19, or 21 depending on the state.

Some states also allow children under the age of majority to become "emancipated" after a family court hearing. California allows emancipation at 14.

In many ways each US state is like a small country of its own, with extensive home rule and divergent cultures in spite of superficial similarities.

Drinking age in all states is 21, its tied to Federal highway funds.

Some states only criminalize possession but not consumption, some have exemptions if the minor is with parents.

For all the bitching and moaning in this thread...I still cannot find 1 US based news article that says anything about him not being charged.  I have looked on nbc news, cnn, fox news, usa today, and even tmz.

You would think that if this was true that twitter would be blowing up about it but it isn't: https://twitter.com/search?q=justin%20bieber&src=corr

So...this story is a load of nothing.

That's supposedly 60 MPH?... That looks like any normal car going down a residential street...

Agreed, it looks like a normal 30-35 mph.  Plus, the cars behind them are doing the same speed. Even if it was 60 mph, I don't see how it classifies as a drag race.  If it was, those SUVs would be left in the dust.

My guess is that this video is well after any sort of "race".

Sadly we will never know the truth of the matter or what transpired however, i have a strong feeling that there was money involved and as many other people have said if this had happened to a normal person they would be facing years of jail time for what had happened. where someone with money can just walk away and think of themselves as immortal and above the law.

Thousands sign US petition to deport Justin Bieber

More than 100,000 Americans have signed an online petition asking for the singer Justin Bieber to be deported to Canada.

It follows a string of controversies and his arrest last week in Miami on suspicion of driving under the influence and resisting arrest.

The petition, posted on the White House website, calls for the singer's green card to be revoked as "we are being wrongly represented in the world of pop culture".

It adds that Bieber is "dangerous" and a "terrible influence on our nations youth".

Source - Petition :rolleyes:

Thousands sign US petition to deport Justin Bieber

More than 100,000 Americans have signed an online petition asking for the singer Justin Bieber to be deported to Canada.

It follows a string of controversies and his arrest last week in Miami on suspicion of driving under the influence and resisting arrest.

The petition, posted on the White House website, calls for the singer's green card to be revoked as "we are being wrongly represented in the world of pop culture".

It adds that Bieber is "dangerous" and a "terrible influence on our nations youth".

Source - Petition :rolleyes:

This is possibly the ONLY time I've ever wished I was an American... :rofl:

Canadian pop star Justin Bieber has walked into a Toronto police station, where police sources say he will face a charge in connection with an alleged assault involving a limousine driver in late December.

Oh no -- now even Canada won't take him back ! :o

• Like 1